Barbara Piasecka Johnson Net Worth: Barbara Piasecka Johnson was a Polish-born American heiress, art expert and collector who had a net worth of $4 billion. Born Barbara "Basia" Piasecka on 25 April 1937, in Poland, she graduated from Wroclaw University with a MA in Art History, and soon, she left Poland, with only $100. Initially hired as a cook by Esther Underwood Johnson, at the time the wife of Johnson & Johnson's heir J. Seward Jonson, Barbara turned out terrible in that position, so she switched several jobs within the family's chambermaid. Once she gave her professional opinion on how Seward overpaid one of his paintings, he was shocked to find out that she has profound knowledge in art and appointed her as a consultant in purchasing works of art. Later on, they fell in love, and by 1971, Johnson had divorced his wife to marry Piasecka. After 12 years of marriage, Johnson died and made Piasecka the primary beneficiary of his will, leaving her a massive fortune, including Johnson & Johnson's 18 million of shares. Left out from their father's will, Johnson's six children prosecuted on grounds that their father wasn't mentally capable, at the time he signed the will. The case went on trial, but they reached settlement, and the children were granted about 12% of the fortune, leaving Piasecka in control of the majority of the assets. Then, she transformed the family property, named Jasna Polana, into a country club, and moved to Monaco. With a particular interest in Baroque, Piasecka was a well-known art and antiques collector. She died on 1 April 2013 in Sobotka, and was buried in Wroclaw.
Barbara Piasecka Johnson Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Barbara Piasecka Johnson against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Barbara Piasecka Johnson
Date of Birth
Feb 25, 1937 (78 years old)
United States of America
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
ISIS Is The Wealthiest Terrorist Organization In History... How Exactly Did They Acquire This Wealth?on Nov 23, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
A Game-Worn Michael Jordan Jersey Just Sold For A Ridiculous Amount Of Money!on Nov 24, 2015
Billionaire Mario Gabelli Is Sick Of Paying For Cableon Nov 25, 2015
Adele's "25" On Pace To Become Fastest-Selling Album In U.S. Historyon Nov 25, 2015
Warren Buffett Has Very Simple Answer To The Question "How'd You Get So Rich?!?!"on Nov 23, 2015
This Former NFL Player Is Definitely NOT Going To End Up One Of Those Cliche Broke Athleteson Nov 24, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Everything You Need To Know From Week 11 Of The NFLThere were a lot of tough to watch games this week. In case you switched off your TV, here are all the highlights from Week 11.
- Top Ten Money Earners In NASCAR HistoryNASCAR drivers will not make the kind of money that NFL, NBA, and MLB players make, but drivers can still make a pretty penny for their labors. Over time those pennies can add up to be a whole lot of money.
- Gilbert Arenas Suing Former Financial Management Firm For $40 MillionGilbert Arenas made a good amount of money while in the NBA, but like many players, lost a lot due to poor management. He is now trying to recoup some of those losses by suing his former financial management company.
- The Koenigsegg Regera Has Lots Of Horsepower And Some Pretty Cool FeaturesFor $2 million, the Koenigsegg Regera not only comes with a whopping 1,500 horsepower, but it can also act like a Transformer.