Shirley MacLaine net worth: Shirley MacLaine is an American film and theater actress, singer, dancer, activist and author who has a net worth of $50 million. Originally named Shirley MacLean Beaty, she has enjoyed an impressive professional career for more than six decades. MacLaine made her big break in the mid-1950s with the Broadway musical The Pajama Game. Once Hal Wallis saw her incredible performance, MacLaine concluded a contract with Paramount Pictures. Then followed her big film debut in Alfred Hitchcock's The Trouble with Harry in 1955, which brought her a Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year – Actress. Since, she has established herself as a prominent actress at the time landing roles in classics like Can-Can, The Apartment, Sweet Charity, Irma La Douce and Terms of Endearment. Over the years, she has appeared in more than fifty films, has been nominated for an Academy Award six times, has received three Emmys, ten Golden Globes and received the Oscar for Best Actress in 1984. Apart from her involvement in theater and movies, she is an outspoken advocate for civil rights and liberties and spiritual understanding. While as a writer, she has sold more than 20,000,000 copies of her nine international bestsellers, most of which are autobiographical works dealing with her spiritual beliefs and her Hollywood career. In 2012, MacLaine received the highest honor for a career in film, the 40th AFI Life Achievement Award, by the American Film Institute. Appreciating freedom, Shirley was in an open marriage with businessman Steve Parker until their divorce in 1982. They had one daughter together and both had affairs with other people.
Shirley MacLaine Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Apr 24, 1934 (81 years old)
Actor, Dancer, Singer, Author, Screenwriter, Film Producer, Activist, Film director
United States of America
5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)
Shirley Maclane, Shirley MacLean Beaty, Powerhouse, Shirley MacLean Beatty, Shirley McLaine
Lil Wayne Makes Shocking Claims About Birdman Fleecing Millions From Drake, Nicki Minaj And Moreon Oct 8, 2015
Pierre Cardin Lists His Bizarre South Of France Mansion For $450 Millionon Oct 8, 2015
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
Some Athletes Go Broke In Retirement. David Robinson Just Luanched His SECOND Private-Equity Fundon Oct 7, 2015
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
10 Of Angelina Jolie's Top Earning Film Roleson Oct 8, 2015
Some Of The Most Eccentric Billionaires And Millionaireson Oct 7, 2015
Wait Til You Hear How Much The Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist's Ex-Wife Wants Per Monthon Oct 8, 2015
How Much Has Sofia Vergara Made From Her Major Film Roles?on Oct 7, 2015
Shirley MacLaine Earnings
Click to Expand
- Two Mules for Sister Sara$800,00010% of the profits
- Sweet Charity$800,000% of profit
- Irma la Douce$350,0007.5% of profit
- The Apartment$175,000
- Some Came Running$37,500
- Around the World in Eighty Days$6,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Did A Draft Kings Employee Use Inside Information To Win BIG MONEY Off Arch Rival Fan Duel?Draft Kings and Fan Duel give fantasy players a chance to win $1 million, but is it worth it to play if someone working for the company is cheating?
- You Won't Believe How Much Hard Rock Café Founder Just Dropped On Two NYC CondosAnother day, another rich person dropping crazy cash on amazing real estate. This time, it's Hard Rock Café and Morton's Steakhouse founder Peter Morton, and the place is Manhattan.
- How Much Can You Make Behind The Scenes in Hollywood?If you don't have your acting chops down, perhaps you could make some good money as a writer, producer, or maybe even a stunt person.
- Weekend Box Office Review For October 2nd – October 4thThis weekend, The Martian opened at #1, but how did other movies stack up?