Jason Varitek is a former American professional baseball player who has a net worth of $30 million. Born on April 11, 1972 in Rochester, Michigan, Varitek is best know for his position as catcher in Major League Baseball. He was a switch hitter and threw right-handed and made his MLB debut with the Boston Red Sox on September 24, 1997. Also known as "Tek," Varitek was a rare player in the he remained with one team for the duration of his career. He maintained a batting average of .256, a total of 193 home runs, and 757 runs batted in. He is a three-time All-star, a two-time World Series champion, and received the Gold Glove Award in 2005, the Silver Slugger Award in 2005, and both the Golden Spikes Award and Dick Howser Trophy early in his career in 1994. He began playing Little League Baseball in 1984 and proceeded to play for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in college. He is currently known as Special Assistant to the General Manager to the Boston Red Sox after having retired from the league on March 1, 2012. He made his last MLB appearance with the Red Sox on September 25, 2011. He is currently married to second wife Catherine Panagiotopoulos and has three children by the names of Kendall, Alexandra, and Caroline.
Jason Varitek Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Apr 11, 1972 (44 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 1 in (1.8796 m)
210 lbs (95.2543977 kg)
Jason Andrew Varitek, Tek
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Jason Varitek Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2010-11)$2,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$3,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2008-09)$5,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2007-08)$10,442,030
- Boston Red Sox (2006-07)$11,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2005-06)$10,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2004-05)$8,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2003-04)$6,900,000
- Boston Red Sox (2002-03)$4,700,000
- Boston Red Sox (2001-02)$3,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2000-01)$1,800,000
- Boston Red Sox (1999-00)$375,000
- Boston Red Sox (1998-99)$237,500
- Boston Red Sox (1997-98)$170,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.