William Clay Ford, Jr. Net Worth: William Clay Ford, Jr. is an American businessman who has a net worth of $1 billion dollars. William Clay Ford, Jr. was born May 13, 1957 in Detroit, Michigan. Ford is the great-grandson of Henry Ford and best known as the Executive Chairman of Ford Motor Company. Ford is also the Vice Chairman of the Detroit Lions NFL franchise. William Clay Ford, Jr. is a lifelong futurist on urban mobility and the environment. He holds an M.S. in Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a B.A. from Princeton University. He joined the Ford company in 1979 and held a variety of positions, beginning in product development and also serving on the financial staff, a grooming ground for future executives. He briefly headed the Climate Control Division. Ford gave up an executive position in heavy truck program management to become chairman of the finance committee on the Board of Directors, a non-executive corporate position. He was elected Chairman of the Board in September 1998 and took office on January 1, 1999. Ford added the title of CEO to his résumé on October 30, 2001, following the dismissal of then-CEO Jacques Nasser, a move to change corporate values focus from maximizing corporate profits and shareholder value to valuing people and tradition. With the retirement of Ford President and COO Jim Padilla in 2006, Ford assumed those roles as well. Also in 2006, Ford announced he was stepping down as President and CEO, naming former Boeing senior executive Alan Mulally as his replacement. Ford continues as the company's Executive Chairman. In 2011, Ford was inducted into Irish America magazine's Hall of Fame.
William Clay Ford Jr Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare William Clay Ford, Jr against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
William Clay Ford, Jr.
Date of Birth
May 3, 1957 (58 years old)
United States of America
William Ford Jr, William C. Ford, Jr., William "Bill" Ford Jr.
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!on May 1, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism Accusationson May 1, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%on Apr 30, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Original Handwritten "Laws of Base Ball" Sold For $3.26 Million At AuctionThe documents dating back to the 1800s and now known as the "Laws of Base Ball" are now an incredibly valuable historical object, having fetched $3.26 million at auction over the weekend.
- Millionaire Coal Baron Gets One-Year Prison Sentence for Mine Safety ConspiracyThe millionaire former-CEO of a coal mining company was recently sentenced to a one-year prison term and a $250,000 fine after he was found guilty of violating mine safety standards. In 2010, an explosion linked to unsafe working conditions in one of his company's mines killed 29 workers.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.