Elisabeth Murdoch Net Worth: Elisabeth Murdoch is a British American television industry and international media executive who has a net worth of $375 million. Elisabeth Murdoch was born on August 22 1968, in Sydney, Australia. She currently serves as the Chairman and CEO of Shine Limited, a media production company with offices in London and Manchester. Being the daughter of international media mogul Rupert Murdoch, Elisabeth had the chance to attend notable schools in New York City before eventually graduating from Vassar College. After graduation, she started her career as a manager at her father's FX Networks, a cable TV service located in Los Angeles, California. It was in 1994 that Murdoch made her first acquisition together with her then husband, Elkin Kwesi Pianim, buying a pair of NBC-affiliate television stations, KSBW and KSBY, in California on a US$35 million loan provided by her father. In less than a year and a half, the pair re-arranged and re-sold the stations at an incredible $12 million profit. Next, Elizabeth moved with her husband to England, where she landed a key role in BSkyB, where her father shared the CEO position with Sam Chisholm at the time. Eventually, she took over the position of a Managing Director and during her tenure BSkyB became one of the most profitable companies in the UK. However, she went on to veer out on her own as a television and film producer in London, following a public quarrel with Chisholm. After a futile attempt to set up a film and production unit similar to BBC Films and Film4 Productions, Elisabeth successfully established Shine Limited in March 2001. She owns 80% of the company, with 15% of the shares are owned by Lord Alli and 5% owned by BskyB. In 2011, she sold Shine to News Corporation, but she is still Chairman and CEO at Shine.
Elisabeth Murdoch Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Elisabeth Murdoch against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Aug 22, 1968 (47 years old)
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With Caron Jun 27, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- SoftBank CEO Nikesh Arora Steps Down For Masayoshi SonWhy is Masayoshi coming back as leader of SoftBank after offering the job to Arora? What does he have planned?
- Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism ChargesThey're innocent! After a lengthy legal battle, legendary rock band Led Zeppelin was recently found not guilty of plagiarizing the opening riff to its iconic Stairway to Heaven song from a lesser-known band.
- Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home CountryBelhassen Trabelsi is a Tunisian billionaire refugee and he is missing. It turns out that his missing status is quite convenient, as he was about to be deported from Canada, to face charges back at home.