John Smoltz Net Worth: John Smoltz is an American former Major League Baseball pitcher and active sportscaster who has a net worth of $60 million. John Smoltz was born May 15, 1967 in Warren, Michigan. He is best known for his prolific career of more than two decades with the Atlanta Braves, in which he racked up eight All-Star selections and received the Cy Young Award in 1996. Though mostly known as a starting pitcher, Smoltz was converted to a reliever in 2001 during his recovery from Tommy John surgery (a surgery common to athletes in which the ulnar collateral ligament in the medial elbow is replaced with a tendon from elsewhere in the body). Smoltz then spent four years as the team's closer before returning to a starting role. In 2002, he became only the second pitcher in history to have had both a 20-win season and a 50-save season (the other being Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley). He is the only pitcher in major league history to top both 200 wins and 150 saves. He became the 16th member of the 3,000 strikeout club on April 22, 2008 when he fanned Felipe Lopez of the Washington Nationals in the third inning in Atlanta. Smoltz threw a four-seam fastball that was clocked at 98 mph and an 88–91 mph split-finger fastball that he used as a strikeout pitch. He also mixed in a curveball and change-up on occasion. In 1999, he experimented with both a knuckleball and a screwball, though he rarely used either in game situations. He is also an avid golfer who has played with the likes of Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam. In 2010, Smoltz joined TBS and MLB Networks as a baseball analyst. He has also joined FOX Sports South and SportSouth to be an analyst for select Atlanta Braves games during the 2014 season.
John Smoltz Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
May 15, 1967 (48 years old)
United States of America
220 lbs (99.8 kg)
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
The Owners Of The Golden State Warriors Have Seen An Incredible Return On Their Initial $450 Million Investmenton Apr 26, 2016
The Time A Professional Gambler Turned $50 Into $40 MILLION... And Eventually Ended Up Brokeon Apr 26, 2016
Manny Pacquiao's Final Fight Was Such A Dud, It's Going To LOSE Moneyon Apr 27, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna Could Rake In Over A Million For TV Wedding Specialon Apr 28, 2016
Renting A House To Prince Was An Interesting Experience. Just Ask Carlos Boozer...on Apr 27, 2016
Billionaire Didn't Notice For Years That Her $1M Picasso Painting Was Stolenon Apr 28, 2016
Convicted Murderer Phil Spector Files For Divorce From Jail—Claims Wife Is Burning His $35m Fortuneon Apr 28, 2016
Prince's Sister Claims The Singer Had No Will For $300 Million Net Worthon Apr 27, 2016
John Smoltz Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$5,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (2008-09)$14,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2007-08)$8,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2006-07)$11,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2005-06)$9,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2004-05)$11,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2003-04)$10,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2002-03)$7,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2001-02)$8,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2000-01)$8,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (1999-00)$7,750,000
- Atlanta Braves (1998-99)$7,750,000
- Atlanta Braves (1997-98)$7,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1996-97)$6,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1995-96)$4,894,445
- Atlanta Braves (1994-95)$3,250,000
- Atlanta Braves (1993-94)$2,700,000
- Atlanta Braves (1992-93)$1,600,000
- Atlanta Braves (1991-92)$355,000
- Atlanta Braves (1990-91)$210,000
- Atlanta Braves (1989-90)$86,000
- Atlanta Braves (1988-89)$62,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely DeathPrince's fans definitely showed their support of the 57-year-old artist after his untimely death last week, by purchasing a lot of his music.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of DollarsIf you ever wanted to learn how the rich keep getting richer, just pay attention to how the Fertitta brothers, Frank and Lorenzo, do business. The two are about to make an insane amount of money when their company goes public.
- Penny Hardaway's Career Was Limited By Injuries... But He's Making The Most Of His Time Since RetiringPenny Hardaway's career started off promising, but injuries prevented him from reaching his full potential. However, that hasn't stopped the point guard from continuing to lead.