Gottfrid Svartholm Net Worth: Gottfrid Svartholm is a Swedish computer specialist who has a net worth of $12 million dollars. A computer programmer, Gottfrid Svartholm co-owns PRQ, a web development company, and co-founded, "The Pirate Bay", a BitTorrent site. Born Per Gottfrid Svartholm Warg on October 17, 1984, in Sweden, he made a name for himself as an ex co-owner of the web hosting company PRQ and co-founder of the BitTorrent site The Pirate Bay along with Fredrik Neij and Peter Sunde. Gottfrid, also known under the nickname "Anakata," is the man behind the tracker software Hypercube, the open source software under no specific license that was used to run The Pirate Bay web site and tracker. Unlike users, the copyright owners were not happy with Pirate Bay's operation. Thus, it didn't take long for the Pirate Bay operators (Sunde, Neij, Svartholm and Carl Lundstrom) to get charged with "promoting other people's infringement of copyright laws." In a year-long trial, the four were found guilty at the Stockholm district court on April 17, 2009. Svartholm spent several years living abroad until being arrested on August 30, 2012, by Cambodia police in Phnom Penh upon the request of the Swedish authorities. Since Pirate Bay existence and its legal troubles were making the headlines, Gottfrid along with his partners were interviewed about the May 2006 police raid of The Pirate Bay and parts of the talk got featured in Good Copy Bad Copy and Steal This Film. Svartholm also appears in the 2013 documentary TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard. But that's not all. Prior to Pirate Bay, Gottfrid started one more notorious website, Americas Dumbest Soldiers, which provided a list of deceased US soldiers in the Iraq War and asked users to rate the soldiers how "dumb" they were based on the way they died. The site was eventually removed.
Gottfrid Svartholm Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Gottfrid Svartholm against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 17, 1984 (30 years old)
anakata, Per Gottfrid Svartholm Warg
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
Tom Cruise Reportedly Sells Hidden Hills Scientology Getaway For $11.4 Million!on Oct 4, 2015
How Much Is The Cast Of Saved By The Bell Worth Today?on Sep 29, 2015
The 20 Richest People In The World Right Nowon Oct 1, 2015
Jon Gruden Has $6.5 Million Reasons To Never Coach An NFL Team Againon Oct 4, 2015
The University Of Florida Could Have Owned Gatorade For $10k – Instead, Four Teachers Made $1 Billionon Oct 3, 2015
This NBA Rookie Says He Can't Afford To Live In NYC On His $1.33 Million Salary...on Sep 28, 2015
Derrick Rose Is Basically Just Stealing Money From The Bulls Nowon Oct 2, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- 22 Year Old Jordan Spieth Was Relatively Unknown A Year Ago. And He'll Make $50 Million In 2015.Jordan Spieth has had one of the best individual seasons in any professional sport. And it's earned him a huge amount of money.
- A Classic Jaguar XJ220 Is Going Up For AuctionHalf a million dollars could buy you a very limited classic Jaguar XJ200, which has held multiple speed records.
- $15 Million Picasso Painting That Was Missing For 15 Years Suddenly Shows Up In New JerseyAuthorities were able to find the proverbial needle in a haystack when they found a Picasso in a package sent from Belgium to New York.
- This Week In Celebrity Car News (September 25 – October 1)This week, celebrities have been buying, selling, customizing, and crashing their cars so let's take a closer look.