Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth: Andrew Lloyd Webber is a British composer and impresario of theatre who has a net worth of $1.2 billion. Andrew Lloyd Webber was born March 22, 1948 in Kensington, England. His father was the director of the London College of Music, his mother was a piano teacher and his younger brother, Julian, is a renowned cellist. A true prodigy, early in life Lloyd Webber played the piano, the violin (at age 3) and the French horn, and began writing his own music (at age 6). At 17 years old, Lloyd Webber received a letter from 21-year-old law student Tim Rice. It read, in full: "Dearest Andrew, I've been told you're looking for a 'with it' writer of lyrics for your songs, and as I've been writing pop songs for a while and particularly enjoy writing the lyrics, I wonder if you consider it worth your while meeting me. In 1965, Lloyd Webber and Rice began working on their first musical, The Likes of Us, which didn't reach the stage at the time. They were soon commissioned to write a religious concert, and over the next two months the pair crafted a 20-minute "pop-cantata" version of what would one day become Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, a retelling of the biblical story of Joseph. The play debuted on March 1, 1968 and was an instant success. The pair's next project was Jesus Christ Superstar (1971), presenting pop music in classical operatic form. The '80s saw the end of the Rice-Lloyd Webber collaboration, but it also marked Lloyd Webber's blockbuster era. First up was Cats, based on the poetry of T.S. Eliot. Lloyd Webber's next hit, and his biggest to date, was The Phantom of the Opera, based on the French novel Le Fantôme de l'Opéra by Gaston Leroux. Phantom debuted in London in 1986 and has gone on to be the longest-running Broadway show in history. It celebrated its 10,000th performance on Broadway on February 11, 2012. Collecting a variety of honors along the way, Lloyd Webber has been 'knighted', won seven Tony Awards, three Grammy Awards, an Academy Award and the Kennedy Center Honors Award. Andrew Lloyd Webber has created some of the most recognizable Broadway music of all time.
Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Andrew Lloyd Webber against
- Random Celebrity
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Date of Birth
Mar 22, 1948 (67 years old)
Composer, Businessperson, Songwriter, Theatre Director, Impresario, TV Personality, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Film Score Composer
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Andrew Lloyd-Webber, Andrew Webber, Webber Andrew Lloyd, Lloyd Webber, AndrewLloydWebber, A.L.Webber, Andrew Loyd Webber, Baron Lloyd-Webber, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lord Lloyd Webbe
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A Billionaireon Nov 27, 2015
Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over Underwearon Nov 26, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini Huracánon Nov 27, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?If you ever own a BMW and you feel like showing off your driving skills, please don't follow this guy's example...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.
- Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For StuffingWhile many Americans are prepping to roast Tom Turkey and raise a glass in a toast, the world's billionaires are off doing what billionaires do- spending money, helping the world, preparing for fatherhood, detailing what happened when they were kidnapped… you know, just a typical day in the life of a billionaire.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.