Marlon Brando net worth: Marlon Brando was an American actor, film director and activist who had a net worth of $100 million dollars. Born in Omaha, Nebraska, Marlon Brando grew up in an unconventional family, and always had a knack for mimicry. After being expelled from one school for unruly behavior, his father sent him to a military academy, where he was successful academically and socially, but was again expelled for unruly behavior. He followed his older sister to New York, and with his father's blessing, began studying acting with Stella Adler. He was almost instantly successful on Broadway, appearing in five productions back-to-back, including the original production of "A Streetcar Named Desire". Hollywood came calling and for the next 20 years, he would appear in a string of successful films, winning raves and two Oscars, two Golden Globes, and three BAFTAs, among a host of nominations. His later career slowed, as he gained a reputation for being difficult on set, but even after his passing in 2004, his estate still earns approximately $9 million per year.
Marlon Brando Net Worth
Date of Birth
Apr 3, 1924 - Jul 1, 2004 (80 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Marlon Brando, Jr., Bud, Mr. Mumbles, Marlon Brando Jr.
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Spent $3.5 Million To Lock Down The 2017 Bugatti Chironon Feb 1, 2016
David Bowie's Will Revealed – Here's Who Inherits His $230 Million Estateon Feb 2, 2016
The President's Million Dollar Buson Feb 5, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!on Feb 5, 2016
Marlon Brando Earnings
Click to Expand
- The Missouri Breaks$1,000,000plus 11% of gross greater than $8.85m
- Last Tango in Paris$250,00010% of profit
- The Godfather$250,000plus % of gross
- The Chase$750,000plus $130k fee to his production company
- The Score$3,000,000
- Christopher Columbus: The Discovery$5,000,000
- A Dry White Season$3,300,000plus 11.3% of gross and required MGM to donate similar amount to an anti-apartheid group
- The Formula$2,700,000
- Apocalypse Now$3,500,000
- The Night of the Following Day$50,000
- Reflections in a Golden Eye$750,00010% of profit
- Mutiny on the Bounty$1,000,000In 1962 dollars
- Sayonara$300,000in 1957 dollars
- Guys and Dolls$200,000in 1955 dollars
- On the Waterfront$100,000in 1954 dollars
- Viva Zapata!$100,000in 1952 dollars
- A Streetcar Named Desire$75,000in 1951 dollars
- The Men$50,000in 1950 dollars
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 MillionJohn Legend and Chrissy Teigen have a baby on the way and they must have felt the need to have a little more space, so they bought an 8,520 square foot mansion formerly owned by Rihanna, for $14.1 million.
- Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?Cam Newton and Peyton Manning have taken vastly different paths to reach Super Bowl 50. Which one of them has made more money over his career?
- You'll Never Guess How Much Revenue The Original Arcade Version Of NBA Jams GeneratedWhen it comes to sports oriented arcade games, it doesn't get much better than the original NBA Jam which came out back in 1993. Within a year, it ended up generating an incredible amount in revenue one quarter at a time.
- Billionaire Roundup: Trump Is Subject Of Erotic Novel; Sheldon Adelson Tightens The Reigns And More Billionaire ShenanigansThere is an erotic novel about Donald Trump and it is a huge hit on Amazon. Find out about this and other billionaire shenanigans in this week's Billionaire Roundup.