Rothschild Family Net Worth: The Rothschild Family is a family of five sons and their father who created a banking empire and who have a net worth of $400 billion dollars. In the early 1800s, Mayer Amschel Rothschild's children traveled from Frankfurt, Germany, to several locations around Europe in order to better develop the global banking business that began with Mayer Amschel Rothschild himself. The sons moved to London, Paris, Vienna, and Naples, with one staying in Frankfurt, to establish the finance empire. During the mid-nineteenth century, the Rothschilds became the most successful global bankers of the time. In the 1850s, the family began constructing grand homes around Europe, but were not unaffected by political tensions of the time. The Unification of Italy forced the closure of the Naples branch of the bank. The first generation of bankers died out in 1868 with the passing of Baron James, but the family continued the finance legacy in London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Vienna. As industrialization swept the globe, the Rothschild family became involved in mining stones in India and Africa and hunting for oil in Russia. One of the second-generation Rothschilds, Edmond de Rothschild, began developing Jewish colonies in Palestine. The Frankfurt Rothschilds came to an end in 1901 as the result of not having a male heir. World War I provided new business opportunities for the family, but the empire was hit hard by the financial crisis of 1929, particularly in Vienna. The family's holdings in Austria were brought under Nazi control in the late 1930s. The Rothschild Family's interests recovered by the 1960s and they began working on expansion to the United States. The new focus allowed for the branding of London's Rothschild Inc. and N M Rothschild & Sons. As of today, the family's banks employ close to 3,000 people globally.
Rothschild Family Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Rothschild Family against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Rothschild Hanedanlığı, Rothschildler, 罗斯柴尔德家族
Imagine Making $900,000 Every DAY You Went To Work. That's Judge Judy's Real Life...on Sep 3, 2015
The Most Expensive Mansion For Sale In America Just Got $46 Million Cheaperon Sep 4, 2015
How Much Has Adam Sandler Made From His Major Film Roles?on Sep 4, 2015
The 11 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces Of All Timeon Sep 4, 2015
This Week In Celebrity Car News (August 26 – September 2)on Sep 3, 2015
Paula Wagner And Rick Nicita Sell Beverly Hills Compound For $10.8 Millionon Sep 5, 2015
The Highest Paid Film Actresses Of 2015on Sep 3, 2015
Kanye West Just Made A Crazy Promise To Everyone Who Votes For Him For President In 2020on Sep 2, 2015
Top Ten Alleged Match-Fixing/Bribery Scandals In Sportson Sep 4, 2015
Meet Ingvar Kamprad, The Self-Made Billionaire Who Founded IKEAon Sep 3, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Which Luxury Car Brands Are Mentioned Most Often In Hip-Hop?You might not realize how many popular rappers mention their expensive luxury cars in some of their biggest hit songs.
- Chris Brown Finds Himself In Trouble Again...Chris Brown finds himself in trouble again. Find out what has happened to him this time...
- Lance Briggs Is Hanging It Up After 12 Years In Chicago... An Impressive Career That Almost Didn't HappenLance Briggs played 12 NFL seasons, all with the Bears, a rare feat nowadays. But he almost ended up with a completely different franchise.
- Top 10 Highest Paid NBA Players Who Have Yet To Make It To The FinalsTalented players tend to make the most money in the NBA, but there is one thing that they don't always do – make the NBA Finals.