Ozzie Smith net worth: Ozzie Smith is a retired professional baseball player who has a net worth of $15 million. Ozzie Smith gained his net worth as a shortstop for the San Digeo Padres and St Louis Cardinals before retiring from baseball in 1996. Nicknamed "The Wizard", Smith won endless awards including eight consecutive Gold Gloves and the Silver Slugger Award for best hitting shortstop in the late eighties. Smith played baseball in high school and college. He caught the attention of San Digeo Padres who selected him for the 1977 amateur entry draft, signing a contract worth $72,500. Smith made his MLB debut in 1978 and in no time, Smith became the one to watch. In 1982, Smith joined St Louis Cardinals. Known for his back flips, Smith was responsible for the team's victory to the 1982 National League Championship Series and the 1982 World Series against Milwaukee Brewers, which led to a new lucrative contract of $1 million a year. By 1987, he signed the highest contract in the National League, worth over $2 million per year. The 15 time all-star continued to be a national treasure until his 1996 retirement. Since then, Smith hosted This Week In Baseball and worked for CNNSI. Smith also became the Cardinal's special instructor for the team's 2012 spring training camp and has variety of business ventures, including owning "Ozzie's" restaurant and sports bar.
Ozzie Smith Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Dec 26, 1954 (61 years old)
Baseball player, Actor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
150 lbs (68 kg)
Osborne Earl Smith, The Wizard of Oz, The Wizard
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!on Feb 11, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few Monthson Feb 11, 2016
Ozzie Smith Earnings
Click to Expand
- St. Louis Cardinals (1996-97)$3,500,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1995-96)$3,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1994-95)$3,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1993-94)$3,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1992-93)$2,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1991-92)$2,225,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1990-91)$1,975,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1989-90)$2,240,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1988-89)$2,340,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1987-88)$1,940,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1986-87)$1,940,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1985-86)$1,440,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1984-85)$1,200,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1983-84)$1,100,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1982-83)$450,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1981-82)$300,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?Celebrities and billionaires alike flock to St. Barts every winter to soak up the sun, party, and dine in luxury. But what makes St. Barts so special?
- How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball CardsNothing beats opening up a pack of baseball cards. And for former Angels pitcher DeWayne Buice, baseball cards earned him way more money than playing in the Major Leagues ever did.
- Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As MuchFor a car that was once split in half, it is amazing to learn that this car has sold for about three times its original value!
- Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism LawsuitSurviving members of Led Zeppelin were recently deposed as part of a copyright infringement case for the song Stairway to Heaven, often recognized as one of the greatest rock songs of all time.