LeVar Burton net worth: LeVar Burton is an American actor, author, director, producer, and presenter who has a net worth of $6 million. LeVar Burton was born in Landstuhl, West Germany in February 1957. He was born on a military base in West Germany while his father was a photographer for the U.S. Army Signal Corps. Burton graduated from the University of Southern California's School of Theatre. Burton's acting debut was in 1977 as he played the role of Kunta Kinte on the popular ABC drama series Roots. This was also his first professional acting audition. For his performance LeVar was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Burton is well known for his time on the PBS program Reading Rainbow. He hosted and executive produced the show starting in 1983. The show was on the air for 23 seasons and ended up winning more than 2000 awards including 26 Emmys. In May of 2014 Burton and others started a campaign to get Reading Rainbow back on the air. Burton is also known for his role of Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation. He has directed episodes of Star Trek, Charmed, JAG, Las Vegas, and more. He also serves on the board of directors for AIDS Research Alliance.
LeVar Burton Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 16, 1957 (59 years old)
Actor, Television Director, Author, Presenter, Television producer, Voice Actor, Film director
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Levardis Robert Martyn Burton, Jr., Levar Burton, Levardis Robert Martyn Burton Jr.
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With Caron Jun 27, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into Franchiseeson Jun 27, 2016
LeVar Burton Earnings
- Star Trek: The Next Generation$100,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To BillionsAfter the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union, stock markets around the world tanked. Which billionaires lost the most and which ones profited?
- Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15If July 15th rolls around and the Broncos haven't offered Miller enough cash, they will likely lose their superstar linebacker forever.
- Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 MillionAccording to the SEC, Ash Narayan fraudulently invested over $30 million of the athletes' money in The Ticket Reserve, a failing online ticketing platform.
- Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found DeadAfter being charged last week with making $25 million off of insider trading bets, 44-year-old hedge fund manager Sanjay Valvani was found dead from an apparent suicide.