Ryan Howard net worth and salary: Ryan Howard is an American professional baseball player who has a net worth of $60 million. Ryan Howard has earned his net worth as first baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies, nicknamed "The Big Piece". Howard was the 2006 National League MVP; he stands 6 feet 4 inches, weighs 240 pounds, he bats and throws left-handed. He was born in St. Louis, Missouri on November 19, 1979; he has a fraternal twin brother, as well as an older brother and a sister. Howard is the fastest player in Major League Baseball history, to reach both the 100 and 200 home run milestones. Howard has a reputation as an extreme pull hitter, his 48 home runs during the 2004 season tied for the highest total in organized baseball along with Adrian Beltre of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He was named N.L Rookie of the Month in September of 2005 with a record of batted .278 with 10 home runs and 22 runs batted in. His awards in the 2006 season included The Sporting News 2006 Player of the Year, and the 2006 National League Hank Aaron Award. The Phillies renewed Howard's contract in a one-year deal for $900,000, on March 2, 2007, this was the highest salary ever offered to a player not eligible for salary arbitration. Howard won in arbitration against the Phillies, and was awarded $10 million, on February 21, 2008, much better than the Phillies offer of $7 million, this made him the most victorious player in an arbitration case and he tied for the most ever awarded. During spring training of the 2009 season Howard led all players in home runs, with 10, after agreeing to a 3-year, $54 million contract with the Phillies. By accepting this contract Howard was bought out his remaining three years of salary arbitration eligibility. He has been a representative for several named brand products including Adidas, restaurants such as Subway, and he also appeared on the cover of MLB 08: The Show. Ryan Howard's salary is $20.5 million. In 2010 Howard signed a 5 year $125 million contract with the Phillies.
Ryan Howard Net Worth
Date of Birth
Nov 19, 1979 (36 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 3 in (1.9304 m)
243 lbs (110 kg)
The Big Piece
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
Ryan Howard Earnings
Click to Expand
- Philadelphia Phillies (2013-14)$20,000,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (2012-13)$20,000,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (2011-12)$20,000,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (2010-11)$19,000,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (2009-10)$15,000,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (2008-09)$10,000,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (2007-08)$900,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (2006-07)$355,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Eccentric Millionaire John McAfee is Making a ComebackRenegade and eccentric cybersecurity pioneer John McAfee is back in the news with new business ventures, documentaries, and a bid for the White House.
- Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And AllBeacher's Madhouse creator Jeff Beacher offers $90 million for the Playboy Mansion and plans to turn it into a members-only resort. But most importantly, he wants Hef to stay!
- Ferrari Spider Falls Just Short Of World RecordAlthough it fell just short of the world record at $38 million (for another classic Ferrari), the Spider Scaglietti still went for more than its estimated sale price of $31 to $35.5 million.
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Flips Miami Condo For $13 Million Profit After Just 5 MonthsKen Griffin, the billionaire hedge fund manager, has been on a real estate buying streak for the last few years. Now, he's trying to unload two of his recently purchased condos in Miami.