Jim Thome net worth and salary: Jim Thome is a professional baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles of the MLB and has a net worth of $80 million and an annual salary of $1.25 million. Jim Thome has earned his net worth through his many years in professional baseball. Thome began his career as a third baseman (later to become first baseman) for the Cleveland Indians in 1991. He was drafted by Cleveland in 1989 MLB draft and began playing for the minor leagues. During his time with the Cleveland Indians he was named the most popular athlete in the history of Cleveland sports. He was given the nicknames of the "Thomenator," "The Pride of Peroia" and "Mr. Incredible" during his time with the White Sox. He is known for his homerun hits, especially having the longest hit in the history of Cleveland baseball. In 2003 Thome began playing for the Philadelphia Phillies after signing a six year contract at $85 million, but was traded to the Chicago White Sox in 2005. He became their designated hitter. In 2009 Thome was traded to the L.A. Dodgers, but the only position he was given is that of pinch hitter. In 2010 he began playing for the Minnesota Twins and on August 15th he hit his two career home runs which brought the total up to 600. In 2011 he was traded back to the Cleveland Indians and later that year he signed to play for the Philadelphia Phillies once again and in 2012 was traded back to the Baltimore Orioles. He is in seventh place on the all-time list for hitters with 610 career home runs. Jim Thome was born in Peoria, Illinois in 1970 and attended Limestone Community High School in Bartonville, Illinois. He was also a student at Illinois Central College. He and his wife, Andrea still reside in Peoria, Illinois with their two children, daughter Lila Grace, and son Landon.
Jim Thome Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Aug 27, 1970
United States of America
250 lbs (113.4 kg)
James Howard Thome, James Howard "Jim" Thome, Jim
Bono Did Not Make $1.5 Billion Off Facebook. Let's Clear This Rumor Up Right Now...on Sep 1, 2015
5 Little Known Facts About The Rothschild Familyon Sep 1, 2015
Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer Turns Down $60 million/Year TV Deal – And He's Not Crazy!on Sep 2, 2015
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Does Ronda Rousey Really Make More Than Floyd Mayweather Per Second?on Aug 31, 2015
'Minecraft' Creator Claims Becoming A Billionaire Made Him Feel "Isolated"on Aug 31, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
Jerry Seinfeld Turned Down Huge, Unprecedented NBC Offer For 10th Seasonon Aug 31, 2015
Julio Jones Latest Wide Receiver To Sign Big Money Dealon Sep 2, 2015
Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?on Aug 30, 2015
Jim Thome Earnings
Click to Expand
- Philadelphia Phillies (2012-13)$1,250,000
- Minnesota Twins (2011-12)$3,000,000
- Minnesota Twins (2010-11)$1,500,000
- Chicago White Sox (2009-10)$13,000,000
- Chicago White Sox (2008-09)$15,666,666
- Chicago White Sox (2007-08)$14,833,333
- Chicago White Sox (2006-07)$14,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2005-06)$13,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2004-05)$12,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2003-04)$11,166,667
- Cleveland Indians (2002-03)$8,000,000
- Cleveland Indians (2001-02)$7,875,000
- Cleveland Indians (2000-01)$8,175,000
- Cleveland Indians (1999-00)$8,225,000
- Cleveland Indians (1998-99)$4,800,000
- Cleveland Indians (1997-98)$2,625,000
- Cleveland Indians (1996-97)$1,600,000
- Cleveland Indians (1995-96)$825,000
- Cleveland Indians (1994-95)$325,000
- Cleveland Indians (1993-94)$135,000
- Cleveland Indians (1992-93)$110,000
- Cleveland Indians (1991-92)$100,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Remember The O.C.? You Can Buy The Cohen Family's Newport Beach Mansion For $6.5 MillionThe fictitious Cohen family entertained guests from a picturesque, sunny Italian villa with stunning views of park-like adjacent hills.
- Trent Williams Just Became The Highest-Paid Tackle In NFL History… How Much Will He Make?It's a good day for Trent Williams, who just signed a record-breaking contract to remain with Washington. Just how much will he earn?
- Alex Rodriguez Is Being Sued For $100 Million – By A Family MemberAlex Rodriguez is being sued for breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, civil conspiracy, and more – to the tune of $100 million.
- Daniel Ek Set Out To Disrupt The Music Industry... So He Created Spotify And Made $400 MillionSpotify's Daniel Ek has built a way to make music available to listeners for free without piracy issues, while at the same time offering a sustainable revenue model to musicians and investors. Here is how he did it...