Marlon Brando net worth: Marlon Brando was an American actor, film director and activist who had a net worth of $100 million dollars. Born in Omaha, Nebraska, Marlon Brando grew up in an unconventional family, and always had a knack for mimicry. After being expelled from one school for unruly behavior, his father sent him to a military academy, where he was successful academically and socially, but was again expelled for unruly behavior. He followed his older sister to New York, and with his father's blessing, began studying acting with Stella Adler. He was almost instantly successful on Broadway, appearing in five productions back-to-back, including the original production of "A Streetcar Named Desire". Hollywood came calling and for the next 20 years, he would appear in a string of successful films, winning raves and two Oscars, two Golden Globes, and three BAFTAs, among a host of nominations. His later career slowed, as he gained a reputation for being difficult on set, but even after his passing in 2004, his estate still earns approximately $9 million per year.
Marlon Brando Net Worth
Date of Birth
Apr 3, 1924 - Jul 1, 2004 (80 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Marlon Brando, Jr., Bud, Mr. Mumbles, Marlon Brando Jr.
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism Chargeson Jun 26, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home Countryon Jun 26, 2016
Marlon Brando Earnings
Click to Expand
- The Missouri Breaks$1,000,000plus 11% of gross greater than $8.85m
- Last Tango in Paris$250,00010% of profit
- The Godfather$250,000plus % of gross
- The Chase$750,000plus $130k fee to his production company
- The Score$3,000,000
- Christopher Columbus: The Discovery$5,000,000
- A Dry White Season$3,300,000plus 11.3% of gross and required MGM to donate similar amount to an anti-apartheid group
- The Formula$2,700,000
- Apocalypse Now$3,500,000
- The Night of the Following Day$50,000
- Reflections in a Golden Eye$750,00010% of profit
- Mutiny on the Bounty$1,000,000In 1962 dollars
- Sayonara$300,000in 1957 dollars
- Guys and Dolls$200,000in 1955 dollars
- On the Waterfront$100,000in 1954 dollars
- Viva Zapata!$100,000in 1952 dollars
- A Streetcar Named Desire$75,000in 1951 dollars
- The Men$50,000in 1950 dollars
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With CarCrosby was driving near his home in Santa Ynez Valley when he struck Jose Luquin, who was jogging on the side of the road with his son. He has agreed to pay $3.0 million in damages to settle the suit.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling RingHollywood is possibly being targeted by another Bling Ring. Is it someone from the Kardashian's inner circle?
- Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National TeamLeo Messi showed why he's arguably the best player in the world against the U.S. Men's National Team. His wallet backs up that claim, too.