Mary Tyler Moore Net Worth: Mary Tyler Moore is an American actress who has a net worth of $60 million dollars. Born December 29, 1936, in Brooklyn Heights, New York City, New York, Mary Tyler Moore is best known for her roles in the television sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-77) and an earlier role as Laura Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961-66). Moore also appeared in a number of films, most notably 1967's Thoroughly Modern Millie and 1980's Ordinary People, in which she played a role very different from the television characters she had portrayed, and for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress. At the age of 17, Moore aspired to be a dancer and started her career as Happy Hotpoint, a tiny elf dancing on Hotpoint appliances in TV commercials during the '50s series Ozzie and Harriet. She appeared in 39 TV commercials in five days, ultimately earning about $6,000 from her first job. Her time as Happy Hotpoint ended when it became difficult to conceal her pregnancy in the dancing elf costume. Moore modeled anonymously on the covers of a number of record albums and auditioned for the role of the older daughter of Danny Thomas for his long-running TV show, but was turned down. Much later, Thomas explained that "no daughter of mine could have that [little] nose." Moore has been active in charity work and various political causes, particularly the issues of animal rights and Diabetes mellitus type 1. Moore herself was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes early in the run of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and also dealt with alcoholism, which she was treated for in the '80s. In May 2011, she underwent elective brain surgery to remove a benign meningioma.
Mary Tyler Moore Net Worth
Mary Tyler Moore
Date of Birth
Dec 29, 1936 (79 years old)
Actor, Voice Actor, Film Producer, Musician, Activist, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Mary Moore, Queen of Brooklyn
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Elon Musk Wants Tesla To Buy SolarCity For $2.8 Billionon Jun 23, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
2016's Highest-Paid Female Athleteson Jun 22, 2016
America's Richest Self-Made Woman Guided Her Company To Huge Success After The Sudden Loss Of Her Husbandon Jun 23, 2016
The S-110 Evo Venta Black Is The "World's Blackest Watch," And It Costs $95,000on Jun 23, 2016
Mary Tyler Moore Earnings
- The Dick Van Dyke Show$450/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.
- The Largest Putting Tournament Ever Is Happening In Vegas Next Year, And You Could Go!With millions of dollars in prizes and options for everyone, it will be worth a trip to Vegas next year for the largest putting tournament in history. Do you think you have what it takes?