Jim Thome net worth and salary: Jim Thome is a professional baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles of the MLB and has a net worth of $80 million and an annual salary of $1.25 million. Jim Thome has earned his net worth through his many years in professional baseball. Thome began his career as a third baseman (later to become first baseman) for the Cleveland Indians in 1991. He was drafted by Cleveland in 1989 MLB draft and began playing for the minor leagues. During his time with the Cleveland Indians he was named the most popular athlete in the history of Cleveland sports. He was given the nicknames of the "Thomenator," "The Pride of Peroia" and "Mr. Incredible" during his time with the White Sox. He is known for his homerun hits, especially having the longest hit in the history of Cleveland baseball. In 2003 Thome began playing for the Philadelphia Phillies after signing a six year contract at $85 million, but was traded to the Chicago White Sox in 2005. He became their designated hitter. In 2009 Thome was traded to the L.A. Dodgers, but the only position he was given is that of pinch hitter. In 2010 he began playing for the Minnesota Twins and on August 15th he hit his two career home runs which brought the total up to 600. In 2011 he was traded back to the Cleveland Indians and later that year he signed to play for the Philadelphia Phillies once again and in 2012 was traded back to the Baltimore Orioles. He is in seventh place on the all-time list for hitters with 610 career home runs. Jim Thome was born in Peoria, Illinois in 1970 and attended Limestone Community High School in Bartonville, Illinois. He was also a student at Illinois Central College. He and his wife, Andrea still reside in Peoria, Illinois with their two children, daughter Lila Grace, and son Landon.
Jim Thome Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Aug 27, 1970 (45 years old)
United States of America
250 lbs (113.4 kg)
James Howard Thome, James Howard "Jim" Thome, Jim
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For Stuffingon Nov 26, 2015
How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A Billionaireon Nov 27, 2015
Billionaire Mario Gabelli Is Sick Of Paying For Cableon Nov 25, 2015
BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?on Nov 27, 2015
Jim Thome Earnings
Click to Expand
- Philadelphia Phillies (2012-13)$1,250,000
- Minnesota Twins (2011-12)$3,000,000
- Minnesota Twins (2010-11)$1,500,000
- Chicago White Sox (2009-10)$13,000,000
- Chicago White Sox (2008-09)$15,666,666
- Chicago White Sox (2007-08)$14,833,333
- Chicago White Sox (2006-07)$14,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2005-06)$13,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2004-05)$12,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2003-04)$11,166,667
- Cleveland Indians (2002-03)$8,000,000
- Cleveland Indians (2001-02)$7,875,000
- Cleveland Indians (2000-01)$8,175,000
- Cleveland Indians (1999-00)$8,225,000
- Cleveland Indians (1998-99)$4,800,000
- Cleveland Indians (1997-98)$2,625,000
- Cleveland Indians (1996-97)$1,600,000
- Cleveland Indians (1995-96)$825,000
- Cleveland Indians (1994-95)$325,000
- Cleveland Indians (1993-94)$135,000
- Cleveland Indians (1992-93)$110,000
- Cleveland Indians (1991-92)$100,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini HuracánThe Lamborghini Huracán is a luxury sports car that began production in 2014. The Huracán, which means "hurricane" in Spanish, was Lamborghini's replacement for
- Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over UnderwearAn underwear company is suing Derek Jeter, and somehow 50 Cent is involved...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.