Dustin Hoffman Net Worth: Dustin Hoffman is an American actor who has a net worth of $50 million dollars. Dustin Hoffman was born on August 8, 1937 in Los Angeles, California. His film, television and theater credits are many. He is perhaps best known for his widely acclaimed role in the '60s as college graduate Benjamin Braddock, who is seduced by the wife of his father's business associate. For his role in the Graduate, Hoffman received an Academy Award nomination. His next notable role was a huge departure from his 'Graduate' character when he joined the cast of Midnight Cowboy. While Hoffman was not the first choice (by far) for the role of Enrico Salvatore "Ratso" Rizzo in Midnight Cowboy, his performance garnered him an Oscar nomination and the film won the Best Picture. In 1994, the film was deemed "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant" by the Library of Congress and selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry. Over the next few years and into the '80s, he would make ten more notable films and receive more award nominations, including Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) and Rain Main (1988). Hoffman's acting career began at age 19 when he dropped out of college to pursue the stage at the Pasadena Playhouse. There he befriended another young actor, Gene Hackman. The two aspiring actors eventually moved to New York City together, looking for work in television and in off-Broadway plays. An unconventional-looking actor for the time period, Hoffman had difficulty getting roles in an industry primarily looking for pretty faces. To make ends meet, he took got odd jobs and the occasional bit role to pay the bills. He later recounted, "I lived below the official American poverty line until I was 31."
Dustin Hoffman Net Worth
Date of Birth
Aug 8, 1937 (78 years old)
Actor, Television producer, Film Producer, Film director, Voice Actor
United States of America
5 ft 5 in (1.67 m)
Dustin Lee Hoffman, Sam Etic, Hook, Dasutin Hofuman
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!on May 1, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism Accusationson May 1, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%on Apr 30, 2016
Dustin Hoffman Earnings
Click to Expand
- Hook$2,000,000% of gross
- Rain Man$5,800,000% of gross
- John and Mary$425,000
- Midnight Cowboy$250,000
- The Graduate$17,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Original Handwritten "Laws of Base Ball" Sold For $3.26 Million At AuctionThe documents dating back to the 1800s and now known as the "Laws of Base Ball" are now an incredibly valuable historical object, having fetched $3.26 million at auction over the weekend.
- Millionaire Coal Baron Gets One-Year Prison Sentence for Mine Safety ConspiracyThe millionaire former-CEO of a coal mining company was recently sentenced to a one-year prison term and a $250,000 fine after he was found guilty of violating mine safety standards. In 2010, an explosion linked to unsafe working conditions in one of his company's mines killed 29 workers.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.