Billy Bob Thornton Net Worth: Billy Bob Thornton is an American actor, screenwriter, producer and musician who has a net worth of $30 million dollars. Born August 4, 1955 in Hot Springs, Arkansas, he is best known for his role in Sling Blade, which he wrote, starred in and directed. Thornton won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for his work in Sling Blade. He appeared in several major film roles following Sling Blade's success, which served to bring him bigger international recognition and critical acclaim with such films as U Turn (1997), Primary Colors (1998), Armageddon (1998) A Simple Plan (1998), which earned him his third Oscar nomination, Monster's Ball (2001), Bandits (2001), The Man Who Wasn't There (2001), Bad Santa (2003), Intolerable Cruelty (2003), Love Actually (2003), Friday Night Lights (2004), The Alamo (2004), Eagle Eye (2008) and Faster (2010). In 2014, Thornton starred in the anthology series Fargo and received universal acclaim for his performance, and earning Thornton a nomination for the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie at the Emmy Awards. Thornton was living his dream. In the mid-1980s, Thornton had settled in Los Angeles to pursue his career as an actor with future writing partner Tom Epperson. He initially had a difficult time and worked in telemarketing, offshore wind farming and fast food management between auditioning for acting jobs. He also played drums and sang with South African rock band Jack Hammer. Thornton hit the jackpot when he was working as a waiter for an industry event and unknowingly served food to film director and screenwriter Billy Wilder. Thornton struck up a conversation with Wilder, who advised Thornton to consider a career as a screenwriter and the rest was history.
Billy Bob Thornton Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Billy Bob Thornton against
- Random Celebrity
Billy Bob Thornton
Date of Birth
Aug 4, 1955 (60 years old)
Actor, Musician, Screenwriter, Film director, Voice Actor, Singer-songwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft (1.83 m)
William Robert Thornton, Reginald Perry, William Robert (Billy Bob) Thornton, Thornton
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.