Billy Bob Thornton Net Worth: Billy Bob Thornton is an American actor, screenwriter, producer and musician who has a net worth of $30 million dollars. Born August 4, 1955 in Hot Springs, Arkansas, he is best known for his role in Sling Blade, which he wrote, starred in and directed. Thornton won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for his work in Sling Blade. He appeared in several major film roles following Sling Blade's success, which served to bring him bigger international recognition and critical acclaim with such films as U Turn (1997), Primary Colors (1998), Armageddon (1998) A Simple Plan (1998), which earned him his third Oscar nomination, Monster's Ball (2001), Bandits (2001), The Man Who Wasn't There (2001), Bad Santa (2003), Intolerable Cruelty (2003), Love Actually (2003), Friday Night Lights (2004), The Alamo (2004), Eagle Eye (2008) and Faster (2010). In 2014, Thornton starred in the anthology series Fargo and received universal acclaim for his performance, and earning Thornton a nomination for the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie at the Emmy Awards. Thornton was living his dream. In the mid-1980s, Thornton had settled in Los Angeles to pursue his career as an actor with future writing partner Tom Epperson. He initially had a difficult time and worked in telemarketing, offshore wind farming and fast food management between auditioning for acting jobs. He also played drums and sang with South African rock band Jack Hammer. Thornton hit the jackpot when he was working as a waiter for an industry event and unknowingly served food to film director and screenwriter Billy Wilder. Thornton struck up a conversation with Wilder, who advised Thornton to consider a career as a screenwriter and the rest was history.
Billy Bob Thornton Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Billy Bob Thornton against
- Random Celebrity
Billy Bob Thornton
Date of Birth
Aug 4, 1955 (60 years old)
Actor, Musician, Screenwriter, Film director, Voice Actor, Singer-songwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft (1.83 m)
William Robert Thornton, Reginald Perry, William Robert (Billy Bob) Thornton, Thornton
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last Yearon May 3, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
Drake's 'Views From The 6' Went Gold In One Day!on May 4, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
Mariah Carey's Voice, Legs Insured For $70 Millionon May 4, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- It Doesn't Pay (As Well) To Be The No. 1 Pick In The NFL Draft This YearJared Goff has the honor of being the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft this year, but the new quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams will not bring home the most money among this year's draft class. Two guys will actually bring home more than he will, with their rookie contracts.
- Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net WorthThe world remains shocked at the death of 57-year-old musical icon Prince – a passing that has left his $300 million fortune (a number likely to grow) in limbo. With no will, Prince's family is urging the government to step in.
- Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil DependencySaudi Arabia's Prince Mohammed Bin Salman says that by 2020, his country – which sees about 75% of its revenue come from the oil industry – will be able to live without oil. By 2030, he predicts a national financial fund revolution. How? By raising a $2 trillion fund, of course.
- The Top 10 College Majors Of BillionairesThese are the 10 most popular college majors of the 100 wealthiest billionaires on earth. Spoiler Alert: Don't hold your breath, Liberal arts majors.