Liz Taylor Net Worth: Liz Taylor was a British-American actress who had a net worth of $600 million dollars at the time of her death. Born Elizabeth Rosemond "Liz" Taylor on February 27, 1932 in Hampstead Garden Suburb, United Kingdom, she is considered one of the greatest screen actresses of Hollywood's "Golden Age". Elizabeth Taylor (aka Dame Elizabeth Taylor) was one of the world's most famous film stars, recognized for her acting ability and for her glamorous lifestyle, beauty, lavish jewels and distinctive dark blue eyes, often described as violet. National Velvet (1944) was Taylor's first success (as a child star), and she went on to star in Father of the Bride (1950), A Place in the Sun (1951), Giant (1956), Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958), Suddenly, Last Summer (1959) and others. She won the Academy Award for Best Actress for BUtterfield 8 (1960), played the title role in Cleopatra (1963) and married her costar Richard Burton. Taylor and Burton appeared together in 11 films, including Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966), for which Taylor won a second Academy Award. Starting in the mid-1970s, she appeared less frequently in film, and made only occasional appearances in television and theatre. Her much-publicized personal life included eight marriages and several life-threatening illnesses. From the mid-1980s, Taylor championed HIV and AIDS programs; she co-founded the American Foundation for AIDS Research in 1985 and the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation in 1993. She received the Presidential Citizens Medal, the Legion of Honour, the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award and a Life Achievement Award from the American Film Institute, who named her seventh on their list of the "Greatest American Screen Legends". Elizabeth Taylor was married eight times to seven husbands (married twice to actor Richard Burton). Her other six husbands were: Conrad "Nicky Hilton, Michael Wilding, Mike Todd, Eddie Fisher (whom she controversially stole from his then wife actress Debbie Reynolds), John Warner and Larry Fortensky. Taylor had a long-running and extremely close friendship with the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Taylor died of congestive heart failure in March 2011 at the age of 79, having suffered many years of ill health.
Liz Taylor Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 27, 1932 - Mar 23, 2011 (79 years old)
Actor, Film Producer
United States of America
5 ft 2 in (1.6 m)
Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor, Liz Taylor, Dame Elizabeth Taylor, Elisheba Rachel, Kitten, Dame Elizabeth Rosemond "Liz" Taylor, Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor, "One-Shot Liz", Dame Elizabeth Rosemond "Liz" Taylor, DBE, Liz
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
Liz Taylor Earnings
Click to Expand
- The Flintstones$2,500,000
- Poker Alice$500,000
- North and South$200,000
- Malice in Wonderland$1,000,000
- The Mirror Crack'd$250,000
- Winter Kills$100,000
- The Only Game in Town$1,250,000
- Secret Ceremony$1,000,000
- The Comedians$500,000
- The Taming of the Shrew50% of gross
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?$1,100,00010% of gross
- The Sandpiper$1,000,000
- Elizabeth Taylor in London$387,500
- Cleopatra$1,000,00010% of gross
- BUtterfield 8$150,000
- Suddenly, Last Summer$500,000
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof$4,750/week
- A Place in the Sun$1,500/week
- Courage of Lassie$750/week
- Lassie Come Home$100/week
- There's One Born Every Minute$200/week
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.