Jason Varitek is a former American professional baseball player who has a net worth of $30 million. Born on April 11, 1972 in Rochester, Michigan, Varitek is best know for his position as catcher in Major League Baseball. He was a switch hitter and threw right-handed and made his MLB debut with the Boston Red Sox on September 24, 1997. Also known as "Tek," Varitek was a rare player in the he remained with one team for the duration of his career. He maintained a batting average of .256, a total of 193 home runs, and 757 runs batted in. He is a three-time All-star, a two-time World Series champion, and received the Gold Glove Award in 2005, the Silver Slugger Award in 2005, and both the Golden Spikes Award and Dick Howser Trophy early in his career in 1994. He began playing Little League Baseball in 1984 and proceeded to play for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in college. He is currently known as Special Assistant to the General Manager to the Boston Red Sox after having retired from the league on March 1, 2012. He made his last MLB appearance with the Red Sox on September 25, 2011. He is currently married to second wife Catherine Panagiotopoulos and has three children by the names of Kendall, Alexandra, and Caroline.
Jason Varitek Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Apr 11, 1972 (43 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 1 in (1.8796 m)
210 lbs (95.2543977 kg)
Jason Andrew Varitek, Tek
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Saudi Billionaire Trying To Use Diplomatic Immunity To Get Out Of Potentially VERY Expensive Divorceon Feb 9, 2016
The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!on Feb 5, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
Jason Varitek Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2010-11)$2,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$3,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2008-09)$5,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2007-08)$10,442,030
- Boston Red Sox (2006-07)$11,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2005-06)$10,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2004-05)$8,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2003-04)$6,900,000
- Boston Red Sox (2002-03)$4,700,000
- Boston Red Sox (2001-02)$3,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2000-01)$1,800,000
- Boston Red Sox (1999-00)$375,000
- Boston Red Sox (1998-99)$237,500
- Boston Red Sox (1997-98)$170,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever MadeWe know that television is big business, but you might be surprised to learn how much each episode of your favorite TV show can cost to make.
- Everything You Need To Know From Super Bowl 50Another NFL season has come and gone. This Super Bowl was a lot of fun for fans of defense, and probably for Beyonce fans, too. In case you missed any of the action, here are the highlights from the game.
- Are Elizabeth Holmes And Her Revolutionary Blood Testing Company Running Out Of Time?Last fall, Elizabeth Holmes, billionaire CEO of Theranos, Inc. faced some serious heat when it was revealed that her innovative method of testing blood wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Months later, there still aren't any answers. Is time running out for Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes?
- "Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social MediaHow did 50 Cent go from being one of the most successful rappers and business moguls in the world to having creditors pick apart his dwindling fortune? We break the story down for here.