Angela Lansbury net worth: Angela Lansbury is a British-American actress and singer who has a net worth of $70 million. With innumerable performances on stage, television and the big screen, Angela Lansbury garnered the top awards in the acting industry in a career that spanned more than 60 years. An East London native, she was born to actress Moyna MacGill and politician Edgar Lansbury in 1925. At the age of fifteen she moved New York City to study acting. In 1942, her career path led her to Hollywood, LA, where she landed her first cinematic roles, Gaslight (1944) and The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945). These two roles were heralds of Lansbury's flourishing career, having earned her two Oscar nominations and a Golden Globe Award. Next, she widened her acting engagements to Broadway musicals and television in the 1950s. Having enriched her portfolio with successful Broadway productions of Gypsy,Mame and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, she went on to play roles in films like The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971), Beauty and the Beast (1991), and Anastasia (1997). But it was her portrayal of writer and sleuth Jessica Fletcher in the twelve-year run of the American television series Murder, She Wrote (1984–1996) that made her best known to modern audiences. As for her most recent projects, they include 2005's movie Nanny McPhee, 2009's Broadway revival of the play Blithe Spirit, as well as 2010's Broadway revival of the musical A Little Night Music. Admired by her peers and beloved by her fans, Lansbury took home five Tonys, six Golden Globes and has been nominated for numerous other industry accolades, including the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress on three occasions, as well as manifold Emmys on eighteen occasions.
Angela Lansbury Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 16, 1925 (89 years old)
Actor, Singer, Television producer, Writer, Author, Voice Actor
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Angela Brigid Lansbury, Lansbury, Angela Brigid Lansbury, CBE, Dame Angela Brigid Lansbury
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
These Celebrities Were Rich Even Before They Were Famouson Oct 6, 2015
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
Who Are The Highest Paid ESPN Personalities?on Oct 5, 2015
Here Are Jennifer Lawrence's Top 7 Movie Paycheckson Oct 6, 2015
This Billionaire Has Lost 85% Of His Fortune In The Last Few Monthson Oct 6, 2015
Now You Can Buy Donald Trump's Rare Lamborghini Diabloon Oct 6, 2015
Tom Cruise Reportedly Sells Hidden Hills Scientology Getaway For $11.4 Million!on Oct 4, 2015
Ten College Majors That Are A Good Investmenton Oct 6, 2015
Angela Lansbury Earnings
- Murder, She Wrote$300,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Strange Story Of A Russian Billionaire, A Swiss Art Dealer, Two "Stolen" Picasso Paintings, And Picasso's Step-DaughterOh, those crazy Russian billionaires! Dmitry Rybolovlev, who made his billions in fertilizer, is handing over two Picasso paintings worth $27 million to the stepdaughter of the legendary artist. But why?
- How Baltimore Ravens Owner Steve Bisciotti Made His $2.6 Billion FortuneIt takes a small fortune to buy into an NFL team nowadays, but if you have one you can afford to part with they are still one heck of an investment. Just ask Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.
- Retiring Auto Tycoon Will Get $1M For The Rest Of His Life... And That's Actually A Pay-cut!Sidney DeBoer is the founder and former CEO of Lithia Motors, and he just signed off on a lifetime compensation deal for his retirement.
- Russell Crowe's Top 5 Highest Paying Film RolesRussell Crowe has made an impressive amount of cash from his film roles. Find out how much here!