LeVar Burton net worth: LeVar Burton is an American actor, author, director, producer, and presenter who has a net worth of $6 million. LeVar Burton was born in Landstuhl, West Germany in February 1957. He was born on a military base in West Germany while his father was a photographer for the U.S. Army Signal Corps. Burton graduated from the University of Southern California's School of Theatre. Burton's acting debut was in 1977 as he played the role of Kunta Kinte on the popular ABC drama series Roots. This was also his first professional acting audition. For his performance LeVar was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Burton is well known for his time on the PBS program Reading Rainbow. He hosted and executive produced the show starting in 1983. The show was on the air for 23 seasons and ended up winning more than 2000 awards including 26 Emmys. In May of 2014 Burton and others started a campaign to get Reading Rainbow back on the air. Burton is also known for his role of Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation. He has directed episodes of Star Trek, Charmed, JAG, Las Vegas, and more. He also serves on the board of directors for AIDS Research Alliance.
LeVar Burton Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 16, 1957
Actor, Television Director, Author, Presenter, Television producer, Voice Actor, Film director
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Levardis Robert Martyn Burton, Jr., Levar Burton, Levardis Robert Martyn Burton Jr.
Does Ronda Rousey Really Make More Than Floyd Mayweather Per Second?on Aug 31, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
'Minecraft' Creator Claims Becoming A Billionaire Made Him Feel "Isolated"on Aug 31, 2015
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Jerry Seinfeld Turned Down Huge, Unprecedented NBC Offer For 10th Seasonon Aug 31, 2015
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
Former NFL Running Back Clinton Portis Has Not Had Good Fortune With His Moneyon Aug 31, 2015
Weekend Box Office Review For August 28th-August 30thon Sep 1, 2015
5 Reality Show Concepts That Failed Horriblyon Aug 30, 2015
LeVar Burton Earnings
- Star Trek: The Next Generation$100,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- These Former Kentucky Wildcat Players Are Under Contract For An Impressive $652 MillionIf you are good enough to be recruited by Kentucky's John Calipari, there is a good chance you will head to the NBA and eventually join the Kentucky Multi-Millionaire Man's Club.
- The Fascinating Ups And Downs Behind The Multi-Million Dollar "Happy Birthday" Royalty WarIf "Happy Birthday" becomes public domain, it'll cost the rights holder, Warner Music Group, millions in licensing fees.
- Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?Recently, we learned a single tweet from LeBron James can be worth close to $140,000, but as it turns out, there is one guy whose tweets are worth even more.
- Top 5 Most Costly Natural Disasters In HistoryNatural disasters are uncontrollable and capable of causing astronomical damages. Check out the top 5 most costly disasters of all time!