Robert Downey, Jr net worth and salary: Robert Downey, Jr is a New York-born A-list actor who has a net worth of $170 million dollars. Robert Downey, Jr is an actor, singer, and producer, who appeared in his first film at the age of five. He was born on April 4, 1965 in Manhattan, New York City. His father is a writer, actor and director. Robert Downey, Jr. is most widely recognized for his roles in such films as "Less Than Zero", "Chaplin", "Soapdish", the "Iron Man" franchise, and "Tropic Thunder". Robert most recently made headlines thanks to his massive success in the film The Avengers and as Tony "Iron Man" Stark. In a contract clause that ended up making him almost as rich as his onscreen alter-ego, Downey made a staggering $50 million cut off The Aveners' enormous box office take. And the Marvel Studios pictures aren't the only big screen blockbusters pinned on Downey Jr.'s unique onscreen charisma – the Sherlock Holmes films have also hung on his unique box office draw. And RDJ is showing no signs of slowing down in his new career as a big Hollywood blockbuster attraction. Iron Man 3 was written and directed by Shane Black, the author behind Downey's late-career cult favorite Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
Robert Downey Jr Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Robert Downey Jr.
Robert Downey, Jr., Robert John Downey, Jr., Robert John Downey, Jr, Bob Downey, Robert Downey, RDJ, Bob, Robert John Downey Jr, Robert Downey Jr, Robert Downey, Jr.
Actor, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Singer-songwriter, Comedian
Date of Birth
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.74 m)
Turning Down $90 Million Now Could Earn Jimmy Butler An Extra $100 Millionon Jun 29, 2015
This Week In Celebrity Car News (June 22 - 29)on Jun 29, 2015
Meet Wang Sicong: The Breast-Obsessed Controversial Son Of China's Richest Manon Jun 29, 2015
The Fascinating Life Of Jimmy Choo Founder Tamara Mellon And Her $280 Stiletto Fortuneon Jun 29, 2015
The Amount Of Money Michael Jackson Has Earned In The Last Six Years Is ASTOUNDINGon Jun 29, 2015
Floyd Mayweather Made $100,000 A Month By Simply Parking His Ferrari Enzo In A Garageon Jun 28, 2015
Taylor Swift Just Brought A $730 Billion Company To Its Knees With One Blog Poston Jun 22, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
How Fred DeLuca Turned A $1,000 Loan Into A $2.6 Billion Subway Sandwich Fortune (And Why The Company Is Struggling Today)on Jun 23, 2015
One Of A Kind Maserati Could Sell For $4 Millionon Jun 24, 2015
Robert Downey Jr Earnings
Click to Expand
- The Avengers$50,000,000once box-office bonuses and backend compensation are factored in
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows$15,000,000
- Due Date$12,000,000
- Iron Man 2$10,000,000
- Sherlock Holmes$9,000,000
- Iron Man$500,000
- Game 6$100/day
- Danger Zone$500,000
- Richard III$50,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- This Week In Celebrity Car News (June 22 - 29)This week celebrities have bought, wrecked, given away, been attacked in, and smashed their cars so let's take a closer look.
- The Fascinating Life Of Jimmy Choo Founder Tamara Mellon And Her $280 Stiletto FortuneAfter leaving rehab, Tamara Mellon took a loan from her parents and launched a shoe line called Jimmy Choo. Today she is one of the richest women in Britain.
- Meet Wang Sicong: The Breast-Obsessed Controversial Son Of China's Richest ManWang Jianlin, the richest man in China, has only one child, Wang Sicong. The younger Wang is a very controversial, slightly breast-obsessed media figure in China. Find out why he picks fights...
- The Amount Of Money Michael Jackson Has Earned In The Last Six Years Is ASTOUNDINGThe King of Pop's estate has reportedly generated almost $2 billion since his death in 2009, making his three children worth more than he ever was.