Craig Silverstein Net Worth: Craig Silverstein is an American businessman, technology guru, and writer who has a net worth of $950 million. Craig Silverstein has the distinction of being the very first employee hired by Google. Craig left his doctoral studies at Stanford University in 1998, to join his fellow grad students Sergey Brin and Larry Page in a nearby garage to build the now famed search engine. He created many of the original IT components to support Google's deployment and growth. He served as the company's Director of Technology and helped develop the algorithms used by the search engine while it was still being developed at Stanford University, where he was pursuing his doctorate degree. In 2012, Silverstein left Google in order to take a job at Khan Academy, a start-up company that is a web-based learning site using projects, exercises, and videos to help teach. Silverstein said he likes the educational methods used by the new company and hopes its tools will help change learning strategies. Silverstein earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Harvard College in computer science. He is pursuing a computer science Ph.D. at Stanford University. Silverstein is particularly interested in how to cluster large data sets and creating super-efficient data structures. He made a five-million-dollar donation to the Sebastian Ferrero Foundation in 2009, an organization that is dedicated to creating a children's hospital in Gainesville, Florida, where Silverstein grew up. He proposed to his long-time girlfriend, iPad app developer Mary, on top of the Eiffel Tower in late 2013.
Craig Silverstein Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Craig Silverstein against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Lil Wayne Makes Shocking Claims About Birdman Fleecing Millions From Drake, Nicki Minaj And Moreon Oct 8, 2015
Pierre Cardin Lists His Bizarre South Of France Mansion For $450 Millionon Oct 8, 2015
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
Some Athletes Go Broke In Retirement. David Robinson Just Luanched His SECOND Private-Equity Fundon Oct 7, 2015
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
10 Of Angelina Jolie's Top Earning Film Roleson Oct 8, 2015
Some Of The Most Eccentric Billionaires And Millionaireson Oct 7, 2015
Wait Til You Hear How Much The Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist's Ex-Wife Wants Per Monthon Oct 8, 2015
How Much Has Sofia Vergara Made From Her Major Film Roles?on Oct 7, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Did A Draft Kings Employee Use Inside Information To Win BIG MONEY Off Arch Rival Fan Duel?Draft Kings and Fan Duel give fantasy players a chance to win $1 million, but is it worth it to play if someone working for the company is cheating?
- You Won't Believe How Much Hard Rock Café Founder Just Dropped On Two NYC CondosAnother day, another rich person dropping crazy cash on amazing real estate. This time, it's Hard Rock Café and Morton's Steakhouse founder Peter Morton, and the place is Manhattan.
- How Much Can You Make Behind The Scenes in Hollywood?If you don't have your acting chops down, perhaps you could make some good money as a writer, producer, or maybe even a stunt person.
- Weekend Box Office Review For October 2nd – October 4thThis weekend, The Martian opened at #1, but how did other movies stack up?