Sandy Koufax net worth: Sandy Koufax is an American former professional baseball player who has a net worth of $10 million dollars. Sandy Koufax was born in Brooklyn, New York, and was focused on a career in basketball rather than baseball initially. During a teacher salary dispute that left his high school without an athletics program, he began playing baseball with a local youth league. He went on to attend the University of Cincinnati, where again, he played basketball. He joined the baseball team his junior year, and quickly made a name for himself. He tried out for multiple professional teams the following year, and buzz about his tremendous fastball began drawing recruiters from various teams. He subsequently signed with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1955. He struggled initially, as his large bonus forced him to spend his first two years in the Major Leagues, rather than building up his skills in the Minor Leagues. It was not until 1961 that he finally hit his stride. He then dominated Major League Baseball for the next few years, before injuries began to take their toll. In 1965, he pitched the first perfect game by a left-handed pitcher since 1880. He retired in 1966, after winning multiple Cy Young Awards and a host of other honors.
Sandy Koufax Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
210 lbs (95.3 kg)
Sanford Braun, Sandy, Sanford "Sandy" Koufax, Sanford Koufax
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
The Incredible Story Of How Young Jeezy Ended Up Bringing $2 Million In Cash To A Photoshooton Jul 29, 2015
Russell Wilson Just Turned Down $21 Million A Year From The Seahawks… Is He Crazy?on Jul 29, 2015
How New Clippers Forward Josh Smith Just Became The Most Despised Man In The NBAon Jul 28, 2015
Think Your Extended Family Hates You? Well, At Least You Never Cost Them $4.3 Billion...on Jul 28, 2015
Instead Of Earning Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars, The Co-Founder Of Domino's Pizza Made One Huge Mistake...on Jul 29, 2015
Meet The Family That Built Their $14 Billion Fortune On OxyContinon Jul 28, 2015
Will Chris Brown Finally Turn His Life Around After A Series Of Recent Troubles?on Jul 29, 2015
What Is New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Still Fighting For?on Jul 30, 2015
Warren Buffett's Son Is Waging A War Against African Poachers. And It's Not A War Of Words.on Jul 29, 2015
Sandy Koufax Earnings
Click to Expand
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1966-67)$125,000
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1965-66)$110,000
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1964-65)$70,000
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1963-64)$35,000
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1962-63)$27,500
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1961-62)$18,500
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1960-61)$19,000
- Los Angeles Dodgers (1959-60)$14,000
- Brooklyn Dodgers (1956-57)$6,000
- Brooklyn Dodgers (1955-56)$6,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Are NFL Fans Finally Getting Tired Of Paying Too Much To Watch Football?When DirecTV came out with the Sunday Ticket, making it possible for fans to watch their favorite team even if they are in the wrong market, it was heralded as a great thing. Now, it is being called "too expensive."
- This Week in Celebrity Car News (July 21 – July 28)This week celebrities have bought, given away, lost, and complained about their cars so let's take a closer look.
- How One Lucky Man Turned A 50 Cent Bet Into Almost $500K At The Horse TrackWhat would you say if someone walked up to you and said he won $471,000 at the racetrack, and that all it cost him was a measly 50 cents? Would you call him a liar?
- Weekend Box Office Review For July 24-26thAnt-Man held on to the #1 spot, but how did other movies stack up?