Rothschild Family Net Worth: The Rothschild Family is a family of five sons and their father who created a banking empire and who have a net worth of $400 billion dollars. In the early 1800s, Mayer Amschel Rothschild's children traveled from Frankfurt, Germany, to several locations around Europe in order to better develop the global banking business that began with Mayer Amschel Rothschild himself. The sons moved to London, Paris, Vienna, and Naples, with one staying in Frankfurt, to establish the finance empire. During the mid-nineteenth century, the Rothschilds became the most successful global bankers of the time. In the 1850s, the family began constructing grand homes around Europe, but were not unaffected by political tensions of the time. The Unification of Italy forced the closure of the Naples branch of the bank. The first generation of bankers died out in 1868 with the passing of Baron James, but the family continued the finance legacy in London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Vienna. As industrialization swept the globe, the Rothschild family became involved in mining stones in India and Africa and hunting for oil in Russia. One of the second-generation Rothschilds, Edmond de Rothschild, began developing Jewish colonies in Palestine. The Frankfurt Rothschilds came to an end in 1901 as the result of not having a male heir. World War I provided new business opportunities for the family, but the empire was hit hard by the financial crisis of 1929, particularly in Vienna. The family's holdings in Austria were brought under Nazi control in the late 1930s. The Rothschild Family's interests recovered by the 1960s and they began working on expansion to the United States. The new focus allowed for the branding of London's Rothschild Inc. and N M Rothschild & Sons. As of today, the family's banks employ close to 3,000 people globally.
Rothschild Family Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Rothschild Family against
- Random Celebrity
Rothschild Hanedanlığı, Rothschildler, 罗斯柴尔德家族
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Everything You Need To Know From Super Bowl 50Another NFL season has come and gone. This Super Bowl was a lot of fun for fans of defense, and probably for Beyonce fans, too. In case you missed any of the action, here are the highlights from the game.
- Are Elizabeth Holmes And Her Revolutionary Blood Testing Company Running Out Of Time?Last fall, Elizabeth Holmes, billionaire CEO of Theranos, Inc. faced some serious heat when it was revealed that her innovative method of testing blood wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Months later, there still aren't any answers. Is time running out for Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes?
- "Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social MediaHow did 50 Cent go from being one of the most successful rappers and business moguls in the world to having creditors pick apart his dwindling fortune? We break the story down for here.
- Rita Ora Slapped With A $2.4 Million Lawsuit From Roc NationRita Ora recently sued Roc Nation for over $2 million for leaving her music career in the dust. Now, Roc Nation is hitting the 25-year-old with a lawsuit of their own.