Mark McGwire net worth: Mark McGwire is an American retired professional baseball player who has a net worth of $60 million. Mark David McGwire was born in Pomona, California in October 1963. McGwire played for three years at University of Southern California and also played on the 1984 United States Olympic baseball team before being selected #10 by the Oakland Athletics in the 1984 Major League Baseball Draft. He played first baseman for the A's from 1984 to 1997. During his rookie year he was voted AL Rookie of the Year and hit 49 home runs. He won a Gold Glove award in 1990 and broke the Athletics' record of 363 home runs. McGwire made nine AL All-Star teams with the Athletics. McGwire went on to play for the St. Louis Cardinals from 1997 to 2001. The 1998 season garnered attention as he, Ken Griffey Jr., and Sammy Sosa all had possibilities to break Roger Maris' single-season home run record. McGwire broke the record on September 8 and finished the season with 70 home runs. After his playing days he went on to be a hitting coach for the Cardinals, later taking the same position with the Los Angeles Dodgers. McGwire has been surrounded in steroid controversy since 1998. He was subpoenaed to testify at a congressional hearing in 2005. In 2010 he admitted to using steroids on and off an wished he had never done so. He finished his career with 583 home runs.
Mark McGwire Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 1, 1963 (52 years old)
Baseball player, Coach
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
250 lbs (113.4 kg)
Mark David McGwire, Big Mac, Big Red, Colossus
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?on Jun 28, 2016
Mark McGwire Earnings
Click to Expand
- St. Louis Cardinals (2001-02)$11,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (2000-01)$9,333,333
- St. Louis Cardinals (1999-00)$9,358,667
- St. Louis Cardinals (1998-99)$8,928,354
- Oakland Athletics (1997-98)$7,150,000
- Oakland Athletics (1996-97)$7,050,000
- Oakland Athletics (1995-96)$6,925,000
- Oakland Athletics (1994-95)$3,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1993-94)$4,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1992-93)$2,700,000
- Oakland Athletics (1991-92)$2,850,000
- Oakland Athletics (1990-91)$1,500,000
- Oakland Athletics (1989-90)$510,500
- Oakland Athletics (1988-89)$250,000
- Oakland Athletics (1987-88)$72,500
- Oakland Athletics (1986-87)$60,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive ListingThe San Francisco real estate market just got a little bit bigger, with the most expensive property in the city recently joining the league of luxury estates for sale – and it can be yours for $28.5 million.
- LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The CavsLeBron James has put his legacy on the city of Cleveland, and the basketball world as a whole. Every team is going to try and get him, and about two-thirds of the league can pay more than the Cavs are able to.
- Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting ConditionIn the latest story of an athlete leaving a rental home in less than stellar shape, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant is being sued for wreaking havoc on a property he lived in for less than two years.
- Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15If July 15th rolls around and the Broncos haven't offered Miller enough cash, they will likely lose their superstar linebacker forever.