Robert Redford net worth: Robert Redford is an American actor, director, producer, environmentalist, who has a net worth of $170 million. Robert Redford is also famous for being the founder of the Sundance Film Festival. Redford grew up in Santa Monica, California. He won a baseball scholarship to the University of Colorado. Redford took classes in theatrical set design at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City and studied painting at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn. Redford began his acting career in New York on stage in Neil Simon's Barefoot in the Park, and appeared in a number of television shows, including Perry Mason, The Untouchables, Route 66, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Playhouse 90, Dr. Kildare, and The Twilight Zone. Redford's big break was his casting in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, opposite Paul Newman. Redford also starred in The Sting, The Way We Were, The Candidate, Three Days of the Condor (1975), All the President's Men, The Natural, and Out of Africa. As a filmmaker Redford directed Ordinary People, Quiz Show, A River Runs Through It, The Legend of Bagger Vance, and The Horse Whisperer, which he also starred in. Redford established the Sundance Film Festival in 1978, it is the largest independent cinema festival in the United States. Redford received two Oscars, as best director of the movie Ordinary People, and a Lifetime Achievement Oscar in 2002.
Robert Redford Net Worth
Date of Birth
Aug 18, 1937 (78 years old)
Actor, Film Producer, Film director, Businessperson, Television producer, Activist, Environmentalist, Philanthropist
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.79 m)
Charles Robert Redford Jr., Bob, Charles Robert Redford, Jr.
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Golden State Warriors Sign Extremely Lucrative Arena Naming Rights Dealon Feb 7, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 Millionon Feb 6, 2016
Who Will Be The First $100 Million Earner In Tennis - Novak Djokovic Or Roger Federer?on Feb 7, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Robert Redford Earnings
Click to Expand
- The Last Castle$11,000,000
- Indecent Proposal$4,000,000
- The Electric Horseman$3,500,000
- A Bridge Too Far$2,000,000
- The Sting$500,000
- War Hunt$500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL SalaryRunning back Marshawn Lynch is known for a lot of things: his Skittles touchdown celebrations, giving short, repetitive answers to the media, and being a bruising, powerful running back. Let's add financially wise to that list.
- Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.Back when he was a young hotshot in the league, Spencer Haywood was given a choice by Nike. His decision ultimately cost him a HUGE amount of money.
- The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone ElseThe richest 62 people in the world would all fit onto a bus. Those 62 people have as much cold, hard cash (and assets) as half of the population of the world. And thank God they do, so that we have things to write about at Celebrity Net Worth!
- Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas MansionMike Tyson has made and blown a fortune during his lifetime, but apparently things are on the up and up now. They must be, for him to be able to afford buying a 10,000 square foot home in Las Vegas.