Mary Tyler Moore Net Worth: Mary Tyler Moore is an American actress who has a net worth of $60 million dollars. Born December 29, 1936, in Brooklyn Heights, New York City, New York, Mary Tyler Moore is best known for her roles in the television sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-77) and an earlier role as Laura Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961-66). Moore also appeared in a number of films, most notably 1967's Thoroughly Modern Millie and 1980's Ordinary People, in which she played a role very different from the television characters she had portrayed, and for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress. At the age of 17, Moore aspired to be a dancer and started her career as Happy Hotpoint, a tiny elf dancing on Hotpoint appliances in TV commercials during the '50s series Ozzie and Harriet. She appeared in 39 TV commercials in five days, ultimately earning about $6,000 from her first job. Her time as Happy Hotpoint ended when it became difficult to conceal her pregnancy in the dancing elf costume. Moore modeled anonymously on the covers of a number of record albums and auditioned for the role of the older daughter of Danny Thomas for his long-running TV show, but was turned down. Much later, Thomas explained that "no daughter of mine could have that [little] nose." Moore has been active in charity work and various political causes, particularly the issues of animal rights and Diabetes mellitus type 1. Moore herself was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes early in the run of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and also dealt with alcoholism, which she was treated for in the '80s. In May 2011, she underwent elective brain surgery to remove a benign meningioma.
Mary Tyler Moore Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Mary Tyler Moore
Date of Birth
Dec 29, 1936
Actor, Voice Actor, Film Producer, Musician, Activist, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Mary Moore, Queen of Brooklyn
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
Real Estate Tycoon Leaves $20 Million To Daughters, But There's A Catch! Actually Several Catches...on Jul 31, 2015
Top 10 Most Expensive Stadiums In The Worldon Jul 31, 2015
How New Clippers Forward Josh Smith Just Became The Most Despised Man In The NBAon Jul 28, 2015
Fly The Friendly And Luxurious Skies Around The World In The Four Seasons' New Private Jeton Jul 31, 2015
The Incredible Story Of How Young Jeezy Ended Up Bringing $2 Million In Cash To A Photoshooton Jul 29, 2015
Forget Winning A Tour Of A Chocolate Factory. This $1500 Golden Ticket Could Eventually Be Worth BILLIONS...on Jul 30, 2015
NBA Rookie Makes Big Gamble On Himself... Ends Up With Huge Paydayon Jul 31, 2015
DraftKings Just Raised $300 Million. Here's How It Will Change The Way You Watch Sportson Jul 30, 2015
In 1987, Junk Bond King Michael Milken Earned $550 Million. Two Years Later He Was In Jail. This Is His Crazy Life Story...on Jul 30, 2015
Mary Tyler Moore Earnings
- The Dick Van Dyke Show$450/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- 10 Billionaires And Millionaires Who Became PoliticiansThe 10 billionaires and millionaires on this list had business success and financial success, yet they still wanted more. They wanted to influence their country. Many want – or wanted – to run their country.
- What Is New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Still Fighting For?NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decided to uphold Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his role in the whole Deflate-Gate mess. So what does it all mean and what happens next...
- Russell Wilson Just Turned Down $21 Million A Year From The Seahawks… Is He Crazy?Russell Wilson was offered a contract more than 1,250% higher than his current deal, but he turned it down. Is he crazy or crazy smart?
- Instead Of Earning Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars, The Co-Founder Of Domino's Pizza Made One Huge Mistake...It all started back in 1960, when two brothers in Michigan purchased a pizza restaurant called DomiNick's. Less than a year later, James Monaghan sold his share to his brother Tom. This is the story of that fateful deal.