Terrance Watanabe net worth: Terrance "Terry" Watanabe is an American businessman who has a net worth of $150 million dollars. Terrance Watanabe was born in Omaha, Nebraska, the son of Harry Watanabe, founder of the Oriental Trading Company, Inc. When he was 20 years old, Watanabe became CEO of the plastic party favor and trinket company and expanded the Nebraska based business into a thriving $300 million dollar a year mail-order party supply, favors, and decoration business. In 2000, Watanabe sold his entire stake in the company to Los Angeles-based firm Brentwood Associates, and resigned as CEO and President. During a very public and epic gambling run in 2007, Watanabe ran through much of his personal wealth, losing up to $5 million dollars per day gambling. Watanabe's downward spiral into gambling addiction and alcoholism resulted in losing $204 million in one year while gambling at Harrah's Entertainment, Inc casinos Caesar's Palace and the Rio. Harrah's reported that 5.6% of its gambling revenues that year were from the losses incurred by Watanabe. He paid $112 million back but refused to pay the rest prompting Harrah's to file criminal charges of fraud and theft against Watanabe. In July 2010 a settlement was reached between Harrah's Entertainment and Watanabe resulting in a dismissal of both the civil and criminal cases.
Terrance Watanabe Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Terrance Watanabe against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
5 Reality Show Concepts That Failed Horriblyon Aug 30, 2015
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry Helleron Aug 28, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
PGA Tour Players Are Light Years Ahead Of Others When It Comes To Playoff Payon Aug 31, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's $5 Million Album Hasn't Been Purchased Yeton Aug 28, 2015
The Fascinating Ups And Downs Behind The Multi-Million Dollar "Happy Birthday" Royalty Waron Aug 30, 2015
Top 10 Athletes Turned Entrepreneurson Aug 28, 2015
Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?on Aug 30, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Top 5 Most Costly Natural Disasters In HistoryNatural disasters are uncontrollable and capable of causing astronomical damages. Check out the top 5 most costly disasters of all time!
- $390 Million Worth Of Deals Were Just Transacted At Monterey Car WeekDuring the course of this dream week for car collectors a total of $390 million changed hands including cars that sold for over $16 million.
- How Jamie Siminoff Turned 'Shark Tank' Loss Into A $28 Million WinAs consolation prizes go, this definitely beats a set of steak knives.
- Music Executives Love Taylor Swift, Hate Rap Music, And Think Tidal Will FailSome interesting revelations were made in an anonymous survey where roughly 50 music executives were asked their opinions on various topics.