Marlon Brando net worth: Marlon Brando was an American actor, film director and activist who had a net worth of $100 million dollars. Born in Omaha, Nebraska, Marlon Brando grew up in an unconventional family, and always had a knack for mimicry. After being expelled from one school for unruly behavior, his father sent him to a military academy, where he was successful academically and socially, but was again expelled for unruly behavior. He followed his older sister to New York, and with his father's blessing, began studying acting with Stella Adler. He was almost instantly successful on Broadway, appearing in five productions back-to-back, including the original production of "A Streetcar Named Desire". Hollywood came calling and for the next 20 years, he would appear in a string of successful films, winning raves and two Oscars, two Golden Globes, and three BAFTAs, among a host of nominations. His later career slowed, as he gained a reputation for being difficult on set, but even after his passing in 2004, his estate still earns approximately $9 million per year.
Marlon Brando Net Worth
Date of Birth
Apr 3, 1924 - Jul 1, 2004 (80 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Marlon Brando, Jr., Bud, Mr. Mumbles, Marlon Brando Jr.
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy Americanson May 26, 2016
Shaquille O'Neal Makes Big Entrance Into The Auto Insurance Industryon May 25, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?on May 25, 2016
Marlon Brando Earnings
Click to Expand
- The Missouri Breaks$1,000,000plus 11% of gross greater than $8.85m
- Last Tango in Paris$250,00010% of profit
- The Godfather$250,000plus % of gross
- The Chase$750,000plus $130k fee to his production company
- The Score$3,000,000
- Christopher Columbus: The Discovery$5,000,000
- A Dry White Season$3,300,000plus 11.3% of gross and required MGM to donate similar amount to an anti-apartheid group
- The Formula$2,700,000
- Apocalypse Now$3,500,000
- The Night of the Following Day$50,000
- Reflections in a Golden Eye$750,00010% of profit
- Mutiny on the Bounty$1,000,000In 1962 dollars
- Sayonara$300,000in 1957 dollars
- Guys and Dolls$200,000in 1955 dollars
- On the Waterfront$100,000in 1954 dollars
- Viva Zapata!$100,000in 1952 dollars
- A Streetcar Named Desire$75,000in 1951 dollars
- The Men$50,000in 1950 dollars
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON OF MoneyIt all came down to a single vote. And that single vote would have made Anthony Davis $24 million richer.
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.
- British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube StreamingHow did British artists make more money off of vinyl sales than from YouTube streaming?
- The Atlanta Falcons' New Stadium Will Offer Very Cheap Concessions - Thanks Arthur Blank!Eating overpriced concessions is one of the most fundamental traditions in American sports, but fans at the upcoming new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta will have the option not to participate.