David Ortiz's most recent contract pays a salary of $12.5 million. He makes an additional $5 million a year in endorsements. David Ortiz is a Dominican American professional baseball player who has a net worth of $45 million. David Ortiz has earned his net worth from his position of designated hitter for the Boston Red Sox of Major League Baseball, and from his former position with the Minnesota Twins team from 1997-2002. He is a seven time All-Star player who also holds the Red Sox single season record for total number of home runs in a regular season with 54. Ortiz was awarded in 2005 with a plaque announcing he was "the greatest clutch-hitter in the history of the Boston Red Sox", by the Red Sox owners. David Ortiz nicknamed "Big Papi", was born on November 18, 1975 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, however he became a US citizen in Boston on June 11, 2008. Ortiz was signed by the Seattle Mariners in 1992, after graduating from Estudia Espallat High School in the Dominican Republic. He played baseball for the Mariners farm team the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers until 1996, and he was then traded to the Minnesota Twins. He made his Twins debut in September 1997, after completing six seasons with the Twins; Ortiz hit 58 home runs and 238 RBI. Ortiz and his wife Tiffany have three children: Jessica, Alexandra, and D'Angelo. His wife Tiffany comes from Kaukauna, Wisconsin so since the two have been married David has become a Green Bay Packers football fan. The sporting goods company Reebok revealed their new shoe called the Big Papi 10M Mid Baseball cleat, in April 2007. Ortiz first used the cleat during the 2007 MLB All Star Game in San Francisco, California. Ortiz is very active in charity work he founded The David Ortiz Children's Fund in 2007. This fund supports many different causes, and it allows Ortiz to donate to children who are in the most need. He also released his own Charity Wine label in 2008 with all the proceeds going to the David Ortiz Children's Fund. The wine called Vintage Papi proceeded to raise $150,000 for charity.
David Ortiz Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 18, 1975
Baseball player, Actor
6 ft 4 in (1.95 m)
230 lbs (104.33 kg)
David Américo Ortiz Arias, David Americo Ortiz, Big Papi, The Big Cat
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
The Incredible Story Of How Young Jeezy Ended Up Bringing $2 Million In Cash To A Photoshooton Jul 29, 2015
Russell Wilson Just Turned Down $21 Million A Year From The Seahawks… Is He Crazy?on Jul 29, 2015
Think Your Extended Family Hates You? Well, At Least You Never Cost Them $4.3 Billion...on Jul 28, 2015
Instead Of Earning Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars, The Co-Founder Of Domino's Pizza Made One Huge Mistake...on Jul 29, 2015
How New Clippers Forward Josh Smith Just Became The Most Despised Man In The NBAon Jul 28, 2015
Will Chris Brown Finally Turn His Life Around After A Series Of Recent Troubles?on Jul 29, 2015
Meet The Family That Built Their $14 Billion Fortune On OxyContinon Jul 28, 2015
This Week in Celebrity Car News (July 21 – July 28)on Jul 29, 2015
The Time Donald Trump Sued a Journalist For $5 Billionon Jul 27, 2015
David Ortiz Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2013-14)$14,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2012-13)$14,575,000
- Boston Red Sox (2011-12)$12,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2010-11)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2008-09)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2007-08)$13,250,000
- Boston Red Sox (2006-07)$6,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2005-06)$5,250,000
- Boston Red Sox (2004-05)$4,587,500
- Boston Red Sox (2003-04)$1,250,000
- Minnesota Twins (2002-03)$950,000
- Minnesota Twins (2001-02)$260,000
- Minnesota Twins (2000-01)$220,000
- Minnesota Twins (1998-99)$170,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- What Is New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Still Fighting For?NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decided to uphold Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his role in the whole Deflate-Gate mess. So what does it all mean and what happens next...
- Are NFL Fans Finally Getting Tired Of Paying Too Much To Watch Football?When DirecTV came out with the Sunday Ticket, making it possible for fans to watch their favorite team even if they are in the wrong market, it was heralded as a great thing. Now, it is being called "too expensive."
- Warren Buffett's Son Is Waging A War Against African Poachers. And It's Not A War Of Words.Warren Buffett's son just launched an all out war against endangered African rhino poachers. And this isn't a war of words. The younger Buffett is coming armed with guns, helicopters and a massive war chest at his disposal.
- How One Lucky Man Turned A 50 Cent Bet Into Almost $500K At The Horse TrackWhat would you say if someone walked up to you and said he won $471,000 at the racetrack, and that all it cost him was a measly 50 cents? Would you call him a liar?