Lorne Michaels Net Worth: Lorne Michaels is a Canadian-American television producer and writer who has a net worth of $350 million. Lorne Michaels is most widely known as the creator, executive producer and creative mind behind "Saturday Night Live". He also produced various "SNL" spin-off films and series. He is also an award-winning writer and comedian with six Emmys for his writing work. Born Lorne Lipowitz on November 17, 1944, in Toronto, Ontario, he is best known for creating and producing Saturday Night Live. After he completed his education at the University of Toronto, where he also majored in English in 1966, Michaels started his career as a writer and broadcaster for CBC Radio. Two years later, he moved to LA to work as a writer for Laugh-In and The Beautiful Phyllis Diller Show. He had the chance to star along with Hart Pomerantz in The Hart and Lorne Terrific Hour, a Canadian comedy series which ran briefly in the early 1970s. Next, he wrote a comedy for American TV titled Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In before heading for New York and starting SNL in 1975. In addition to creating the long-running show that spawned the careers of distinct comedians (like John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin and Mike Myers), Michaels' production company has had many other successes in television. Among his most notable productions are Kids in the Hall (1989-94) and Late Night with Conan O'Brien (1993-present), as well as Emmy-winning TV specials for Paul Simon and Lily Tomlin. What's more, he has produced several feature films, including Three Amigos (1986), Wayne's World(1992) and Coneheads (1993). Lorne Michaels was inducted into the Television Academy of Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame in 1999. With two divorces behind, he is currently married to his former assistant Alice Barry, with whom he has three children.
Lorne Michaels Net Worth
Date of Birth
Nov 17, 1944 (71 years old)
Screenwriter, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)
Lorne David Lipowitz, Lorne Michael Lipowitz, lorne_michaels, Lorne 'Bud' Michaels, Lorne Lipowitz
Kanye West Just Signed A Deal With Adidas That Could Make Him A BILLIONAIREon Jun 30, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
The World's Third-Youngest Billionaire Is Rich Thanks To Fish Farmingon Jun 30, 2016
Drake Is Worth An Estimated $3 Billion To His Hometown Of Torontoon Jun 30, 2016
Paul Allen Unveils Stratolaunch, The World's Largest Airplaneon Jun 30, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
From Broke To A $180M Business: The Story Behind Daniel Wellingtonon Jun 30, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Lorne Michaels Earnings
- Saturday Night Live$115,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...July 1st is not just the first day of a new month, it's also Bobby Bonilla day! That's the day when the NY Mets direct deposit $1.2 million to the account of a 53-year-old man who has been retired for over a decade...
- Brexit Causes Economic Upheaval: World's Richest People To Lose BillionsBrexit has seriously shaken the world markets... and has caused the world's richest people to lose billions in the process.
- Jose Reyes Is Getting A Ton Of Money Just For Being Released By The RockiesAfter a domestic abuse case was brought against him, the Colorado Rockies tried to trade infielder Jose Reyes. They couldn't find any takers, though, and now they owe him a ton of money.
- 2 Million Pound Wimbledon Prize Now Worth Significantly Less After Brexit VoteThanks to the Brexit vote and the resultant plunge of the British pound, that two million pound top prize for winning Wimbledon ain't what it used to be.