Mark McGwire net worth: Mark McGwire is an American retired professional baseball player who has a net worth of $60 million. Mark David McGwire was born in Pomona, California in October 1963. McGwire played for three years at University of Southern California and also played on the 1984 United States Olympic baseball team before being selected #10 by the Oakland Athletics in the 1984 Major League Baseball Draft. He played first baseman for the A's from 1984 to 1997. During his rookie year he was voted AL Rookie of the Year and hit 49 home runs. He won a Gold Glove award in 1990 and broke the Athletics' record of 363 home runs. McGwire made nine AL All-Star teams with the Athletics. McGwire went on to play for the St. Louis Cardinals from 1997 to 2001. The 1998 season garnered attention as he, Ken Griffey Jr., and Sammy Sosa all had possibilities to break Roger Maris' single-season home run record. McGwire broke the record on September 8 and finished the season with 70 home runs. After his playing days he went on to be a hitting coach for the Cardinals, later taking the same position with the Los Angeles Dodgers. McGwire has been surrounded in steroid controversy since 1998. He was subpoenaed to testify at a congressional hearing in 2005. In 2010 he admitted to using steroids on and off an wished he had never done so. He finished his career with 583 home runs.
Mark McGwire Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 1, 1963 (52 years old)
Baseball player, Coach
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
250 lbs (113.4 kg)
Mark David McGwire, Big Mac, Big Red, Colossus
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Model Sues Lil Wayne's Trukfit Clothing Lineon Nov 29, 2015
Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In Americaon Nov 28, 2015
Tony Robbins' Secret To Wealth Is All About Perspectiveon Nov 29, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
Amazing Human Being Alert: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Joins The Giving Pledgeon Nov 30, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
This Financial Analyst Wants To Eradicate Veteran Povertyon Nov 30, 2015
Mark McGwire Earnings
Click to Expand
- St. Louis Cardinals (2001-02)$11,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (2000-01)$9,333,333
- St. Louis Cardinals (1999-00)$9,358,667
- St. Louis Cardinals (1998-99)$8,928,354
- Oakland Athletics (1997-98)$7,150,000
- Oakland Athletics (1996-97)$7,050,000
- Oakland Athletics (1995-96)$6,925,000
- Oakland Athletics (1994-95)$3,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1993-94)$4,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1992-93)$2,700,000
- Oakland Athletics (1991-92)$2,850,000
- Oakland Athletics (1990-91)$1,500,000
- Oakland Athletics (1989-90)$510,500
- Oakland Athletics (1988-89)$250,000
- Oakland Athletics (1987-88)$72,500
- Oakland Athletics (1986-87)$60,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USFun Fact: Did you know that Ben Carson's business manager is also the country's largest black TV station owner?! Well, you do now!
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...
- Billionaire Roundup: Donald Sterling Gets A Verdict; Mark Cuban's Hoverboard; Robots Are Coming To Take Over Your Job; And A Billionaire ShakeupSometimes billionaire news just makes us laugh here at Celebrity Net Worth, so we're debuting a new feature, the Billionaire Roundup, to keep you up-to-date on what the 1% of the 1% are doing with their time, energy, and money.
- Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity EventFor once, Mark Cuban was happy to pay a fine for his notoriously bad language.