Gottfrid Svartholm Net Worth: Gottfrid Svartholm is a Swedish computer specialist who has a net worth of $12 million dollars. A computer programmer, Gottfrid Svartholm co-owns PRQ, a web development company, and co-founded, "The Pirate Bay", a BitTorrent site. Born Per Gottfrid Svartholm Warg on October 17, 1984, in Sweden, he made a name for himself as an ex co-owner of the web hosting company PRQ and co-founder of the BitTorrent site The Pirate Bay along with Fredrik Neij and Peter Sunde. Gottfrid, also known under the nickname "Anakata," is the man behind the tracker software Hypercube, the open source software under no specific license that was used to run The Pirate Bay web site and tracker. Unlike users, the copyright owners were not happy with Pirate Bay's operation. Thus, it didn't take long for the Pirate Bay operators (Sunde, Neij, Svartholm and Carl Lundstrom) to get charged with "promoting other people's infringement of copyright laws." In a year-long trial, the four were found guilty at the Stockholm district court on April 17, 2009. Svartholm spent several years living abroad until being arrested on August 30, 2012, by Cambodia police in Phnom Penh upon the request of the Swedish authorities. Since Pirate Bay existence and its legal troubles were making the headlines, Gottfrid along with his partners were interviewed about the May 2006 police raid of The Pirate Bay and parts of the talk got featured in Good Copy Bad Copy and Steal This Film. Svartholm also appears in the 2013 documentary TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard. But that's not all. Prior to Pirate Bay, Gottfrid started one more notorious website, Americas Dumbest Soldiers, which provided a list of deceased US soldiers in the Iraq War and asked users to rate the soldiers how "dumb" they were based on the way they died. The site was eventually removed.
Gottfrid Svartholm Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Gottfrid Svartholm against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 17, 1984 (31 years old)
anakata, Per Gottfrid Svartholm Warg
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting Conditionon Jun 29, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15If July 15th rolls around and the Broncos haven't offered Miller enough cash, they will likely lose their superstar linebacker forever.
- Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?The Israeli government is considering a proposal to build an artificial island off the small Gaza Strip coast for $5 billion. The island would be used mainly as an airport and seaport.
- Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With CarCrosby was driving near his home in Santa Ynez Valley when he struck Jose Luquin, who was jogging on the side of the road with his son. He has agreed to pay $3.0 million in damages to settle the suit.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.