Barbara Piasecka Johnson Net Worth: Barbara Piasecka Johnson was a Polish-born American heiress, art expert and collector who had a net worth of $4 billion. Born Barbara "Basia" Piasecka on 25 April 1937, in Poland, she graduated from Wroclaw University with a MA in Art History, and soon, she left Poland, with only $100. Initially hired as a cook by Esther Underwood Johnson, at the time the wife of Johnson & Johnson's heir J. Seward Jonson, Barbara turned out terrible in that position, so she switched several jobs within the family's chambermaid. Once she gave her professional opinion on how Seward overpaid one of his paintings, he was shocked to find out that she has profound knowledge in art and appointed her as a consultant in purchasing works of art. Later on, they fell in love, and by 1971, Johnson had divorced his wife to marry Piasecka. After 12 years of marriage, Johnson died and made Piasecka the primary beneficiary of his will, leaving her a massive fortune, including Johnson & Johnson's 18 million of shares. Left out from their father's will, Johnson's six children prosecuted on grounds that their father wasn't mentally capable, at the time he signed the will. The case went on trial, but they reached settlement, and the children were granted about 12% of the fortune, leaving Piasecka in control of the majority of the assets. Then, she transformed the family property, named Jasna Polana, into a country club, and moved to Monaco. With a particular interest in Baroque, Piasecka was a well-known art and antiques collector. She died on 1 April 2013 in Sobotka, and was buried in Wroclaw.
Barbara Piasecka Johnson Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Barbara Piasecka Johnson against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Barbara Piasecka Johnson
Date of Birth
Feb 25, 1937 - Apr 1, 2013 (76 years old)
United States of America
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Elon Musk Wants Tesla To Buy SolarCity For $2.8 Billionon Jun 23, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
2016's Highest-Paid Female Athleteson Jun 22, 2016
America's Richest Self-Made Woman Guided Her Company To Huge Success After The Sudden Loss Of Her Husbandon Jun 23, 2016
The S-110 Evo Venta Black Is The "World's Blackest Watch," And It Costs $95,000on Jun 23, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.
- The Largest Putting Tournament Ever Is Happening In Vegas Next Year, And You Could Go!With millions of dollars in prizes and options for everyone, it will be worth a trip to Vegas next year for the largest putting tournament in history. Do you think you have what it takes?