Donald Sutherland Net Worth: Donald Sutherland is a Canadian actor who has a net worth of $40 million. Donald Sutherland was born July 17, 1935 in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. Some of Sutherland's more notable movie roles have been soldiers in popular war movies such as The Dirty Dozen, The Eagle Has Landed, M*A*S*H and Kelly's Heroes, as well as a diverse range of characters in such films as Fellini's Casanova, Don't Look Now, Klute, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, JFK, Ordinary People, Pride & Prejudice and even the very current file The Hunger Games. He is the father of actor Kiefer Sutherland, most recently notable for his wildly popular television series '24'. His teenage years were spent in Nova Scotia and Donald Sutherland landed his first part-time job at age 14 as a news correspondent for local radio station CKBW in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. He then studied at Victoria College, University of Toronto, where he met his first wife Lois Hardwick (not to be confused with the child star of the same name) and graduated with a double major in engineering and drama. He was a member of the UC Follies comedy troupe in Toronto. Sutherland left Canada for England in 1957, where he studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. In the '80s, always one to reinvent himself, Sutherland also played psychiatrist and visionary Wilhelm Reich in the video for English singer/songwriter Kate Bush's 1985 single Cloudbusting. Sutherland also became a blogger for the American news website The Huffington Post during the 2008 United States presidential election campaign. In his blogs, he openly stated his support for Barack Obama. In more recent years he appeared on the prime time series Dirty Sexy Money, playing Tripp Darling.
Donald Sutherland Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Donald Sutherland against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Jul 17, 1935 (80 years old)
Actor, Voice Actor, Spokesperson, Film Producer
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
Donald Edward McNicol Sutherland, Donald McNichol Sutherland, Donald McNichol Sutherland, OC, Donald Edward McNichol Sutherland, Donald Edward McNichol Sutherland, OC
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON Of Moneyon May 26, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy Americanson May 26, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube Streamingon May 26, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
Shaquille O'Neal Makes Big Entrance Into The Auto Insurance Industryon May 25, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
Donald Sutherland Earnings
- Animal House$40,000
- Steelyard Blues$100,000
- Dr. Terror's House of Horrors$1,550
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading CasePhil Mickelson narrowly escaped criminal charges from insider trading allegations made by the SEC, but still owes over $1 million in fines.
- Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!Mark Cuban is surprisingly open to the idea of running for vice-president ... for either Trump or Clinton.
- Family Of Late Baseball Superstar Tony Gwynn Suing Tobacco Giant, Altria GroupThe family of late San Diego baseball star Tony Gwynn blames tobacco industry for his death and files lawsuit against Altria Group.
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.