Alexander McQueen Net Worth: Alexander McQueen was a British fashion designer and couturier who had a net worth of $30 million. (Lee) Alexander McQueen was born March 17, 1969 in Lewisham, London, England. He is known for having worked as chief designer at Givenchy (1996-2001) and for founding his own Alexander McQueen label. His achievements in fashion earned him four British Designer of the Year awards (1996, 1997, 2001 and 2003), as well as the CFDA's International Designer of the Year award in 2003. McQueen, called "Lee" by his friends, recognized his homosexuality at an early age and was teased extensively about it by schoolmates. At age 16, McQueen dropped out of school and found work on Savile Row, a street in London's Mayfair district famous for offering made-to-order men's suits. He worked first with the tailor shop Anderson and Shephard then moved to nearby Gieves and Hawkes. From there he changed to working with theatrical costumes and even made the move from London to Milan, Italy where he worked as a design assistant to fashion designer Romeo Gigli. He later returned to London and attended Central Saint Martin's College of Art & Design and received his M.A. in fashion design in 1992. McQueen then started his own business designing clothes for women. He met enormous success with the introduction of his "bumster" pants, so named because of their extremely low-cut waistline. In 2000, Gucci bought a 51 percent stake in Alexander McQueen's private company and provided the capital for McQueen to expand his business. In 2003, McQueen was declared International Designer of the Year by the Council of Fashion Designers of America and A Most Excellent Commander of the British Empire by the Queen of England, and won yet another British Designer of the Year honor. Meanwhile, McQueen opened stores in New York, Milan, London, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. But tragedy would soon lace Alexander's life and things would not end well for him. Starting with the death of English magazine editor Isabella Blow, followed by the death of his mother just two years later, the impact of these events on Alexander's life would culminate in his own suicide. On February 11, 2010, Lee Alexander McQueen was found by his housekeeper, hanged at his home in London—just nine days after his mother passed away from cancer.
Alexander McQueen Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Alexander McQueen against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Mar 17, 1969 - Feb 11, 2010 (40 years old)
Fashion designer, Visual Artist, Designer, Artist, Couturier
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
Lee Alexander McQueen, Lee McQueen
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Prince's Alleged Love Child May Stand to Inherit His Entire Fortuneon May 5, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Dirk Nowitzki Is Giving Up A Lot Of Money To Stay With The Maverickson May 5, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Cinqo De Mayo Editionon May 6, 2016
Conor McGregor Offered $2-3 Million To Fight For Rival Promotionson May 5, 2016
Dana White Making An Expensive Mistake By Not Putting Conor McGregor Back on UFC 200 Fight Card?on May 5, 2016
Warren Buffett Credits His Diet For Longevity And Happiness – And You Won't Believe What He Eats!on May 6, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
One Of The World's Largest Data Leaks Has Named A Number Of Billionaires In Possible Illegal Financial Activitieson May 6, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Lack Of Faith Forces Leicester Fan To Miss Out On Turning 73 Cents Into $3,600There are a lot of euphoric Leicester City fans right about now, since their team has officially won the Premier League. However, there is going to be at least one who is somber. He or she could have turned 73 cents into thousands – but didn't.
- If Yahoo's CEO is Fired, She Gets $55 MillionGetting fired by your employer is never a good thing, but how would you like $55 million to make up for it?
- Comcast Pockets DreamWorks Animation For $3.8 BillionA welcome payday and a beneficial partnership are in the making following the announcement that Comcast will acquire DreamWorks Pictures' powerful animation arm, DreamWorks Animation.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick Claims He'd Rather Sit Out Next Season, Than Take Jets OfferWhen free agency opened, the New York Jets were expected to do what it took to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, but they have played hardball with him, instead. Fitzpatrick isn't backing down. He has stated he'd rather sit out than take what the Jets have offered.