Cyrus Poonawalla Net Worth: Cyrus Poonawalla is an Indian entrepreneur who has a net worth of $5.9 billion. Dr. Cyrus S. Poonawalla has accumulated his fortune as the Chairman of Poonawalla, which is the world's largest producer of vaccines. It produces more than one billion doses annually through an Indian bio-tech company called Serum Institute of India. The group saw an almost 50% jump in revenues last fiscal year on higher sales of specific vaccines that were used in Africa or were part of India's immunization system. Most recently, it was the Poonawalla Group to launch an injectable polio vaccine, made by Dutch subsidiary Bilthoven Biologicals, in India. For all his contributions to medicine, Poonawalla was honored with the Padma Shri award by the government of India in 2005. One of the 15 richest in India, Poonawalla spent $15 million for works by Renoir, Van Gogh and other notable artist at recent art auctions in London, as well as he purchased racehorse Kenhope for $1.2 million at a Paris auction.
Cyrus S. Poonawalla Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Cyrus S. Poonawalla against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Cyrus S. Poonawalla
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Tony Robbins' Secret To Wealth Is All About Perspectiveon Nov 29, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
Model Sues Lil Wayne's Trukfit Clothing Lineon Nov 29, 2015
Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In Americaon Nov 28, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: Donald Sterling Gets A Verdict; Mark Cuban's Hoverboard; Robots Are Coming To Take Over Your Job; And A Billionaire Shakeupon Nov 28, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'Someone actually bought the one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang project. Check out the details here.
- Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity EventFor once, Mark Cuban was happy to pay a fine for his notoriously bad language.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini HuracánThe Lamborghini Huracán is a luxury sports car that began production in 2014. The Huracán, which means "hurricane" in Spanish, was Lamborghini's replacement for
- How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A BillionaireFor Seattle residents, the name Martin Selig is nearly eponymous with their celebrated city skyline. However, the billionaire real estate developer is not a native. Selig escaped Nazi Germany to build a fortune in the Pacific Northwest.