Billy Bob Thornton Net Worth: Billy Bob Thornton is an American actor, screenwriter, producer and musician who has a net worth of $30 million dollars. Born August 4, 1955 in Hot Springs, Arkansas, he is best known for his role in Sling Blade, which he wrote, starred in and directed. Thornton won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for his work in Sling Blade. He appeared in several major film roles following Sling Blade's success, which served to bring him bigger international recognition and critical acclaim with such films as U Turn (1997), Primary Colors (1998), Armageddon (1998) A Simple Plan (1998), which earned him his third Oscar nomination, Monster's Ball (2001), Bandits (2001), The Man Who Wasn't There (2001), Bad Santa (2003), Intolerable Cruelty (2003), Love Actually (2003), Friday Night Lights (2004), The Alamo (2004), Eagle Eye (2008) and Faster (2010). In 2014, Thornton starred in the anthology series Fargo and received universal acclaim for his performance, and earning Thornton a nomination for the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie at the Emmy Awards. Thornton was living his dream. In the mid-1980s, Thornton had settled in Los Angeles to pursue his career as an actor with future writing partner Tom Epperson. He initially had a difficult time and worked in telemarketing, offshore wind farming and fast food management between auditioning for acting jobs. He also played drums and sang with South African rock band Jack Hammer. Thornton hit the jackpot when he was working as a waiter for an industry event and unknowingly served food to film director and screenwriter Billy Wilder. Thornton struck up a conversation with Wilder, who advised Thornton to consider a career as a screenwriter and the rest was history.
Billy Bob Thornton Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Billy Bob Thornton against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Billy Bob Thornton
Date of Birth
Aug 4, 1955
Actor, Musician, Screenwriter, Film director, Voice Actor, Singer-songwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft (1.83 m)
William Robert Thornton, Reginald Perry, William Robert (Billy Bob) Thornton, Thornton
5 Reality Show Concepts That Failed Horriblyon Aug 30, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry Helleron Aug 28, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
PGA Tour Players Are Light Years Ahead Of Others When It Comes To Playoff Payon Aug 31, 2015
Top 10 Athletes Turned Entrepreneurson Aug 28, 2015
The Fascinating Ups And Downs Behind The Multi-Million Dollar "Happy Birthday" Royalty Waron Aug 30, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's $5 Million Album Hasn't Been Purchased Yeton Aug 28, 2015
How Jamie Siminoff Turned 'Shark Tank' Loss Into A $28 Million Winon Aug 28, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?Recently, we learned a single tweet from LeBron James can be worth close to $140,000, but as it turns out, there is one guy whose tweets are worth even more.
- Top 5 Most Costly Natural Disasters In HistoryNatural disasters are uncontrollable and capable of causing astronomical damages. Check out the top 5 most costly disasters of all time!
- $390 Million Worth Of Deals Were Just Transacted At Monterey Car WeekDuring the course of this dream week for car collectors a total of $390 million changed hands including cars that sold for over $16 million.
- Music Executives Love Taylor Swift, Hate Rap Music, And Think Tidal Will FailSome interesting revelations were made in an anonymous survey where roughly 50 music executives were asked their opinions on various topics.