Terrance Watanabe net worth: Terrance "Terry" Watanabe is an American businessman who has a net worth of $150 million dollars. Terrance Watanabe was born in Omaha, Nebraska, the son of Harry Watanabe, founder of the Oriental Trading Company, Inc. When he was 20 years old, Watanabe became CEO of the plastic party favor and trinket company and expanded the Nebraska based business into a thriving $300 million dollar a year mail-order party supply, favors, and decoration business. In 2000, Watanabe sold his entire stake in the company to Los Angeles-based firm Brentwood Associates, and resigned as CEO and President. During a very public and epic gambling run in 2007, Watanabe ran through much of his personal wealth, losing up to $5 million dollars per day gambling. Watanabe's downward spiral into gambling addiction and alcoholism resulted in losing $204 million in one year while gambling at Harrah's Entertainment, Inc casinos Caesar's Palace and the Rio. Harrah's reported that 5.6% of its gambling revenues that year were from the losses incurred by Watanabe. He paid $112 million back but refused to pay the rest prompting Harrah's to file criminal charges of fraud and theft against Watanabe. In July 2010 a settlement was reached between Harrah's Entertainment and Watanabe resulting in a dismissal of both the civil and criminal cases.
Terrance Watanabe Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Terrance Watanabe against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
The Top 10 College Majors Of Billionaireson May 2, 2016
Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net Worthon May 2, 2016
The Billionaire Developer Who Changed The Way Southern Californians Shopon May 2, 2016
Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!on May 1, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last YearSoon-Shiong is the billionaire chief executive of the biotech company NantKwest Inc., for which he reportedly received a pay package potentially valued at nearly $150 million.
- Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?It's rare to see a player spend 20 seasons with the same team. But Kobe Bryant did it, and he made a lot of money along the way.
- The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer EnyaWould you be surprised to learn that Enya has more money than Adele and has sold more records than One Direction? Would it shock you to find out she lives in a castle full of cats and her neighbor is Bono? This is the weird world in which the Irish singer Enya lives.
- Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism AccusationsLegendary rock band Led Zeppelin lost its latest bid to prevent a trial over allegations it plagiarized its iconic Stairway to Heaven song. A judge recently ruled that there was enough evidence to bring the lawsuit to trial.