Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth: Andrew Lloyd Webber is a British composer and impresario of theatre who has a net worth of $1.2 billion. Andrew Lloyd Webber was born March 22, 1948 in Kensington, England. His father was the director of the London College of Music, his mother was a piano teacher and his younger brother, Julian, is a renowned cellist. A true prodigy, early in life Lloyd Webber played the piano, the violin (at age 3) and the French horn, and began writing his own music (at age 6). At 17 years old, Lloyd Webber received a letter from 21-year-old law student Tim Rice. It read, in full: "Dearest Andrew, I've been told you're looking for a 'with it' writer of lyrics for your songs, and as I've been writing pop songs for a while and particularly enjoy writing the lyrics, I wonder if you consider it worth your while meeting me. In 1965, Lloyd Webber and Rice began working on their first musical, The Likes of Us, which didn't reach the stage at the time. They were soon commissioned to write a religious concert, and over the next two months the pair crafted a 20-minute "pop-cantata" version of what would one day become Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, a retelling of the biblical story of Joseph. The play debuted on March 1, 1968 and was an instant success. The pair's next project was Jesus Christ Superstar (1971), presenting pop music in classical operatic form. The '80s saw the end of the Rice-Lloyd Webber collaboration, but it also marked Lloyd Webber's blockbuster era. First up was Cats, based on the poetry of T.S. Eliot. Lloyd Webber's next hit, and his biggest to date, was The Phantom of the Opera, based on the French novel Le Fantôme de l'Opéra by Gaston Leroux. Phantom debuted in London in 1986 and has gone on to be the longest-running Broadway show in history. It celebrated its 10,000th performance on Broadway on February 11, 2012. Collecting a variety of honors along the way, Lloyd Webber has been 'knighted', won seven Tony Awards, three Grammy Awards, an Academy Award and the Kennedy Center Honors Award. Andrew Lloyd Webber has created some of the most recognizable Broadway music of all time.
Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Andrew Lloyd Webber against
- Random Celebrity
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Date of Birth
Mar 22, 1948 (67 years old)
Composer, Businessperson, Songwriter, Theatre Director, Impresario, TV Personality, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Film Score Composer
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Andrew Lloyd-Webber, Andrew Webber, Webber Andrew Lloyd, Lloyd Webber, AndrewLloydWebber, A.L.Webber, Andrew Loyd Webber, Baron Lloyd-Webber, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lord Lloyd Webbe
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Spent $3.5 Million To Lock Down The 2017 Bugatti Chironon Feb 1, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
The President's Million Dollar Buson Feb 5, 2016
You'll Never Guess How Much Revenue The Original Arcade Version Of NBA Jams Generatedon Feb 6, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 MillionJohn Legend and Chrissy Teigen have a baby on the way and they must have felt the need to have a little more space, so they bought an 8,520 square foot mansion formerly owned by Rihanna, for $14.1 million.
- The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!Back in 1984, Pat Bowlen purchased the Broncos for a very modest amount. How much are they worth today?
- Billionaire Roundup: Trump Is Subject Of Erotic Novel; Sheldon Adelson Tightens The Reigns And More Billionaire ShenanigansThere is an erotic novel about Donald Trump and it is a huge hit on Amazon. Find out about this and other billionaire shenanigans in this week's Billionaire Roundup.
- The First New Acura NSX Just Sold For Over $1 MillionNASCAR tycoon Rick Hendrick of Hendrick Motorsports purchased the very first 2017 Acura NSX hybrid that rolled off the line, for $1.2 million.