Hank and Doug Meijer's net worth: Hank and Doug Meijer's net worth is $9.1 billion dollars which makes them among the richest people in the state of Michigan. Hank and Doug Meijer are the co-Chairmen of Meijer, Inc., the grocery store chain started by their grandfather, Henrik Meijer, during the Great Depression. Their father, Frederik Meijer, who began working at the first location when he was 14, when on to take over the family business, and grew it into a massive grocery empire. The Meijer stores were the first stores to combine high quality produce and grocery items with department store items. The company was quite successful up through the early 90s, until Wal-Mart began cutting into their business. There are currently 190 Meijer stores in five states, and the company is headquartered in Michigan, where it has the largest concentration of stores. Since the early 2000s, the company has been restructuring, changing its image, shuffling employees, and laying off others, in an attempt to remain competitive.
Hank and Doug Meijer Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Hank and Doug Meijer against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence Dealingson May 28, 2016
Kim Kardashian's Stylist Makes An Insane Amount Of Money Every Yearon May 27, 2016
Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and Accessorieson May 28, 2016
Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against Gawkeron May 28, 2016
Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil Independenceon May 28, 2016
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Richest Person In America's 50 Largest CitiesWe've put together a list of the richest people in the 50 largest cities in the United States. Some of the names, like Bill Gates and Ken Griffin, are familiar. Most are not.
- Nick Denton May Be Forced To Sell Gawker To Pay Legal JudgmentsThere are rumors Nick Denton will sell Gawker Media to raise funds for his appeal against Hulk Hogan. But who is the unnamed buyer and how can they purchase the company so cheaply?
- How Did 27 Giant Companies Make Billions in Profits Without Paying ANY Income Taxes?In 2015, 27 corporations raked in profits without paying ANY income taxes to Uncle Sam. How did they escape the tax man?
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Takes Home an Extra $14 MillionYahoo's CEO Marissa Mayer is currently seeing the company she runs continue on its steady decline. But that didn't stop her from taking home an extra $14 million on top of her $1 million salary.