John Smoltz Net Worth: John Smoltz is an American former Major League Baseball pitcher and active sportscaster who has a net worth of $60 million. John Smoltz was born May 15, 1967 in Warren, Michigan. He is best known for his prolific career of more than two decades with the Atlanta Braves, in which he racked up eight All-Star selections and received the Cy Young Award in 1996. Though mostly known as a starting pitcher, Smoltz was converted to a reliever in 2001 during his recovery from Tommy John surgery (a surgery common to athletes in which the ulnar collateral ligament in the medial elbow is replaced with a tendon from elsewhere in the body). Smoltz then spent four years as the team's closer before returning to a starting role. In 2002, he became only the second pitcher in history to have had both a 20-win season and a 50-save season (the other being Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley). He is the only pitcher in major league history to top both 200 wins and 150 saves. He became the 16th member of the 3,000 strikeout club on April 22, 2008 when he fanned Felipe Lopez of the Washington Nationals in the third inning in Atlanta. Smoltz threw a four-seam fastball that was clocked at 98 mph and an 88–91 mph split-finger fastball that he used as a strikeout pitch. He also mixed in a curveball and change-up on occasion. In 1999, he experimented with both a knuckleball and a screwball, though he rarely used either in game situations. He is also an avid golfer who has played with the likes of Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam. In 2010, Smoltz joined TBS and MLB Networks as a baseball analyst. He has also joined FOX Sports South and SportSouth to be an analyst for select Atlanta Braves games during the 2014 season.
John Smoltz Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
May 15, 1967
United States of America
220 lbs (99.8 kg)
50 Cent Just Released Surprising Details About His Current Financial Situation. Here Are The Highlights!!!on Aug 4, 2015
After Selling His Company For $600 Million, CEO Leaves Incredible Surprise For His Employeeson Aug 4, 2015
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
Wait Til You Hear What Snoop Dogg Was Caught With Today At An Italian Airporton Aug 3, 2015
Adidas Reportedly Just Offered James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nikeon Aug 3, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive Streets In The Worldon Aug 4, 2015
Antonio Brown Arrives At Steelers Training Camp In Half Million Dollar Rolls-Royceon Aug 4, 2015
Ten Facts You Might Have Not Known About Air Jordanson Aug 4, 2015
These Celebs Filed For Bankruptcy On More Than One Occasion!on Aug 3, 2015
Bill And Hillary Clinton Made An INSANE Amount Of Money Between 2007 And 2014on Aug 3, 2015
John Smoltz Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$5,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (2008-09)$14,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2007-08)$8,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2006-07)$11,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2005-06)$9,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2004-05)$11,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2003-04)$10,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2002-03)$7,666,667
- Atlanta Braves (2001-02)$8,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (2000-01)$8,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (1999-00)$7,750,000
- Atlanta Braves (1998-99)$7,750,000
- Atlanta Braves (1997-98)$7,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1996-97)$6,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1995-96)$4,894,445
- Atlanta Braves (1994-95)$3,250,000
- Atlanta Braves (1993-94)$2,700,000
- Atlanta Braves (1992-93)$1,600,000
- Atlanta Braves (1991-92)$355,000
- Atlanta Braves (1990-91)$210,000
- Atlanta Braves (1989-90)$86,000
- Atlanta Braves (1988-89)$62,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Weekend Box Office Review for July 31st-August 2ndMission: Impossible - Rogue Nation opened at #1, but how did other movies stack up?
- Fetty Wap Achieved Two Major Accomplishments This WeekFetty Wap just put himself in the company of hip-hop royalty such as Lil Wayne and Eminem with these two recent accomplishments...
- A Truly Unique Pair Of Bugatti Veyrons Will Soon Be For Sale, But You're Gonna Need Deep Pockets!Luxury car buyers will have the opportunity to get their hands on he first and last Bugatti Veyrons off the production line.
- From Beyoncé To Sara Blakely: 8 Pieces Of Advice From Today's Wealthiest WomenHere are some words of wisdom from some of the wealthiest women on the planet.