Ricardo Montalban Net Worth: Ricardo Montalban was a Mexican radio, television, theater and film actor who has a net worth of $10 million. Born Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino (November 25, 1920– January 14, 2009) in Mexico City, Mexico, he made a name for the variety of roles that he played either as a lead or supporting actor. As diverse as they were memorable, Montalban used each turn to showcase his blessings, i.e., innate acting talents, rich/sonorous voice and handsome looks. He first started to work within the studio system in the 1940s, after which he entered the big screen as a Latin Lover in movies like "Fiesta" (1947). Soon, he also started to appear as a Native-American in such features as "Across the Wide Missouri" (1951) or an Asian, as in "Sayonara" (1957). Already adored by audiences, a Tony-nominated appearance on Broadway opposite Lena Horne in the 1957 production of "Jamaica" won him the respect of his colleagues. Even though, he still didn't got the leading roles he sought. In the 1960s, Montalban kept himself busy with dozens of guest turns on TV programs like "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (NBC, 1964-68), "The Wild, Wild West" (CBS, 1965-69) and most notably, in an episode of "Star Trek" (NBC, 1966-69). Finally, the experienced thespian became a household name as the enigmatic Mr. Roarke, hosting "Fantasy Island" (ABC, 1977-1984). Montalban's fame reached its peak as he reprized the role of Captain Kirk's titular nemesis in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" (1982) and continued to work ceaselessly on various TV shows and films. Fully dedicated to the end, he even performed from a wheelchair in the action movie "Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams" (2002), after being paralyzed from the waist down. Ricardo Montalban will be forever remembered as an actor who had won the loyalty of his contemporaries, as well as generations of fans.
Ricardo Montalban Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Ricardo Montalbán against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 25, 1920 - Jan 14, 2009 (88 years old)
Actor, Spokesperson, Voice Actor
6 ft (1.83 m)
Hispanic and Latino Americans
Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino, Ricardo Montalban, Ricardo Gonzálo Pedro Montalbán Merino, Ricardo Montalvan
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
How Much Did the Clintons Make From Paid Speeches in 2015?on May 23, 2016
Donald Trump May Not Be Worth $10 Billion, But He's Still Very Richon May 22, 2016
Cayman Islands Are the Third-Biggest Foreign Owner of US Debton May 24, 2016
El Chapo's United States Extradition Approved By Mexicoon May 24, 2016
Marvel Studios Hits $10 Billion Box Office Milestoneon May 23, 2016
Donald Trump Brags About His Billions, But Downplays Worth to Tax Collectorson May 24, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- French Billionaire To Open Tuition-Free School In Silicon Valley… You Won't Believe How He Made His Money!Xavier Niel is a French high school dropout who made his $8.1 billion fortune in technology. Now, he's bringing his unconventional software engineering school to Silicon Valley. The school, called 42, will train future computer programmers for free.
- The Billionaires Banding Together To Bid On Ailing Yahoo!Yahoo has been on shaky ground for some time. Now it appears that the pioneering Internet search engine is putting itself on the market and an unlikely pair of billionaires has teamed up to pursue a possible purchase.
- Jimmy Kimmel Renews Contract with ABC for Another Three YearsABC renews Jimmy Kimmel, currently television's longest-running late night host, for another three years. Kimmel's currently makes $10 million a year, and could stand to earn more as his contract continues.
- David Hasselhoff Claims He Is BROKE. His Wife Begs To Differ...In court documents, David Hasselhoff claims that he has less than $4,000 to his name. His ex-wife paints a VERY different picture.