Cyrus Poonawalla Net Worth: Cyrus Poonawalla is an Indian entrepreneur who has a net worth of $5.9 billion. Dr. Cyrus S. Poonawalla has accumulated his fortune as the Chairman of Poonawalla, which is the world's largest producer of vaccines. It produces more than one billion doses annually through an Indian bio-tech company called Serum Institute of India. The group saw an almost 50% jump in revenues last fiscal year on higher sales of specific vaccines that were used in Africa or were part of India's immunization system. Most recently, it was the Poonawalla Group to launch an injectable polio vaccine, made by Dutch subsidiary Bilthoven Biologicals, in India. For all his contributions to medicine, Poonawalla was honored with the Padma Shri award by the government of India in 2005. One of the 15 richest in India, Poonawalla spent $15 million for works by Renoir, Van Gogh and other notable artist at recent art auctions in London, as well as he purchased racehorse Kenhope for $1.2 million at a Paris auction.
Cyrus S. Poonawalla Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Cyrus S. Poonawalla against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Cyrus S. Poonawalla
Jay-Z Hit With An $18 Million Lawsuit Over Cologne Endorsementon Feb 3, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Trump Is Subject Of Erotic Novel; Sheldon Adelson Tightens The Reigns And More Billionaire Shenaniganson Feb 5, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
You'll Never Guess How Much Revenue The Original Arcade Version Of NBA Jams Generatedon Feb 6, 2016
Golden State Warriors Sign Extremely Lucrative Arena Naming Rights Dealon Feb 7, 2016
Who Will Be The First $100 Million Earner In Tennis - Novak Djokovic Or Roger Federer?on Feb 7, 2016
John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 Millionon Feb 6, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL SalaryRunning back Marshawn Lynch is known for a lot of things: his Skittles touchdown celebrations, giving short, repetitive answers to the media, and being a bruising, powerful running back. Let's add financially wise to that list.
- Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.Back when he was a young hotshot in the league, Spencer Haywood was given a choice by Nike. His decision ultimately cost him a HUGE amount of money.
- The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone ElseThe richest 62 people in the world would all fit onto a bus. Those 62 people have as much cold, hard cash (and assets) as half of the population of the world. And thank God they do, so that we have things to write about at Celebrity Net Worth!
- Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas MansionMike Tyson has made and blown a fortune during his lifetime, but apparently things are on the up and up now. They must be, for him to be able to afford buying a 10,000 square foot home in Las Vegas.