Gene Hackman Net Worth: Gene Hackman is an American retired actor and novelist who has a net worth of $80 million. Eugene Allen "Gene" Hackman was born January 30, 1930 in San Bernardino, California. Over his almost 50-year career, he has been nominated for five Academy Awards, winning two, including best actor in The French Connection. In addition, Hackman has won three Golden Globes and two BAFTAs. His performance as Buck Barrow in Bonnie and Clyde launched his career. His other substantial films include Poseidon Adventure (1972); The Conversation (1974); Superman (1978); Hoosiers (1986); Mississippi Burning (1988); Unforgiven (1992); The Firm (1993); Crimson Tide (1995); Get Shorty (1995); The Birdcage (1996); Enemy of the State (1998); The Royal Tenenbaums (2001). At 16 years old, Hackman dropped out of high school and lied about his age in order to enlist in the U.S. Marine Corps. After being discharged in 1951, he worked his way from Illinois to New York, taking on various jobs and studying journalism and TV production as well. He went on to study acting at the Pasadena Playhouse Theatre in the '50s where one of his classmates was Dustin Hoffman. The two became friends and shared the dubious honor of being labeled "least likely to succeed." Back in New York, Hackman landed his first off-Broadway role in Chaparral in 1958. He also became friends with actor Robert Duvall and was roommates with Dustin Hoffman for a time. His big break came after director Robert Rossen cast Hackman in the drama Lilith (1965) with Warren Beatty. Beatty then helped Hackman land a supporting role in the film Bonnie and Clyde (1967), a role which brought Hackman the critical acclaim he needed and he received his first Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor. Many roles and successes in the film industry followed as Hackman continued to explore different genres and types of characters for the remainder of the decade. He has co-written three books with Daniel Lenihan: Wake of the Perdido Star (1999), Justice for None (2004), and most recently, Escape from Andersonville: A Novel of the Civil War (2008).
Gene Hackman Net Worth
Date of Birth
Actor, Author, Novelist, Voice Actor, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Eugene Allen Hackman, Eugene Alder, Eugene Allen "Gene" Hackman, Gene
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism Chargeson Jun 26, 2016
Gene Hackman Earnings
Click to Expand
- The Quick and the Dead$1,300,000
- Lucky Lady$1,250,000
- The French Connection$100,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- "Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet FirmEvery day, millions of people play "Clash of Clans" on their smartphones or tablets. These millions of players are making billions of dollars for game developer Supercell.
- Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home CountryBelhassen Trabelsi is a Tunisian billionaire refugee and he is missing. It turns out that his missing status is quite convenient, as he was about to be deported from Canada, to face charges back at home.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.