El Chapo Guzman net worth: Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is a Mexican born former drug kingpin who had a peak net worth of $1 billion dollars. El Chapo Guzman is the former head of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. During his reign, Joaquin Guzman oversaw drug trafficking between Mexico and the US on an extraordinarily large scale. At the peak of his power, El Capo was the world's largest smuggler of cocaine shipments between Colombia and the United States. He also smuggled vast quantities of heroin, methamphetamines, and marijuana. His exact birth date is unknown but it is believed Joaquin was born either on December 25, 1954 or April 4, 1957. He grew up dirt poor, the son of a cattle rancher, and sold oranges in order to help the family buy food. Like many residents in his rural town, Joaquin cultivated small amounts of opium poppy and marijuana to make a little bit of extra money. He earned the nickname "El Chapo", which means "Shorty" while living with his grandparents after his father kicked him out of the family home. The nickname makes sense as Joaquin is barely 5 foot 6 inches tall. Throughout that 70s and 80s, El Chapo ran logistics for the Sinaloa cartel. Drugs, mainly cocaine but some heroin, was produced in Colombia and delivered to Mexico. El Chapo became an expert at organizing airplanes, boats, trains and trucks to carrying drugs onto the United States and Europe. When the cartel's top leaders were arrested, El Chapo took control. In the late 80s and early 90s, the cartel also began manufacturing meth within Mexico. El Chapo was arrested in Guatemala in 1993 and sentenced to 20 years in a Mexican prison. He successfully managed to bribe several guards and escaped in 2001. Despite there being a $5 million bounty on his head from American law enforcement, El Chapo managed to elude capture for more than a decade. He was finally arrested on February 22, 2014 at a beach resort in Mazatlan, Mexico.
Joaquín Guzmán Loera Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Joaquín Guzmán Loera against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Joaquín Guzmán Loera
Date of Birth
Apr 4, 1957 (58 years old)
5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)
165 lbs (75 kg)
Joaquin Guzman, El Chapo Guzmán, El Chapo
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Billionaire Mario Gabelli Is Sick Of Paying For Cableon Nov 25, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
Adele's "25" On Pace To Become Fastest-Selling Album In U.S. Historyon Nov 25, 2015
Top Ten Money Earners In NASCAR Historyon Nov 25, 2015
Is This Arsenal Bench Warmer A Secret Billionaire???on Nov 23, 2015
A Game-Worn Michael Jordan Jersey Just Sold For A Ridiculous Amount Of Money!on Nov 24, 2015
ISIS Is The Wealthiest Terrorist Organization In History... How Exactly Did They Acquire This Wealth?on Nov 23, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Everything You Need To Know From Week 11 Of The NFLThere were a lot of tough to watch games this week. In case you switched off your TV, here are all the highlights from Week 11.
- Gilbert Arenas Suing Former Financial Management Firm For $40 MillionGilbert Arenas made a good amount of money while in the NBA, but like many players, lost a lot due to poor management. He is now trying to recoup some of those losses by suing his former financial management company.
- This Former NFL Player Is Definitely NOT Going To End Up One Of Those Cliche Broke AthletesAfter a lengthy stint in the NFL, Joe Jurevicius wasn't sure what his next move should be, but it's safe to say his second career has been an absolute wash.
- The Koenigsegg Regera Has Lots Of Horsepower And Some Pretty Cool FeaturesFor $2 million, the Koenigsegg Regera not only comes with a whopping 1,500 horsepower, but it can also act like a Transformer.