Josh Hamilton net worth and salary: Josh Hamilton is an American baseball player who has a net worth of $40 million. Born in Raleigh, North Carolina, Josh Hamilton played baseball for his high school, Athens Drive, before being drafted in 1999. He played successfully in the minor league system throughout 2000, but then his problems began. After being injured in a car accident in 2001, he became addicted to drugs and alcohol, and his addiction issues would plague him for the next few seasons. After appearing late to practices and games repeatedly, he was dropped, and from 2004 to 2006, he stopped playing baseball and focused on getting his personal life in order. He returned to the minor leagues in 2006, and finally made his professional league debut in 2007, playing for the Cincinnati Reds. He played well during his first season, though he was out for part of the season with injuries, and was traded to the Texas Rangers in 2008. More recently he has been playing in the outfield for the Anaheim Angels. His wife, Katie Chadwick Hamilton, is the daughter of Michael Chadwick, who guided him in his recovery from drugs and alcohol abuse for several years. They started dating in 2002 when he returned to Raleigh, and the couple married in 2004. Katie has a daughter, Julia Shea, from a previous relationship, and together she and Hamilton have three daughters, Sierra Elise, Michaela Grace, and Stella Faith. They have had a foundation, Triple Play Ministries, since 2008 and through their charity, built an orphanage in Uganda. The couple appeared on Season 10 of The Real Housewives of Orange County and during the season, ended up relapsing with cocaine. Just prior to the season airing on Bravo, Josh filed for divorce.
Josh Hamilton Net Worth
Date of Birth
May 21, 1981 (35 years old)
Baseball player, Athlete
United States of America
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
225 lbs (102.1 kg)
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting Conditionon Jun 29, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Josh Hamilton Earnings
Click to Expand
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (2013-14)$17,000,000
- Texas Rangers (2012-13)$13,750,000
- Texas Rangers (2011-12)$8,750,000
- Texas Rangers (2010-11)$3,250,000
- Texas Rangers (2009-10)$555,000
- Texas Rangers (2008-09)$396,830
- Cincinnati Reds (2007-08)$380,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Brexit Causes Economic Upheaval: World's Richest People To Lose BillionsBrexit has seriously shaken the world markets... and has caused the world's richest people to lose billions in the process.
- Drake Is Worth An Estimated $3 Billion To His Hometown Of TorontoFind out why Drake is worth $3 billion to his hometown of Toronto!
- Jose Reyes Is Getting A Ton Of Money Just For Being Released By The RockiesAfter a domestic abuse case was brought against him, the Colorado Rockies tried to trade infielder Jose Reyes. They couldn't find any takers, though, and now they owe him a ton of money.
- The World's Third-Youngest Billionaire Is Rich Thanks To Fish FarmingOne of the world's youngest billionaires obtained his fortune thanks to his father's fishing company. So who exactly is Gustav Magnar Witzoe?