John Smoltz Net Worth: John Smoltz is an American former Major League Baseball pitcher and active sportscaster who has a net worth of $60 million. John Smoltz was born May 15, 1967 in Warren, Michigan. He is best known for his prolific career of more than two decades with the Atlanta Braves, in which he racked up eight All-Star selections and received the Cy Young Award in 1996. Though mostly known as a starting pitcher, Smoltz was converted to a reliever in 2001 during his recovery from Tommy John surgery (a surgery common to athletes in which the ulnar collateral ligament in the medial elbow is replaced with a tendon from elsewhere in the body). Smoltz then spent four years as the team's closer before returning to a starting role. In 2002, he became only the second pitcher in history to have had both a 20-win season and a 50-save season (the other being Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley). He is the only pitcher in major league history to top both 200 wins and 150 saves. He became the 16th member of the 3,000 strikeout club on April 22, 2008 when he fanned Felipe Lopez of the Washington Nationals in the third inning in Atlanta. Smoltz threw a four-seam fastball that was clocked at 98 mph and an 88–91 mph split-finger fastball that he used as a strikeout pitch. He also mixed in a curveball and change-up on occasion. In 1999, he experimented with both a knuckleball and a screwball, though he rarely used either in game situations. He is also an avid golfer who has played with the likes of Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam. In 2010, Smoltz joined TBS and MLB Networks as a baseball analyst. He has also joined FOX Sports South and SportSouth to be an analyst for select Atlanta Braves games during the 2014 season.
John Smoltz Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
May 15, 1967
United States of America
220 lbs (99.8 kg)
Kanye West Just Made A Crazy Promise To Everyone Who Votes For Him For President In 2020on Sep 2, 2015
How Much Has Adam Sandler Made From His Major Film Roles?on Sep 4, 2015
Imagine Making $900,000 Every DAY You Went To Work. That's Judge Judy's Real Life...on Sep 3, 2015
10 Of The Most Expensive Movie Stuntson Sep 4, 2015
This Week In Celebrity Car News (August 26 – September 2)on Sep 3, 2015
Eddie Murphy's Top 7 Highest Acting Paycheckson Sep 2, 2015
Tidal Accused Apple Of Doing Something Sinister Over The Weekend...on Sep 2, 2015
Getting Rid Of Roger Goodell Is Going To Be Really Expensive....on Sep 3, 2015
The Highest Paid Film Actresses Of 2015on Sep 3, 2015
The World's 10 Richest Media Mogulson Sep 2, 2015
John Smoltz Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$5,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (2008-09)$14,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2007-08)$8,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2006-07)$11,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2005-06)$9,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2004-05)$11,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2003-04)$10,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2002-03)$7,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2001-02)$8,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2000-01)$8,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (1999-00)$7,750,000
- Atlanta Braves (1998-99)$7,750,000
- Atlanta Braves (1997-98)$7,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1996-97)$6,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1995-96)$4,894,445
- Atlanta Braves (1994-95)$3,250,000
- Atlanta Braves (1993-94)$2,700,000
- Atlanta Braves (1992-93)$1,600,000
- Atlanta Braves (1991-92)$355,000
- Atlanta Braves (1990-91)$210,000
- Atlanta Braves (1989-90)$86,000
- Atlanta Braves (1988-89)$62,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces Of All TimeThe reality of celebrity divorce is that it combines all the rough proceedings of regular divorce and puts it on display for the world to see. The following 10 Celebrity Divorces are the most expensive of all time.
- Top 10 Highest Paid NBA Players Who Have Yet To Make It To The FinalsTalented players tend to make the most money in the NBA, but there is one thing that they don't always do – make the NBA Finals.
- Top Ten Alleged Match-Fixing/Bribery Scandals In SportsOver the years, there have been a number of game-fixing/bribery scandals in the wide world of sports. Some have been pretty big and involved multiple players; others, not so much.
- Babe Ruth's Former 2BR NYC Apartment On The Market For $1.6 MillionThe owner of an apartment that the legendary Babe Ruth once lived in is hoping a Yankees fan with $1.6 million burning a hole in his pocket will be willing to spend it so he can live where the Great Bambino once did.