Josh Hamilton net worth and salary: Josh Hamilton is an American baseball player who has a net worth of $40 million. Born in Raleigh, North Carolina, Josh Hamilton played baseball for his high school, Athens Drive, before being drafted in 1999. He played successfully in the minor league system throughout 2000, but then his problems began. After being injured in a car accident in 2001, he became addicted to drugs and alcohol, and his addiction issues would plague him for the next few seasons. After appearing late to practices and games repeatedly, he was dropped, and from 2004 to 2006, he stopped playing baseball and focused on getting his personal life in order. He returned to the minor leagues in 2006, and finally made his professional league debut in 2007, playing for the Cincinnati Reds. He played well during his first season, though he was out for part of the season with injuries, and was traded to the Texas Rangers in 2008. More recently he has been playing in the outfield for the Anaheim Angels. His wife, Katie Chadwick Hamilton, is the daughter of Michael Chadwick, who guided him in his recovery from drugs and alcohol abuse for several years. They started dating in 2002 when he returned to Raleigh, and the couple married in 2004. Katie has a daughter, Julia Shea, from a previous relationship, and together she and Hamilton have three daughters, Sierra Elise, Michaela Grace, and Stella Faith. They have had a foundation, Triple Play Ministries, since 2008 and through their charity, built an orphanage in Uganda. The couple appeared on Season 10 of The Real Housewives of Orange County and during the season, ended up relapsing with cocaine. Just prior to the season airing on Bravo, Josh filed for divorce.
Josh Hamilton Net Worth
Date of Birth
May 21, 1981 (34 years old)
Baseball player, Athlete
United States of America
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
225 lbs (102.1 kg)
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
The Time A Professional Gambler Turned $50 Into $40 MILLION... And Eventually Ended Up Brokeon Apr 26, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%on Apr 30, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna Could Rake In Over A Million For TV Wedding Specialon Apr 28, 2016
Renting A House To Prince Was An Interesting Experience. Just Ask Carlos Boozer...on Apr 27, 2016
Josh Hamilton Earnings
Click to Expand
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (2013-14)$17,000,000
- Texas Rangers (2012-13)$13,750,000
- Texas Rangers (2011-12)$8,750,000
- Texas Rangers (2010-11)$3,250,000
- Texas Rangers (2009-10)$555,000
- Texas Rangers (2008-09)$396,830
- Cincinnati Reds (2007-08)$380,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Original Handwritten "Laws of Base Ball" Sold For $3.26 Million At AuctionThe documents dating back to the 1800s and now known as the "Laws of Base Ball" are now an incredibly valuable historical object, having fetched $3.26 million at auction over the weekend.
- Millionaire Coal Baron Gets One-Year Prison Sentence for Mine Safety ConspiracyThe millionaire former-CEO of a coal mining company was recently sentenced to a one-year prison term and a $250,000 fine after he was found guilty of violating mine safety standards. In 2010, an explosion linked to unsafe working conditions in one of his company's mines killed 29 workers.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.