Ozzie Smith net worth: Ozzie Smith is a retired professional baseball player who has a net worth of $15 million. Ozzie Smith gained his net worth as a shortstop for the San Digeo Padres and St Louis Cardinals before retiring from baseball in 1996. Nicknamed "The Wizard", Smith won endless awards including eight consecutive Gold Gloves and the Silver Slugger Award for best hitting shortstop in the late eighties. Smith played baseball in high school and college. He caught the attention of San Digeo Padres who selected him for the 1977 amateur entry draft, signing a contract worth $72,500. Smith made his MLB debut in 1978 and in no time, Smith became the one to watch. In 1982, Smith joined St Louis Cardinals. Known for his back flips, Smith was responsible for the team's victory to the 1982 National League Championship Series and the 1982 World Series against Milwaukee Brewers, which led to a new lucrative contract of $1 million a year. By 1987, he signed the highest contract in the National League, worth over $2 million per year. The 15 time all-star continued to be a national treasure until his 1996 retirement. Since then, Smith hosted This Week In Baseball and worked for CNNSI. Smith also became the Cardinal's special instructor for the team's 2012 spring training camp and has variety of business ventures, including owning "Ozzie's" restaurant and sports bar.
Ozzie Smith Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Dec 26, 1954 (60 years old)
Baseball player, Actor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
150 lbs (68 kg)
Osborne Earl Smith, The Wizard of Oz, The Wizard
For A Guy Who Is "Bankrupt," 50 Cent Sure Keeps A Lot Of Cash Lying Around The House...on Nov 30, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
10 People Just Paid An Insane Amount Of Money For A Pair Of Eminem's Latest Nike Air Jordanson Dec 1, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USon Nov 30, 2015
5-Hour Energy Drink Billionaire Is Using His Billions And His Brains To Save The World In A Few Very Unique Wayson Dec 1, 2015
A Brazilian Senator And A Billionaire CEO Were Just Arrested On Corruption Chargeson Nov 30, 2015
Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity Eventon Nov 28, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Ozzie Smith Earnings
Click to Expand
- St. Louis Cardinals (1996-97)$3,500,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1995-96)$3,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1994-95)$3,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1993-94)$3,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1992-93)$2,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1991-92)$2,225,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1990-91)$1,975,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1989-90)$2,240,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1988-89)$2,340,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1987-88)$1,940,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1986-87)$1,940,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1985-86)$1,440,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1984-85)$1,200,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1983-84)$1,100,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1982-83)$450,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (1981-82)$300,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- How Much Would You Pay To Have Unlimited Flights Around The World Forever?Ask anyone what they'd love to do more of, and they would say travel. For a few glorious years, American Airlines made that possible. It was a steep price, but it was totally worth it.
- The First Lamborghini Model Ever Made Is Now Selling For $1 MillionLamborghini has become one of the best known brands in luxury cars, but the company started off slowly before making some of the fastest cars available.
- After Gathering Dust In A Barn For 40 Years, A Classic Bentley Owned By James Bond Writer Ian Fleming Is Now For SaleA Bentley once owned by James Bond author Ian Fleming has been found after collecting dust in a garage for almost 40 years.
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...