Alexander McQueen Net Worth: Alexander McQueen was a British fashion designer and couturier who had a net worth of $30 million. (Lee) Alexander McQueen was born March 17, 1969 in Lewisham, London, England. He is known for having worked as chief designer at Givenchy (1996-2001) and for founding his own Alexander McQueen label. His achievements in fashion earned him four British Designer of the Year awards (1996, 1997, 2001 and 2003), as well as the CFDA's International Designer of the Year award in 2003. McQueen, called "Lee" by his friends, recognized his homosexuality at an early age and was teased extensively about it by schoolmates. At age 16, McQueen dropped out of school and found work on Savile Row, a street in London's Mayfair district famous for offering made-to-order men's suits. He worked first with the tailor shop Anderson and Shephard then moved to nearby Gieves and Hawkes. From there he changed to working with theatrical costumes and even made the move from London to Milan, Italy where he worked as a design assistant to fashion designer Romeo Gigli. He later returned to London and attended Central Saint Martin's College of Art & Design and received his M.A. in fashion design in 1992. McQueen then started his own business designing clothes for women. He met enormous success with the introduction of his "bumster" pants, so named because of their extremely low-cut waistline. In 2000, Gucci bought a 51 percent stake in Alexander McQueen's private company and provided the capital for McQueen to expand his business. In 2003, McQueen was declared International Designer of the Year by the Council of Fashion Designers of America and A Most Excellent Commander of the British Empire by the Queen of England, and won yet another British Designer of the Year honor. Meanwhile, McQueen opened stores in New York, Milan, London, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. But tragedy would soon lace Alexander's life and things would not end well for him. Starting with the death of English magazine editor Isabella Blow, followed by the death of his mother just two years later, the impact of these events on Alexander's life would culminate in his own suicide. On February 11, 2010, Lee Alexander McQueen was found by his housekeeper, hanged at his home in London—just nine days after his mother passed away from cancer.
Alexander McQueen Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Alexander McQueen against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Mar 17, 1969 (46 years old)
Fashion designer, Visual Artist, Designer, Artist, Couturier
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
Lee Alexander McQueen, Lee McQueen
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A Billionaireon Nov 27, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini Huracánon Nov 27, 2015
BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?on Nov 27, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over UnderwearAn underwear company is suing Derek Jeter, and somehow 50 Cent is involved...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.
- Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For StuffingWhile many Americans are prepping to roast Tom Turkey and raise a glass in a toast, the world's billionaires are off doing what billionaires do- spending money, helping the world, preparing for fatherhood, detailing what happened when they were kidnapped… you know, just a typical day in the life of a billionaire.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.