Mark McGwire net worth: Mark McGwire is an American retired professional baseball player who has a net worth of $60 million. Mark David McGwire was born in Pomona, California in October 1963. McGwire played for three years at University of Southern California and also played on the 1984 United States Olympic baseball team before being selected #10 by the Oakland Athletics in the 1984 Major League Baseball Draft. He played first baseman for the A's from 1984 to 1997. During his rookie year he was voted AL Rookie of the Year and hit 49 home runs. He won a Gold Glove award in 1990 and broke the Athletics' record of 363 home runs. McGwire made nine AL All-Star teams with the Athletics. McGwire went on to play for the St. Louis Cardinals from 1997 to 2001. The 1998 season garnered attention as he, Ken Griffey Jr., and Sammy Sosa all had possibilities to break Roger Maris' single-season home run record. McGwire broke the record on September 8 and finished the season with 70 home runs. After his playing days he went on to be a hitting coach for the Cardinals, later taking the same position with the Los Angeles Dodgers. McGwire has been surrounded in steroid controversy since 1998. He was subpoenaed to testify at a congressional hearing in 2005. In 2010 he admitted to using steroids on and off an wished he had never done so. He finished his career with 583 home runs.
Mark McGwire Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 1, 1963 (52 years old)
Baseball player, Coach
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
250 lbs (113.4 kg)
Mark David McGwire, Big Mac, Big Red, Colossus
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
The President's Million Dollar Buson Feb 5, 2016
Lawyers Submit $100 Million Bill For Managing Leona Helmsley's Estateon Feb 5, 2016
Novak Djokovic Is About To Ace Roger Federer's On-Court Earnings Recordon Feb 4, 2016
You'll Never Guess How Much Revenue The Original Arcade Version Of NBA Jams Generatedon Feb 6, 2016
Mark McGwire Earnings
Click to Expand
- St. Louis Cardinals (2001-02)$11,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (2000-01)$9,333,333
- St. Louis Cardinals (1999-00)$9,358,667
- St. Louis Cardinals (1998-99)$8,928,354
- Oakland Athletics (1997-98)$7,150,000
- Oakland Athletics (1996-97)$7,050,000
- Oakland Athletics (1995-96)$6,925,000
- Oakland Athletics (1994-95)$3,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1993-94)$4,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1992-93)$2,700,000
- Oakland Athletics (1991-92)$2,850,000
- Oakland Athletics (1990-91)$1,500,000
- Oakland Athletics (1989-90)$510,500
- Oakland Athletics (1988-89)$250,000
- Oakland Athletics (1987-88)$72,500
- Oakland Athletics (1986-87)$60,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL SalaryRunning back Marshawn Lynch is known for a lot of things: his Skittles touchdown celebrations, giving short, repetitive answers to the media, and being a bruising, powerful running back. Let's add financially wise to that list.
- Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.Back when he was a young hotshot in the league, Spencer Haywood was given a choice by Nike. His decision ultimately cost him a HUGE amount of money.
- The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone ElseThe richest 62 people in the world would all fit onto a bus. Those 62 people have as much cold, hard cash (and assets) as half of the population of the world. And thank God they do, so that we have things to write about at Celebrity Net Worth!
- Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas MansionMike Tyson has made and blown a fortune during his lifetime, but apparently things are on the up and up now. They must be, for him to be able to afford buying a 10,000 square foot home in Las Vegas.