Jim Carrey net worth: Jim Carrey is a Canadian-American actor, comedian and producer who has a net worth of $150 million. Jim Carrey was born and raised in Ontario, Canada. He got his professional start doing stand-up in Toronto comedy clubs. He later moved to Los Angeles, where Rodney Dangerfield saw him perform at The Comedy Store and signed him as an opening act. Carrey's first taste of stardom came in 1990 on the Wayans brothers' sketch comedy show In Living Color, where he was best known for his role as the masochistic and accident-prone Fire Marshal Bill. Carrey remained on In Living Color until it ended in 1995, but shortly before its cancellation, his major movie debut "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" hit theaters. The movie was a smash hit that made him a household name overnight. The same year, he starred in The Mask and Dumb and Dumber, both of which were box-office hits. For his next film, The Cable Guy, he earned $20 million, setting a salary record among comic actors. Carrey's other notable comedic vehicles include Liar, Liar, Bruce Almighty, Me, Myself, and Irene, and Yes Man, though he has also appeared in a number of dramas and dramedies, including The Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Majestic, Man on the Moon, and the thriller The Number 23. Carrey has been married twice, and recently dated actress Jenny McCarthy but the two have broken up.
Jim Carrey Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jan 17, 1962 (54 years old)
Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter, Film Producer, Voice Actor
6 ft 1 in (1.87 m)
James Eugene Carrey, Tony Clifton, James Carrey, James Eugene "Jim" Carrey, Jim Carey
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!on May 1, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism Accusationson May 1, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
The Top 10 College Majors Of Billionaireson May 2, 2016
The Billionaire Developer Who Changed The Way Southern Californians Shopon May 2, 2016
Jim Carrey Earnings
Click to Expand
- Yes Man36.2% of profit
- Bruce Almighty$25,000,000
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas$20,000,000merchandising
- Me, Myself & Irene$20,000,000
- Man on the Moon$12,000,000
- The Truman Show$12,000,000
- Liar Liar$20,000,000
- The Cable Guy$20,000,000
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls$15,000,000
- Batman Forever$20,000,000
- Dumb & Dumber$7,000,000
- The Mask$540,000
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective$350,000
- In Living Color$25,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net WorthThe world remains shocked at the death of 57-year-old musical icon Prince – a passing that has left his $300 million fortune (a number likely to grow) in limbo. With no will, Prince's family is urging the government to step in.
- Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%As the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign marches on, more and more bizarre things keep happening. Billionaire George Soros has been analyzing China's economy and he notices a troubling pattern, and remember when Sheldon Adelson bought the Las Vegas Review Journal and people started freaking out? Well now one respected columnist has a real reason to worry.
- Original Handwritten "Laws of Base Ball" Sold For $3.26 Million At AuctionThe documents dating back to the 1800s and now known as the "Laws of Base Ball" are now an incredibly valuable historical object, having fetched $3.26 million at auction over the weekend.
- Millionaire Coal Baron Gets One-Year Prison Sentence for Mine Safety ConspiracyThe millionaire former-CEO of a coal mining company was recently sentenced to a one-year prison term and a $250,000 fine after he was found guilty of violating mine safety standards. In 2010, an explosion linked to unsafe working conditions in one of his company's mines killed 29 workers.