Mary Tyler Moore Net Worth: Mary Tyler Moore is an American actress who has a net worth of $60 million dollars. Born December 29, 1936, in Brooklyn Heights, New York City, New York, Mary Tyler Moore is best known for her roles in the television sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-77) and an earlier role as Laura Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961-66). Moore also appeared in a number of films, most notably 1967's Thoroughly Modern Millie and 1980's Ordinary People, in which she played a role very different from the television characters she had portrayed, and for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress. At the age of 17, Moore aspired to be a dancer and started her career as Happy Hotpoint, a tiny elf dancing on Hotpoint appliances in TV commercials during the '50s series Ozzie and Harriet. She appeared in 39 TV commercials in five days, ultimately earning about $6,000 from her first job. Her time as Happy Hotpoint ended when it became difficult to conceal her pregnancy in the dancing elf costume. Moore modeled anonymously on the covers of a number of record albums and auditioned for the role of the older daughter of Danny Thomas for his long-running TV show, but was turned down. Much later, Thomas explained that "no daughter of mine could have that [little] nose." Moore has been active in charity work and various political causes, particularly the issues of animal rights and Diabetes mellitus type 1. Moore herself was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes early in the run of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and also dealt with alcoholism, which she was treated for in the '80s. In May 2011, she underwent elective brain surgery to remove a benign meningioma.
Mary Tyler Moore Net Worth
Mary Tyler Moore
Date of Birth
Dec 29, 1936 (79 years old)
Actor, Voice Actor, Film Producer, Musician, Activist, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Mary Moore, Queen of Brooklyn
The Richest Person In America's 50 Largest Citieson May 29, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and Accessorieson May 28, 2016
How Did 27 Giant Companies Make Billions in Profits Without Paying ANY Income Taxes?on May 29, 2016
Nick Denton May Be Forced To Sell Gawker To Pay Legal Judgmentson May 29, 2016
Kim Kardashian's Stylist Makes An Insane Amount Of Money Every Yearon May 27, 2016
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Takes Home an Extra $14 Millionon May 29, 2016
Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against Gawkeron May 28, 2016
New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence Dealingson May 28, 2016
Mary Tyler Moore Earnings
- The Dick Van Dyke Show$450/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil IndependenceJohn Catsimatidis built a $2.3 billion fortune from one $10,000 grocery store. If he can end the U.S. dependency on Saudi Arabian oil, he will have cemented his legacy for generations to come.
- Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading CasePhil Mickelson narrowly escaped criminal charges from insider trading allegations made by the SEC, but still owes over $1 million in fines.
- Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!Mark Cuban is surprisingly open to the idea of running for vice-president ... for either Trump or Clinton.
- Family Of Late Baseball Superstar Tony Gwynn Suing Tobacco Giant, Altria GroupThe family of late San Diego baseball star Tony Gwynn blames tobacco industry for his death and files lawsuit against Altria Group.