Christopher Cline net worth: Christopher Cline is an American businessman who has a net worth of $1.9 billion dollars. Born in Beckley, West Virginia, Christopher Cline grew up in a coal mining family. His grandfather had his own coal mining operation in West Virginia, and Mr. Cline was paid a penny a bag, for every bag he filled with dirt. The bags were then used for mine blasting. Later, his father gave him part of the family business. He left Marshall University to focus on the family business when he was 21, and grew it into one of the most successful coal mining companies in the world. His company, now called Foresight Energy, produces 20 million tons of coal a year. He is credited with reviving the coal mining industry in Illinois, and is often referred to as, "The New King of Coal". One of his company's primary investors is the Carlyle Group, and Foresight plans to go public in 2013, even as other energy companies are faltering.
Christopher Cline Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Christopher Cline against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jul 5, 1958 (57 years old)
Some Athletes Go Broke In Retirement. David Robinson Just Luanched His SECOND Private-Equity Fundon Oct 7, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
How Much Has Sofia Vergara Made From Her Major Film Roles?on Oct 7, 2015
Some Of The Most Eccentric Billionaires And Millionaireson Oct 7, 2015
Here Are Jennifer Lawrence's Top 7 Movie Paycheckson Oct 6, 2015
These Celebrities Were Rich Even Before They Were Famouson Oct 6, 2015
Who Are The Highest Paid ESPN Personalities?on Oct 5, 2015
This Billionaire Has Lost 85% Of His Fortune In The Last Few Monthson Oct 6, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Weekend Box Office Review For October 2nd – October 4thThis weekend, The Martian opened at #1, but how did other movies stack up?
- Buy Ricky Gervais' London Home for $11.7 Million!Ricky Gervais and longtime partner Jane Fallon re-did the basement to include a gym, illuminated swimming pool, sauna and a golf simulator!
- 10 Highest-Paid Soccer Coaches In The WorldSoccer superstars get a lot of attention for their salaries, but there are some coaches in the game pulling in good money of their own.
- Everything You Need To Know From Week 4 Of The NFLWe're a quarter of the way through the NFL season. How's your favorite team doing?