Mel Gibson net worth: Mel Gibson is an Australian/American actor, screenwriter, director, producer and investor who has a net worth of $425 million. Mel Gibson grew up in Peekskill, New York, and moved with his family to Australia at the age of twelve. He was educated by the Christian Brothers and attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Sydney, working on stage before transitioning into the Australian film scene. Gibson's first major roles were in the Mad Max series. He earned his first $1 million paycheck from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. His first American film was the 1984 drama The River. He then appeared in 1987's Lethal Weapon, which placed him squarely on the Hollywood A-list. Notable films for Gibson include Braveheart—for which he won two Academy Awards, including Best Picture—Ransom, Conspiracy Theory, The Patriot, What Women Want, and Signs. Gibson directed his first film, The Man Without a Face, in 1993, and went on to win the Oscar for Best Director with Braveheart. He directed The Passion of the Christ in 2004 and Apocalypto in 2006. Gibson married Robin Moore in 1980 and the couple had seven children before divorcing in 2009. Gibson has a daughter with his former girlfriend, Russian musician Oksana Grigorieva.
Mel Gibson Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jan 3, 1956 (60 years old)
Actor, Screenwriter, Film director, Film Producer, Television producer, Television Director, Voice Actor
United States of America
5 ft 9 in (1.77 m)
Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson, Mel Colm-Cille Gerard Gibson, Mel Colm-Cille Gerard Gibson AO
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting Conditionon Jun 29, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Mel Gibson Earnings
Click to Expand
- We Were Soldiers$25,000,000
- The Patriot$25,000,000
- Chicken Run$1,550,000
- Lethal Weapon 4$25,000,000
- Conspiracy Theory$20,000,000
- Lethal Weapon 3$10,000,000
- Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome$1,200,000
- The River$500,000
- Attack Force Z$918/week
- Mad Max$15,000
- Summer City$400
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Brexit Causes Economic Upheaval: World's Richest People To Lose BillionsBrexit has seriously shaken the world markets... and has caused the world's richest people to lose billions in the process.
- Drake Is Worth An Estimated $3 Billion To His Hometown Of TorontoFind out why Drake is worth $3 billion to his hometown of Toronto!
- Jose Reyes Is Getting A Ton Of Money Just For Being Released By The RockiesAfter a domestic abuse case was brought against him, the Colorado Rockies tried to trade infielder Jose Reyes. They couldn't find any takers, though, and now they owe him a ton of money.
- The World's Third-Youngest Billionaire Is Rich Thanks To Fish FarmingOne of the world's youngest billionaires obtained his fortune thanks to his father's fishing company. So who exactly is Gustav Magnar Witzoe?