Alexander McQueen Net Worth: Alexander McQueen was a British fashion designer and couturier who had a net worth of $30 million. (Lee) Alexander McQueen was born March 17, 1969 in Lewisham, London, England. He is known for having worked as chief designer at Givenchy (1996-2001) and for founding his own Alexander McQueen label. His achievements in fashion earned him four British Designer of the Year awards (1996, 1997, 2001 and 2003), as well as the CFDA's International Designer of the Year award in 2003. McQueen, called "Lee" by his friends, recognized his homosexuality at an early age and was teased extensively about it by schoolmates. At age 16, McQueen dropped out of school and found work on Savile Row, a street in London's Mayfair district famous for offering made-to-order men's suits. He worked first with the tailor shop Anderson and Shephard then moved to nearby Gieves and Hawkes. From there he changed to working with theatrical costumes and even made the move from London to Milan, Italy where he worked as a design assistant to fashion designer Romeo Gigli. He later returned to London and attended Central Saint Martin's College of Art & Design and received his M.A. in fashion design in 1992. McQueen then started his own business designing clothes for women. He met enormous success with the introduction of his "bumster" pants, so named because of their extremely low-cut waistline. In 2000, Gucci bought a 51 percent stake in Alexander McQueen's private company and provided the capital for McQueen to expand his business. In 2003, McQueen was declared International Designer of the Year by the Council of Fashion Designers of America and A Most Excellent Commander of the British Empire by the Queen of England, and won yet another British Designer of the Year honor. Meanwhile, McQueen opened stores in New York, Milan, London, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. But tragedy would soon lace Alexander's life and things would not end well for him. Starting with the death of English magazine editor Isabella Blow, followed by the death of his mother just two years later, the impact of these events on Alexander's life would culminate in his own suicide. On February 11, 2010, Lee Alexander McQueen was found by his housekeeper, hanged at his home in London—just nine days after his mother passed away from cancer.
Alexander McQueen Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Alexander McQueen against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Mar 17, 1969
Fashion designer, Visual Artist, Designer, Artist, Couturier
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
Lee Alexander McQueen, Lee McQueen
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
Floyd Mayweather Drops Almost $5 Million On Extremely Limited Hypercaron Aug 26, 2015
Rapper T.I. On The Hook For $4.5 Million In Unpaid Taxeson Aug 28, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
Would You Accept $3 Million To Perform At A Wedding? Not If Your Name Is Taylor Swift...on Aug 27, 2015
Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album Sales Dip 85% In A Week... And We May Know The Reason Whyon Aug 26, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
Top 10 Athletes Turned Entrepreneurson Aug 28, 2015
The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry Helleron Aug 28, 2015
Michael Jordan Has Zero Influence On Who Wears His Shoes, And The Reason Why Is Kind Of Strange...on Aug 27, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Ferrari LaFerrariThe Ferrari LaFerrari is truly an amazing car and ranks as the 9th most expensive car in the world at $1.4 million.
- Buffalo Bills Could Soon Have Over $250 Million In Contracts On The Defensive FrontBetween the three, that's a total of $163.3 million in contracts. If the team wants to keep Marcell Dareus in the fold, they are going to have to pay him a bundle. Rumor has it they are willing to do so, and have offered him a six-year deal worth $90 million.
- Fetty Wap Keeps Destroying Music Records...Fetty Wap is continuing to set the charts on fire, and his latest accomplishment shouldn't be a surprise to you...
- Would You Pay $5.2 Million For Michael Moore's Lake House? Check It Out!When the three main features of the property are 300 feet of lake frontage, size and more size, $5.2 million sounds like remarkable pricing for Michael Moore's former mansion...