Lorne Michaels Net Worth: Lorne Michaels is a Canadian-American television producer and writer who has a net worth of $350 million. Lorne Michaels is most widely known as the creator, executive producer and creative mind behind "Saturday Night Live". He also produced various "SNL" spin-off films and series. He is also an award-winning writer and comedian with six Emmys for his writing work. Born Lorne Lipowitz on November 17, 1944, in Toronto, Ontario, he is best known for creating and producing Saturday Night Live. After he completed his education at the University of Toronto, where he also majored in English in 1966, Michaels started his career as a writer and broadcaster for CBC Radio. Two years later, he moved to LA to work as a writer for Laugh-In and The Beautiful Phyllis Diller Show. He had the chance to star along with Hart Pomerantz in The Hart and Lorne Terrific Hour, a Canadian comedy series which ran briefly in the early 1970s. Next, he wrote a comedy for American TV titled Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In before heading for New York and starting SNL in 1975. In addition to creating the long-running show that spawned the careers of distinct comedians (like John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin and Mike Myers), Michaels' production company has had many other successes in television. Among his most notable productions are Kids in the Hall (1989-94) and Late Night with Conan O'Brien (1993-present), as well as Emmy-winning TV specials for Paul Simon and Lily Tomlin. What's more, he has produced several feature films, including Three Amigos (1986), Wayne's World(1992) and Coneheads (1993). Lorne Michaels was inducted into the Television Academy of Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame in 1999. With two divorces behind, he is currently married to his former assistant Alice Barry, with whom he has three children.
Lorne Michaels Net Worth
Date of Birth
Nov 17, 1944 (71 years old)
Screenwriter, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)
Lorne David Lipowitz, Lorne Michael Lipowitz, lorne_michaels, Lorne 'Bud' Michaels, Lorne Lipowitz
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last Yearon May 3, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
The Top 10 College Majors Of Billionaireson May 2, 2016
Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net Worthon May 2, 2016
The Billionaire Developer Who Changed The Way Southern Californians Shopon May 2, 2016
Lorne Michaels Earnings
- Saturday Night Live$115,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate TycoonsReal estate is almost always a good investment and these 10 people prove that. They are the wealthiest real estate tycoons in the world, with a combined net worth of $123 billion. They have made the bulk of their net worth from real estate development, management, and/or investment.
- Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism AccusationsLegendary rock band Led Zeppelin lost its latest bid to prevent a trial over allegations it plagiarized its iconic Stairway to Heaven song. A judge recently ruled that there was enough evidence to bring the lawsuit to trial.
- Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!Hamdi Ulukaya, the founder of Chobani Yogurt has gone and proven once again what an amazing human being he is. He's giving his 2,000 full-time employees a stake in his company that could make some of them millionaires.
- Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%As the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign marches on, more and more bizarre things keep happening. Billionaire George Soros has been analyzing China's economy and he notices a troubling pattern, and remember when Sheldon Adelson bought the Las Vegas Review Journal and people started freaking out? Well now one respected columnist has a real reason to worry.