Gottfrid Svartholm Net Worth: Gottfrid Svartholm is a Swedish computer specialist who has a net worth of $12 million dollars. A computer programmer, Gottfrid Svartholm co-owns PRQ, a web development company, and co-founded, "The Pirate Bay", a BitTorrent site. Born Per Gottfrid Svartholm Warg on October 17, 1984, in Sweden, he made a name for himself as an ex co-owner of the web hosting company PRQ and co-founder of the BitTorrent site The Pirate Bay along with Fredrik Neij and Peter Sunde. Gottfrid, also known under the nickname "Anakata," is the man behind the tracker software Hypercube, the open source software under no specific license that was used to run The Pirate Bay web site and tracker. Unlike users, the copyright owners were not happy with Pirate Bay's operation. Thus, it didn't take long for the Pirate Bay operators (Sunde, Neij, Svartholm and Carl Lundstrom) to get charged with "promoting other people's infringement of copyright laws." In a year-long trial, the four were found guilty at the Stockholm district court on April 17, 2009. Svartholm spent several years living abroad until being arrested on August 30, 2012, by Cambodia police in Phnom Penh upon the request of the Swedish authorities. Since Pirate Bay existence and its legal troubles were making the headlines, Gottfrid along with his partners were interviewed about the May 2006 police raid of The Pirate Bay and parts of the talk got featured in Good Copy Bad Copy and Steal This Film. Svartholm also appears in the 2013 documentary TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard. But that's not all. Prior to Pirate Bay, Gottfrid started one more notorious website, Americas Dumbest Soldiers, which provided a list of deceased US soldiers in the Iraq War and asked users to rate the soldiers how "dumb" they were based on the way they died. The site was eventually removed.
Gottfrid Svartholm Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Gottfrid Svartholm against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 17, 1984 (31 years old)
anakata, Per Gottfrid Svartholm Warg
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball Cardson Feb 12, 2016
Jackie Chan Drops $20 Million On A Gorgeous New Private Jeton Feb 12, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?on Feb 12, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism Lawsuiton Feb 12, 2016
Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As Muchon Feb 12, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Ciara Sues Future Files $15 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend FutureCiara is suing Future for an amount that it doesn't look like he would even be able to pay if she wins. Check out the details here.
- Fight With Equipment Manager Will Cost Blake Griffin $859,442Blake Griffin has been out of the Clippers lineup with a quadriceps injury, will miss more time as he recovers from a broken hand, and it looks like he will miss a few more games and lose close to $900K for beating up the team's equipment manager.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Picture Of A Potato? I Hope Not This Much!Johnny Depp; Yoko Ono; Bob Geldof; Dustin Hoffman: for one photographer, they're all mere child's play, compared to a potato.
- Billionaire Roundup: Valentine's Day EditionIt is another week and our favorite billionaires (and millionaires) are out and about in the world doing what they do best: spending money and running their mouths....let's take a look at what they've been up to.