Christopher Reeve net worth: Christopher Reeve was an American actor and activist who had a net worth of $3 million at the time of this death in October 2004. During his life, Christopher Reeve had nearly universal admiration of both his talents as an actor and his caliber as a human being. Reeve's interest in acting first began in 1962, when at the age of nine he appeared in an amateur stage production of The Yeomen of the Guard. He went on to graduate high school and attend Cornell University, mostly because of its proximity to New York City, where he planned to embark on an acting career. He began to do just that while still in college, acting in a variety of student plays such as Waiting for Godot and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. He continued to act in and out of college, eventually enrolling at the prestigious Julliard. His first film role was a small part in Gray Lady Down, a disaster movie. It was shortly after this that he got the chance to audition for what would become his chief legacy in the world of acting: The lead role in Superman: The Movie. He landed the part, and turned in a performance that many consider the definitive screen portrayal of both Superman and his mild-mannered alter-ego Clark Kent. Reeve's acting career was tragically cut short in 1995, when he was paralyzed from the neck down after a horse riding accident. After this life-changing injury, he worked largely as a philanthropist and crusader for scientific research that could in the future cure paralysis, which would be an even greater contribution to the world than portraying Superman.
Christopher Reeve Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Christopher Reeves against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Sep 25, 1952 (63 years old)
Actor, Author, Television producer, Voice Actor, Film director, Screenwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
Christopher D'Olier Reeve, Chris, Toph
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In Americaon Nov 28, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: Donald Sterling Gets A Verdict, Mark Cuban's Hoverboard, Robots Are Coming To Take Over Your Job, And A Billionaire Shakeupon Nov 28, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity Eventon Nov 28, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
Christopher Reeves Earnings
- Superman III$1,000,000
- Superman II$500,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini HuracánThe Lamborghini Huracán is a luxury sports car that began production in 2014. The Huracán, which means "hurricane" in Spanish, was Lamborghini's replacement for
- How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A BillionaireFor Seattle residents, the name Martin Selig is nearly eponymous with their celebrated city skyline. However, the billionaire real estate developer is not a native. Selig escaped Nazi Germany to build a fortune in the Pacific Northwest.
- BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?If you ever own a BMW and you feel like showing off your driving skills, please don't follow this guy's example...
- Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over UnderwearAn underwear company is suing Derek Jeter, and somehow 50 Cent is involved...