Mariano Rivera is a Panamanian professional pitcher in Major League Baseball who has a net worth of $90 million. Mariano Rivera has earned his net worth as a right-handed pitcher for the New York Yankees. He has been a professional player in the MLB for 17 years, most of which he has starred as a relief pitcher and since 1997 he has been a closer for the Yankees. Rivera is a 12 time All-Star as well as a five-time World Series champion. He was born on November 29, 1969 in Panama City, Panama, his father Mariano Sr. worked in the fishing industry as a ship captain. He grew up in the "poor" village of Puerto Caimito, baseball was a hobby for Mariano as a child he intended to become a professional soccer player. He graduated from Pedro Pablo Sanchez High School at the young age of 16, where he played baseball and suffered a series of ankle injuries which ended his dreams of playing professional soccer. He started working on a commercial boat catching shrimp and sardines, until at the age of 19 he had to abandon a capsizing 120-short-ton (110 t) commercial boat and he decided to end his fishing career. He started with the Yankees in 1990, an amateur free agent and made his major league debut in 1995. Riveria is an all-time leader for saves (603) and games finished (883) in the MLB. Some of his awards and accomplishments include five American League (AL) Rolaids Relief Man Awards, World Series Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award in 1999 and in 2003 the AL Championship Series MVP Award. He was a struggling starting pitcher early in his career and consequently converted to a relief pitcher. He has been married to his wife Clara since 1991, they met in elementary school. The couple has three sons and Marianao is a partner of a restaurant called "Mo's New York Grill" located in New Rochelle, New York.
Mariano Rivera Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 29, 1969 (46 years old)
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
194 lbs (88 kg)
Ривера, Мариано, 马里安诺·李维拉
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Paul Allen Unveils Stratolaunch, The World's Largest Airplaneon Jun 30, 2016
Drake Is Worth An Estimated $3 Billion To His Hometown Of Torontoon Jun 30, 2016
The World's Third-Youngest Billionaire Is Rich Thanks To Fish Farmingon Jun 30, 2016
From Broke To A $180M Business: The Story Behind Daniel Wellingtonon Jun 30, 2016
Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting Conditionon Jun 29, 2016
Mariano Rivera Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Yankees (2013-14)$10,000,000
- New York Yankees (2012-13)$15,000,000
- New York Yankees (2011-12)$14,911,700
- New York Yankees (2010-11)$15,000,000
- New York Yankees (2009-10)$15,000,000
- New York Yankees (2008-09)$15,000,000
- New York Yankees (2007-08)$10,500,000
- New York Yankees (2006-07)$10,500,000
- New York Yankees (2005-06)$10,500,000
- New York Yankees (2004-05)$10,890,000
- New York Yankees (2003-04)$10,500,000
- New York Yankees (2002-03)$9,450,000
- New York Yankees (2001-02)$9,150,000
- New York Yankees (2000-01)$7,250,000
- New York Yankees (1999-00)$4,250,000
- New York Yankees (1998-99)$750,000
- New York Yankees (1997-98)$550,000
- New York Yankees (1996-97)$131,125
- New York Yankees (1995-96)$109,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...July 1st is not just the first day of a new month, it's also Bobby Bonilla day! That's the day when the NY Mets direct deposit $1.2 million to the account of a 53-year-old man who has been retired for over a decade...
- Kanye West Just Signed A Deal With Adidas That Could Make Him A BILLIONAIRERead more about the extended partnership between Adidas and Kanye that could net Ye a billion dollars!
- Brexit Causes Economic Upheaval: World's Richest People To Lose BillionsBrexit has seriously shaken the world markets... and has caused the world's richest people to lose billions in the process.
- Jose Reyes Is Getting A Ton Of Money Just For Being Released By The RockiesAfter a domestic abuse case was brought against him, the Colorado Rockies tried to trade infielder Jose Reyes. They couldn't find any takers, though, and now they owe him a ton of money.