Angela Lansbury net worth: Angela Lansbury is a British-American actress and singer who has a net worth of $70 million. With innumerable performances on stage, television and the big screen, Angela Lansbury garnered the top awards in the acting industry in a career that spanned more than 60 years. An East London native, she was born to actress Moyna MacGill and politician Edgar Lansbury in 1925. At the age of fifteen she moved New York City to study acting. In 1942, her career path led her to Hollywood, LA, where she landed her first cinematic roles, Gaslight (1944) and The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945). These two roles were heralds of Lansbury's flourishing career, having earned her two Oscar nominations and a Golden Globe Award. Next, she widened her acting engagements to Broadway musicals and television in the 1950s. Having enriched her portfolio with successful Broadway productions of Gypsy,Mame and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, she went on to play roles in films like The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971), Beauty and the Beast (1991), and Anastasia (1997). But it was her portrayal of writer and sleuth Jessica Fletcher in the twelve-year run of the American television series Murder, She Wrote (1984–1996) that made her best known to modern audiences. As for her most recent projects, they include 2005's movie Nanny McPhee, 2009's Broadway revival of the play Blithe Spirit, as well as 2010's Broadway revival of the musical A Little Night Music. Admired by her peers and beloved by her fans, Lansbury took home five Tonys, six Golden Globes and has been nominated for numerous other industry accolades, including the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress on three occasions, as well as manifold Emmys on eighteen occasions.
Angela Lansbury Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 16, 1925 (90 years old)
Actor, Singer, Television producer, Writer, Author, Voice Actor
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Angela Brigid Lansbury, Lansbury, Angela Brigid Lansbury, CBE, Dame Angela Brigid Lansbury
Golden State Warriors Sign Extremely Lucrative Arena Naming Rights Dealon Feb 7, 2016
Are Elizabeth Holmes And Her Revolutionary Blood Testing Company Running Out Of Time?on Feb 10, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
Everything You Need To Know From Super Bowl 50on Feb 10, 2016
Website Reveals Interesting Trends Among The World's Billionaireson Feb 11, 2016
Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few Monthson Feb 11, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!on Feb 11, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
Angela Lansbury Earnings
- Murder, She Wrote$300,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?Celebrities and billionaires alike flock to St. Barts every winter to soak up the sun, party, and dine in luxury. But what makes St. Barts so special?
- How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball CardsNothing beats opening up a pack of baseball cards. And for former Angels pitcher DeWayne Buice, baseball cards earned him way more money than playing in the Major Leagues ever did.
- Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As MuchFor a car that was once split in half, it is amazing to learn that this car has sold for about three times its original value!
- Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism LawsuitSurviving members of Led Zeppelin were recently deposed as part of a copyright infringement case for the song Stairway to Heaven, often recognized as one of the greatest rock songs of all time.