Diane von Furstenberg Net Worth: Diane von Furstenberg is an American fashion designer who has a net worth of $1.2 billion dollars. Born in Brussels, Belgium, in 1946, as Diane Simone Michelle Halfin, Diane von Furstenberg grew up in a Jewish family. Her mother survived life in the Auschwitz concentration camp, getting out just months before von Furstenberg's birth. She attended the University of Geneva for economics before moving to Paris to work in the fashion photography industry. Soon after, she packed her bags for Italy and began working for a textile manufacturer and creating her first dress. In 1970, von Furstenberg secured her first investment and began creating her own fashion line. She is famous for the jersey wrap dress, which debuted four years later, and is now considered iconic with a home at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. The wrap dress launched von Furstenberg's career, and she was able to wrestle the cover of "Newsweek" from presidential hopeful Gerald Ford in 1976. Ten years later, she developed her own publishing company and several other businesses, but re-launched the wrap dress in 1997. She is the author of "Diane: A Signature Life", has a star on the Fashion Walk of Fame, and has had her clothes worn by dozens of high-profile women, including Michelle Obama, Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna, Jessica Alba, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Von Furstenberg is an active philanthropist who directs The Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation, which helps organizations that work to improve education, human rights, health and the environment. She is the founder of the DVF Awards, given annually to outstanding women in charity. Von Furstenberg has been married several times, first to Prince Egon of Furstenberg in 1969. They had two children together and she claimed the title of Her Serene Highness Princess Diane of Furstenberg. She re-married in 2001, getting hitched to on-again, off-again partner Barry Diller. Von Furstenberg has four grandchildren.
Diane Von Furstenberg Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Diane Von Furstenberg against
- Random Celebrity
Diane von Fürstenberg
Date of Birth
Fashion designer, Businessperson
United States of America
Diane Simone Michelle Halfin, Diane Von Furstenberg, Furstenberg Diane Von, Diana Simone Michelle Halfin, Princess Diane of Fürstenberg, Diane Prinzessin zu Fürstenberg, Diane, Diane Von Furstenburg, Diane, Princess of Fürstenberg, Diane Halfin
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A Billionaireon Nov 27, 2015
Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over Underwearon Nov 26, 2015
Adele's "25" On Pace To Become Fastest-Selling Album In U.S. Historyon Nov 25, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For Stuffingon Nov 26, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini HuracánThe Lamborghini Huracán is a luxury sports car that began production in 2014. The Huracán, which means "hurricane" in Spanish, was Lamborghini's replacement for
- BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?If you ever own a BMW and you feel like showing off your driving skills, please don't follow this guy's example...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.