Elisabeth Murdoch Net Worth: Elisabeth Murdoch is a British American television industry and international media executive who has a net worth of $375 million. Elisabeth Murdoch was born on August 22 1968, in Sydney, Australia. She currently serves as the Chairman and CEO of Shine Limited, a media production company with offices in London and Manchester. Being the daughter of international media mogul Rupert Murdoch, Elisabeth had the chance to attend notable schools in New York City before eventually graduating from Vassar College. After graduation, she started her career as a manager at her father's FX Networks, a cable TV service located in Los Angeles, California. It was in 1994 that Murdoch made her first acquisition together with her then husband, Elkin Kwesi Pianim, buying a pair of NBC-affiliate television stations, KSBW and KSBY, in California on a US$35 million loan provided by her father. In less than a year and a half, the pair re-arranged and re-sold the stations at an incredible $12 million profit. Next, Elizabeth moved with her husband to England, where she landed a key role in BSkyB, where her father shared the CEO position with Sam Chisholm at the time. Eventually, she took over the position of a Managing Director and during her tenure BSkyB became one of the most profitable companies in the UK. However, she went on to veer out on her own as a television and film producer in London, following a public quarrel with Chisholm. After a futile attempt to set up a film and production unit similar to BBC Films and Film4 Productions, Elisabeth successfully established Shine Limited in March 2001. She owns 80% of the company, with 15% of the shares are owned by Lord Alli and 5% owned by BskyB. In 2011, she sold Shine to News Corporation, but she is still Chairman and CEO at Shine.
Elisabeth Murdoch Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Elisabeth Murdoch against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Aug 22, 1968 (47 years old)
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
El Chapo's United States Extradition Approved By Mexicoon May 24, 2016
How Much Did the Clintons Make From Paid Speeches in 2015?on May 23, 2016
Donald Trump Brags About His Billions, But Downplays Worth to Tax Collectorson May 24, 2016
Cayman Islands Are the Third-Biggest Foreign Owner of US Debton May 24, 2016
Donald Trump May Not Be Worth $10 Billion, But He's Still Very Richon May 22, 2016
David Hasselhoff Claims He Is BROKE. His Wife Begs To Differ...on May 20, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Alanis Morissette Sues Business ManagerAlanis Morissette has fired her manager, Jonathan Schwartz, and is suing him for upwards of $15 million. Morissette claims Schwartz has been stealing millions from her accounts without her knowledge or consent.
- China Tops Panama Papers List of People And Companies Hiding Money In Offshore AccountsThe Panama Papers leak reveals that China tops the list of people and companies with the most secret offshore bank accounts in the world. Government censors are working to scrub any mention of the leak in media reports and on the Internet.
- A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty SumMaster P is going to have to fork over some money to his ex-wife Sonya Miller – here's why...
- How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?Obviously, the Celebrity Net Worth staff spends a lot of time talking and writing about billionaires. In that spirit, I recently wondered how long it would take the average person making the average salary to amass the multi-billion dollar fortune of the richest person in their country?