Cyrus Poonawalla Net Worth: Cyrus Poonawalla is an Indian entrepreneur who has a net worth of $5.9 billion. Dr. Cyrus S. Poonawalla has accumulated his fortune as the Chairman of Poonawalla, which is the world's largest producer of vaccines. It produces more than one billion doses annually through an Indian bio-tech company called Serum Institute of India. The group saw an almost 50% jump in revenues last fiscal year on higher sales of specific vaccines that were used in Africa or were part of India's immunization system. Most recently, it was the Poonawalla Group to launch an injectable polio vaccine, made by Dutch subsidiary Bilthoven Biologicals, in India. For all his contributions to medicine, Poonawalla was honored with the Padma Shri award by the government of India in 2005. One of the 15 richest in India, Poonawalla spent $15 million for works by Renoir, Van Gogh and other notable artist at recent art auctions in London, as well as he purchased racehorse Kenhope for $1.2 million at a Paris auction.
Cyrus S. Poonawalla Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Cyrus S. Poonawalla against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Cyrus S. Poonawalla
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism Chargeson Jun 26, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home CountryBelhassen Trabelsi is a Tunisian billionaire refugee and he is missing. It turns out that his missing status is quite convenient, as he was about to be deported from Canada, to face charges back at home.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned BigSwiss bank Credit Suisse is handling major losses, so how did Sergio Machado earn $14 million?