Donald Sutherland Net Worth: Donald Sutherland is a Canadian actor who has a net worth of $40 million. Donald Sutherland was born July 17, 1935 in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. Some of Sutherland's more notable movie roles have been soldiers in popular war movies such as The Dirty Dozen, The Eagle Has Landed, M*A*S*H and Kelly's Heroes, as well as a diverse range of characters in such films as Fellini's Casanova, Don't Look Now, Klute, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, JFK, Ordinary People, Pride & Prejudice and even the very current file The Hunger Games. He is the father of actor Kiefer Sutherland, most recently notable for his wildly popular television series '24'. His teenage years were spent in Nova Scotia and Donald Sutherland landed his first part-time job at age 14 as a news correspondent for local radio station CKBW in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. He then studied at Victoria College, University of Toronto, where he met his first wife Lois Hardwick (not to be confused with the child star of the same name) and graduated with a double major in engineering and drama. He was a member of the UC Follies comedy troupe in Toronto. Sutherland left Canada for England in 1957, where he studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. In the '80s, always one to reinvent himself, Sutherland also played psychiatrist and visionary Wilhelm Reich in the video for English singer/songwriter Kate Bush's 1985 single Cloudbusting. Sutherland also became a blogger for the American news website The Huffington Post during the 2008 United States presidential election campaign. In his blogs, he openly stated his support for Barack Obama. In more recent years he appeared on the prime time series Dirty Sexy Money, playing Tripp Darling.
Donald Sutherland Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jul 17, 1935 (80 years old)
Actor, Voice Actor, Spokesperson, Film Producer
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
Donald Edward McNicol Sutherland, Donald McNichol Sutherland, Donald McNichol Sutherland, OC, Donald Edward McNichol Sutherland, Donald Edward McNichol Sutherland, OC
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
Paul Allen Unveils Stratolaunch, The World's Largest Airplaneon Jun 30, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Drake Is Worth An Estimated $3 Billion To His Hometown Of Torontoon Jun 30, 2016
The World's Third-Youngest Billionaire Is Rich Thanks To Fish Farmingon Jun 30, 2016
From Broke To A $180M Business: The Story Behind Daniel Wellingtonon Jun 30, 2016
Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting Conditionon Jun 29, 2016
Donald Sutherland Earnings
- Animal House$40,000
- Steelyard Blues$100,000
- Dr. Terror's House of Horrors$1,550
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...July 1st is not just the first day of a new month, it's also Bobby Bonilla day! That's the day when the NY Mets direct deposit $1.2 million to the account of a 53-year-old man who has been retired for over a decade...
- Kanye West Just Signed A Deal With Adidas That Could Make Him A BILLIONAIRERead more about the extended partnership between Adidas and Kanye that could net Ye a billion dollars!
- Brexit Causes Economic Upheaval: World's Richest People To Lose BillionsBrexit has seriously shaken the world markets... and has caused the world's richest people to lose billions in the process.
- Jose Reyes Is Getting A Ton Of Money Just For Being Released By The RockiesAfter a domestic abuse case was brought against him, the Colorado Rockies tried to trade infielder Jose Reyes. They couldn't find any takers, though, and now they owe him a ton of money.