Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth: Andrew Lloyd Webber is a British composer and impresario of theatre who has a net worth of $1.2 billion. Andrew Lloyd Webber was born March 22, 1948 in Kensington, England. His father was the director of the London College of Music, his mother was a piano teacher and his younger brother, Julian, is a renowned cellist. A true prodigy, early in life Lloyd Webber played the piano, the violin (at age 3) and the French horn, and began writing his own music (at age 6). At 17 years old, Lloyd Webber received a letter from 21-year-old law student Tim Rice. It read, in full: "Dearest Andrew, I've been told you're looking for a 'with it' writer of lyrics for your songs, and as I've been writing pop songs for a while and particularly enjoy writing the lyrics, I wonder if you consider it worth your while meeting me. In 1965, Lloyd Webber and Rice began working on their first musical, The Likes of Us, which didn't reach the stage at the time. They were soon commissioned to write a religious concert, and over the next two months the pair crafted a 20-minute "pop-cantata" version of what would one day become Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, a retelling of the biblical story of Joseph. The play debuted on March 1, 1968 and was an instant success. The pair's next project was Jesus Christ Superstar (1971), presenting pop music in classical operatic form. The '80s saw the end of the Rice-Lloyd Webber collaboration, but it also marked Lloyd Webber's blockbuster era. First up was Cats, based on the poetry of T.S. Eliot. Lloyd Webber's next hit, and his biggest to date, was The Phantom of the Opera, based on the French novel Le Fantôme de l'Opéra by Gaston Leroux. Phantom debuted in London in 1986 and has gone on to be the longest-running Broadway show in history. It celebrated its 10,000th performance on Broadway on February 11, 2012. Collecting a variety of honors along the way, Lloyd Webber has been 'knighted', won seven Tony Awards, three Grammy Awards, an Academy Award and the Kennedy Center Honors Award. Andrew Lloyd Webber has created some of the most recognizable Broadway music of all time.
Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Andrew Lloyd Webber against
- Random Celebrity
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Date of Birth
Mar 22, 1948 (68 years old)
Composer, Businessperson, Songwriter, Theatre Director, Impresario, TV Personality, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Film Score Composer
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Andrew Lloyd-Webber, Andrew Webber, Webber Andrew Lloyd, Lloyd Webber, AndrewLloydWebber, A.L.Webber, Andrew Loyd Webber, Baron Lloyd-Webber, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lord Lloyd Webbe
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last Yearon May 3, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
Drake's 'Views From The 6' Went Gold In One Day!on May 4, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
It Doesn't Pay (As Well) To Be The No. 1 Pick In The NFL Draft This Yearon May 4, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Mariah Carey's Voice, Legs Insured For $70 MillionIf you've ever thought that tickets to one of Mariah's concerts cost an arm and a leg, maybe this is the reason why!
- Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net WorthThe world remains shocked at the death of 57-year-old musical icon Prince – a passing that has left his $300 million fortune (a number likely to grow) in limbo. With no will, Prince's family is urging the government to step in.
- Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil DependencySaudi Arabia's Prince Mohammed Bin Salman says that by 2020, his country – which sees about 75% of its revenue come from the oil industry – will be able to live without oil. By 2030, he predicts a national financial fund revolution. How? By raising a $2 trillion fund, of course.
- The Top 10 College Majors Of BillionairesThese are the 10 most popular college majors of the 100 wealthiest billionaires on earth. Spoiler Alert: Don't hold your breath, Liberal arts majors.