Jim Thome net worth and salary: Jim Thome is a professional baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles of the MLB and has a net worth of $80 million and an annual salary of $1.25 million. Jim Thome has earned his net worth through his many years in professional baseball. Thome began his career as a third baseman (later to become first baseman) for the Cleveland Indians in 1991. He was drafted by Cleveland in 1989 MLB draft and began playing for the minor leagues. During his time with the Cleveland Indians he was named the most popular athlete in the history of Cleveland sports. He was given the nicknames of the "Thomenator," "The Pride of Peroia" and "Mr. Incredible" during his time with the White Sox. He is known for his homerun hits, especially having the longest hit in the history of Cleveland baseball. In 2003 Thome began playing for the Philadelphia Phillies after signing a six year contract at $85 million, but was traded to the Chicago White Sox in 2005. He became their designated hitter. In 2009 Thome was traded to the L.A. Dodgers, but the only position he was given is that of pinch hitter. In 2010 he began playing for the Minnesota Twins and on August 15th he hit his two career home runs which brought the total up to 600. In 2011 he was traded back to the Cleveland Indians and later that year he signed to play for the Philadelphia Phillies once again and in 2012 was traded back to the Baltimore Orioles. He is in seventh place on the all-time list for hitters with 610 career home runs. Jim Thome was born in Peoria, Illinois in 1970 and attended Limestone Community High School in Bartonville, Illinois. He was also a student at Illinois Central College. He and his wife, Andrea still reside in Peoria, Illinois with their two children, daughter Lila Grace, and son Landon.
Jim Thome Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
James Howard Thome, James Howard "Jim" Thome, Jim
Date of Birth
United States of America
250 lbs (113.4 kg)
LeBron James Finally Found A Buyer For His Incredible $15 Million Miami Compound...on Jul 2, 2015
When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...on Jun 30, 2015
Comparing The Highest Paid Athletes In The World In 1984 To 2014. What A Difference 30 Years Makes!!!on Jul 2, 2015
Taylor Swift Just Brought A $730 Billion Company To Its Knees With One Blog Poston Jun 22, 2015
Carmelo Anthony's Contract Is Going To Keep The Knicks From Winning A Championshipon Jul 2, 2015
How Much Money Do NBA Draft Picks Make?on Jul 2, 2015
From Pumping Gas To A $6 Billion Fashion Fortune: The Rags To Riches Story Of Forever 21's Jin Sook And Do Won Changon Jun 23, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The BMW M6on Jul 2, 2015
The 5 Most Expensive Urban Music Videos Of The Last 15 Yearson Jul 2, 2015
Jim Thome Earnings
Click to Expand
- Philadelphia Phillies (2012-13)$1,250,000
- Minnesota Twins (2011-12)$3,000,000
- Minnesota Twins (2010-11)$1,500,000
- Chicago White Sox (2009-10)$13,000,000
- Chicago White Sox (2008-09)$15,666,666
- Chicago White Sox (2007-08)$14,833,333
- Chicago White Sox (2006-07)$14,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2005-06)$13,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2004-05)$12,166,667
- Philadelphia Phillies (2003-04)$11,166,667
- Cleveland Indians (2002-03)$8,000,000
- Cleveland Indians (2001-02)$7,875,000
- Cleveland Indians (2000-01)$8,175,000
- Cleveland Indians (1999-00)$8,225,000
- Cleveland Indians (1998-99)$4,800,000
- Cleveland Indians (1997-98)$2,625,000
- Cleveland Indians (1996-97)$1,600,000
- Cleveland Indians (1995-96)$825,000
- Cleveland Indians (1994-95)$325,000
- Cleveland Indians (1993-94)$135,000
- Cleveland Indians (1992-93)$110,000
- Cleveland Indians (1991-92)$100,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Carmelo Anthony's Contract Is Going To Keep The Knicks From Winning A ChampionshipCarmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks, who have been mired in mediocrity for years. So why throw more money away on him?
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The BMW M6Today's Amazing Car Of The Day is the BMW M6 which is a really nice luxury car that is not too ridiculously priced.
- LeBron James Finally Found A Buyer For His Incredible $15 Million Miami Compound...Is LeBron James really letting go of this modern compound, with its home theater, infinity pool, and docking space for two 60' yachts?! Seems so.
- How Much Money Do NBA Draft Picks Make?You ever wonder how much the guys who are drafted into the NBA make? Well your answer is right here...