Procter and Gamble net worth: Procter and Gamble's net worth is $200 billion. Procter and Gamble was founded in the late 1830s, and began as a business venture between British candlemaker, William Procter, and Irish soapmaker, James Gamble, who had married a pair of sisters in the United States. By the late 1850s, they were doing $1 million in business each year. The company's early profits further benefited from the Civil War, as they were contracted to supply soap and candles for the Union Army. After the war ended, many soldiers continued to use their products. However, it was the development of their most famous product, Ivory Soap, which cemented the company's continued success. Marketed as "the soap that floats", Ivory became a massively successful product, and Procter and Gamble began a profit-sharing program with its workers, which ensured workforce loyalty. In the early 1900s, they began diversifying, starting with the cooking product, Crisco, and then jumping on the radio programming bandwagon. The term, "soap opera", is based on the number of radio dramas Procter and Gamble underwrote during the 1920s and 30s. They further expanded their holdings throughout the 40s and 50s, adding such products as Tide, Prell, Charmin, Pampers, and the first fluoride toothpaste, Crest. Since then, the company has continued to expand worldwide, and now manufactures 31 brands that earn more than $1 billion each other, along with a wide range of lesser-selling items. Though the company has consistently appeared on the list of "The World's Most Admired Companies", it has also had to recall products such as its Rely Tampons, which were found to cause abnormal rates of TSS, and was recently charged with price fixing in Europe, resulting in a $211.2 million Euro fine. Procter and Gamble currently employs 129,000 people around the world.
Procter and Gamble Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Procter and Gamble against
- Random Celebrity
Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble Co, Procter & Gamble Company, P&G, PROCTER & GAMBLE CO /TA
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting ConditionIn the latest story of an athlete leaving a rental home in less than stellar shape, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant is being sued for wreaking havoc on a property he lived in for less than two years.
- Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15If July 15th rolls around and the Broncos haven't offered Miller enough cash, they will likely lose their superstar linebacker forever.
- Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 MillionAccording to the SEC, Ash Narayan fraudulently invested over $30 million of the athletes' money in The Ticket Reserve, a failing online ticketing platform.
- Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?The Israeli government is considering a proposal to build an artificial island off the small Gaza Strip coast for $5 billion. The island would be used mainly as an airport and seaport.