David Ortiz's most recent contract pays a salary of $12.5 million. He makes an additional $5 million a year in endorsements. David Ortiz is a Dominican American professional baseball player who has a net worth of $45 million. David Ortiz has earned his net worth from his position of designated hitter for the Boston Red Sox of Major League Baseball, and from his former position with the Minnesota Twins team from 1997-2002. He is a seven time All-Star player who also holds the Red Sox single season record for total number of home runs in a regular season with 54. Ortiz was awarded in 2005 with a plaque announcing he was "the greatest clutch-hitter in the history of the Boston Red Sox", by the Red Sox owners. David Ortiz nicknamed "Big Papi", was born on November 18, 1975 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, however he became a US citizen in Boston on June 11, 2008. Ortiz was signed by the Seattle Mariners in 1992, after graduating from Estudia Espallat High School in the Dominican Republic. He played baseball for the Mariners farm team the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers until 1996, and he was then traded to the Minnesota Twins. He made his Twins debut in September 1997, after completing six seasons with the Twins; Ortiz hit 58 home runs and 238 RBI. Ortiz and his wife Tiffany have three children: Jessica, Alexandra, and D'Angelo. His wife Tiffany comes from Kaukauna, Wisconsin so since the two have been married David has become a Green Bay Packers football fan. The sporting goods company Reebok revealed their new shoe called the Big Papi 10M Mid Baseball cleat, in April 2007. Ortiz first used the cleat during the 2007 MLB All Star Game in San Francisco, California. Ortiz is very active in charity work he founded The David Ortiz Children's Fund in 2007. This fund supports many different causes, and it allows Ortiz to donate to children who are in the most need. He also released his own Charity Wine label in 2008 with all the proceeds going to the David Ortiz Children's Fund. The wine called Vintage Papi proceeded to raise $150,000 for charity.
David Ortiz Net Worth
Date of Birth
Nov 18, 1975 (40 years old)
Baseball player, Actor
6 ft 4 in (1.95 m)
230 lbs (104.33 kg)
David Américo Ortiz Arias, David Americo Ortiz, Big Papi, The Big Cat
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
For A Guy Who Is "Bankrupt," 50 Cent Sure Keeps A Lot Of Cash Lying Around The House...on Nov 30, 2015
How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USon Nov 30, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Amazing Human Being Alert: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Joins The Giving Pledgeon Nov 30, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
A Brazilian Senator And A Billionaire CEO Were Just Arrested On Corruption Chargeson Nov 30, 2015
Tony Robbins' Secret To Wealth Is All About Perspectiveon Nov 29, 2015
David Ortiz Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2013-14)$14,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2012-13)$14,575,000
- Boston Red Sox (2011-12)$12,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2010-11)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2008-09)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2007-08)$13,250,000
- Boston Red Sox (2006-07)$6,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2005-06)$5,250,000
- Boston Red Sox (2004-05)$4,587,500
- Boston Red Sox (2003-04)$1,250,000
- Minnesota Twins (2002-03)$950,000
- Minnesota Twins (2001-02)$260,000
- Minnesota Twins (2000-01)$220,000
- Minnesota Twins (1998-99)$170,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...
- This Financial Analyst Wants To Eradicate Veteran PovertyCertified financial analyst, Shawn Dorrough, has created a plan to help reduce the poverty rates amongst veterans. Basic yet essential info!
- Model Sues Lil Wayne's Trukfit Clothing LineLil Wayne has been involved in so many lawsuits this year, he may have to set up permanent residence in a courtroom.
- Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In AmericaChina's wealthiest man is investing billions in America, but why?!