In addition to being one of the most beloved actors ever, the late, great Peter Falk had an estimated net worth of approximately $14 million before his death earlier in 2011. And he certainly wasn't beloved for his net worth. Rather, he had a great screen presence and a mountain of talent to thank for his enduring popularity. His career as an actor began in the theater, making his Broadway debut in a 1956 production of the play Diary of a Scoundrel. He had a generous amount of success on the stage, but he was advised not to expect a thriving career in film because of his now famous glass eye. Falk managed to nab several film roles, though, including a breakout performance in the gangster movie Murder, Inc. From there, Falk defied the naysayers by being cast in the legendary director Frank Capra's final film Pocketful of Miracles. Falk continued to work in small parts in TV and movies until 1968, when he first appeared in what would become his most famous role: Detective Columbo. Falk's portrayal of the ostensibly absent-minded, slovenly police detective went on to appear in a TV series that was also immensely popular. After Columbo, Falk appeared in very artistic films from directors like Wim Wenders and John Cassavetes. He passed away in June, 2011.
Peter Falk Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Sep 16, 1927 - Jun 23, 2011 (83 years old)
Actor, Television producer, Artist, Certified Public Accountant, Visual Artist
United States of America
5 ft 5 in (1.676 m)
Peter Michael Falk, Peter Faulk
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
The Owners Of The Golden State Warriors Have Seen An Incredible Return On Their Initial $450 Million Investmenton Apr 26, 2016
The Time A Professional Gambler Turned $50 Into $40 MILLION... And Eventually Ended Up Brokeon Apr 26, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna Could Rake In Over A Million For TV Wedding Specialon Apr 28, 2016
Manny Pacquiao's Final Fight Was Such A Dud, It's Going To LOSE Moneyon Apr 27, 2016
Renting A House To Prince Was An Interesting Experience. Just Ask Carlos Boozer...on Apr 27, 2016
Peter Falk Earnings
- Columbo: Murder by the Book (#1.1)$350,000/episode
- Wind Across the Everglades$300/week
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- An Innapropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL DraftYesterday, NFL draftee Laremy Tunsil learned the hard way that an inappropriate tweet can cost you A TON of money.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.
- Billionaire Didn't Notice For Years That Her $1M Picasso Painting Was StolenYou know you're seriously rich when a million-dollar painting can be stolen from your home, and it takes you many years to notice that it's gone.