LeVar Burton net worth: LeVar Burton is an American actor, author, director, producer, and presenter who has a net worth of $6 million. LeVar Burton was born in Landstuhl, West Germany in February 1957. He was born on a military base in West Germany while his father was a photographer for the U.S. Army Signal Corps. Burton graduated from the University of Southern California's School of Theatre. Burton's acting debut was in 1977 as he played the role of Kunta Kinte on the popular ABC drama series Roots. This was also his first professional acting audition. For his performance LeVar was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Burton is well known for his time on the PBS program Reading Rainbow. He hosted and executive produced the show starting in 1983. The show was on the air for 23 seasons and ended up winning more than 2000 awards including 26 Emmys. In May of 2014 Burton and others started a campaign to get Reading Rainbow back on the air. Burton is also known for his role of Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation. He has directed episodes of Star Trek, Charmed, JAG, Las Vegas, and more. He also serves on the board of directors for AIDS Research Alliance.
LeVar Burton Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 16, 1957 (59 years old)
Actor, Television Director, Author, Presenter, Television producer, Voice Actor, Film director
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Levardis Robert Martyn Burton, Jr., Levar Burton, Levardis Robert Martyn Burton Jr.
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
El Chapo's United States Extradition Approved By Mexicoon May 24, 2016
How Much Did the Clintons Make From Paid Speeches in 2015?on May 23, 2016
Donald Trump Brags About His Billions, But Downplays Worth to Tax Collectorson May 24, 2016
Cayman Islands Are the Third-Biggest Foreign Owner of US Debton May 24, 2016
Donald Trump May Not Be Worth $10 Billion, But He's Still Very Richon May 22, 2016
David Hasselhoff Claims He Is BROKE. His Wife Begs To Differ...on May 20, 2016
LeVar Burton Earnings
- Star Trek: The Next Generation$100,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Alanis Morissette Sues Business ManagerAlanis Morissette has fired her manager, Jonathan Schwartz, and is suing him for upwards of $15 million. Morissette claims Schwartz has been stealing millions from her accounts without her knowledge or consent.
- China Tops Panama Papers List of People And Companies Hiding Money In Offshore AccountsThe Panama Papers leak reveals that China tops the list of people and companies with the most secret offshore bank accounts in the world. Government censors are working to scrub any mention of the leak in media reports and on the Internet.
- A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty SumMaster P is going to have to fork over some money to his ex-wife Sonya Miller – here's why...
- How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?Obviously, the Celebrity Net Worth staff spends a lot of time talking and writing about billionaires. In that spirit, I recently wondered how long it would take the average person making the average salary to amass the multi-billion dollar fortune of the richest person in their country?