Craig Silverstein Net Worth: Craig Silverstein is an American businessman, technology guru, and writer who has a net worth of $950 million. Craig Silverstein has the distinction of being the very first employee hired by Google. Craig left his doctoral studies at Stanford University in 1998, to join his fellow grad students Sergey Brin and Larry Page in a nearby garage to build the now famed search engine. He created many of the original IT components to support Google's deployment and growth. He served as the company's Director of Technology and helped develop the algorithms used by the search engine while it was still being developed at Stanford University, where he was pursuing his doctorate degree. In 2012, Silverstein left Google in order to take a job at Khan Academy, a start-up company that is a web-based learning site using projects, exercises, and videos to help teach. Silverstein said he likes the educational methods used by the new company and hopes its tools will help change learning strategies. Silverstein earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Harvard College in computer science. He is pursuing a computer science Ph.D. at Stanford University. Silverstein is particularly interested in how to cluster large data sets and creating super-efficient data structures. He made a five-million-dollar donation to the Sebastian Ferrero Foundation in 2009, an organization that is dedicated to creating a children's hospital in Gainesville, Florida, where Silverstein grew up. He proposed to his long-time girlfriend, iPad app developer Mary, on top of the Eiffel Tower in late 2013.
Craig Silverstein Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Craig Silverstein against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball Cardson Feb 12, 2016
Jackie Chan Drops $20 Million On A Gorgeous New Private Jeton Feb 12, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?on Feb 12, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!on Feb 11, 2016
Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism Lawsuiton Feb 12, 2016
Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As Muchon Feb 12, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- How Rich Are The Supreme Court Justices?What are the salaries and net worths of each of the United States Supreme Court Justices?
- Ciara Sues Future Files $15 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend FutureCiara is suing Future for an amount that it doesn't look like he would even be able to pay if she wins. Check out the details here.
- Fight With Equipment Manager Will Cost Blake Griffin $859,442Blake Griffin has been out of the Clippers lineup with a quadriceps injury, will miss more time as he recovers from a broken hand, and it looks like he will miss a few more games and lose close to $900K for beating up the team's equipment manager.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Picture Of A Potato? I Hope Not This Much!Johnny Depp; Yoko Ono; Bob Geldof; Dustin Hoffman: for one photographer, they're all mere child's play, compared to a potato.