Ricardo Montalban Net Worth: Ricardo Montalban was a Mexican radio, television, theater and film actor who has a net worth of $10 million. Born Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino (November 25, 1920– January 14, 2009) in Mexico City, Mexico, he made a name for the variety of roles that he played either as a lead or supporting actor. As diverse as they were memorable, Montalban used each turn to showcase his blessings, i.e., innate acting talents, rich/sonorous voice and handsome looks. He first started to work within the studio system in the 1940s, after which he entered the big screen as a Latin Lover in movies like "Fiesta" (1947). Soon, he also started to appear as a Native-American in such features as "Across the Wide Missouri" (1951) or an Asian, as in "Sayonara" (1957). Already adored by audiences, a Tony-nominated appearance on Broadway opposite Lena Horne in the 1957 production of "Jamaica" won him the respect of his colleagues. Even though, he still didn't got the leading roles he sought. In the 1960s, Montalban kept himself busy with dozens of guest turns on TV programs like "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (NBC, 1964-68), "The Wild, Wild West" (CBS, 1965-69) and most notably, in an episode of "Star Trek" (NBC, 1966-69). Finally, the experienced thespian became a household name as the enigmatic Mr. Roarke, hosting "Fantasy Island" (ABC, 1977-1984). Montalban's fame reached its peak as he reprized the role of Captain Kirk's titular nemesis in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" (1982) and continued to work ceaselessly on various TV shows and films. Fully dedicated to the end, he even performed from a wheelchair in the action movie "Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams" (2002), after being paralyzed from the waist down. Ricardo Montalban will be forever remembered as an actor who had won the loyalty of his contemporaries, as well as generations of fans.
Ricardo Montalban Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Ricardo Montalbán against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 25, 1920 - Jan 14, 2009 (88 years old)
Actor, Spokesperson, Voice Actor
6 ft (1.83 m)
Hispanic and Latino Americans
Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino, Ricardo Montalban, Ricardo Gonzálo Pedro Montalbán Merino, Ricardo Montalvan
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
The Owners Of The Golden State Warriors Have Seen An Incredible Return On Their Initial $450 Million Investmenton Apr 26, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
The Time A Professional Gambler Turned $50 Into $40 MILLION... And Eventually Ended Up Brokeon Apr 26, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Manny Pacquiao's Final Fight Was Such A Dud, It's Going To LOSE Moneyon Apr 27, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna Could Rake In Over A Million For TV Wedding Specialon Apr 28, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Billionaire Didn't Notice For Years That Her $1M Picasso Painting Was Stolenon Apr 28, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.
- Convicted Murderer Phil Spector Files For Divorce From Jail—Claims Wife Is Burning His $35m FortuneBehind bars and broke? Musician and convicted murdered Phil Spector is calling it quits with his third wife -- the con says she's going wild and killing his bank account.
- Premier League Reports Record-High Revenue For 2014-15 Season But Makes Less MoneyThanks to the latest television contracts, the Premier League generated a record amount of revenue during the 2014-15 season. However, while revenue hit new heights, pretax profit dropped significantly from the year before.