David Ortiz net worth and salary: David Ortiz is a Dominican-born professional baseball player who has a net worth of $55 million. David Ortiz has earned his net worth from his position of designated hitter for the Boston Red Sox of Major League Baseball, and from his former position with the Minnesota Twins team from 1997-2002. He is a seven time All-Star player who also holds the Red Sox single season record for total number of home runs in a regular season with 54. Ortiz was awarded in 2005 with a plaque announcing he was "the greatest clutch-hitter in the history of the Boston Red Sox", by the Red Sox owners. David Ortiz nicknamed "Big Papi", was born on November 18, 1975 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, however he became a US citizen in Boston on June 11, 2008. Ortiz was signed by the Seattle Mariners in 1992, after graduating from Estudia Espallat High School in the Dominican Republic. He played baseball for the Mariners farm team the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers until 1996, and he was then traded to the Minnesota Twins. He made his Twins debut in September 1997, after completing six seasons with the Twins; Ortiz hit 58 home runs and 238 RBI. Ortiz and his wife Tiffany have three children: Jessica, Alexandra, and D'Angelo. His wife Tiffany comes from Kaukauna, Wisconsin so since the two have been married David has become a Green Bay Packers football fan. The sporting goods company Reebok revealed their new shoe called the Big Papi 10M Mid Baseball cleat, in April 2007. Ortiz first used the cleat during the 2007 MLB All Star Game in San Francisco, California. Ortiz is very active in charity work he founded The David Ortiz Children's Fund in 2007. This fund supports many different causes, and it allows Ortiz to donate to children who are in the most need. He also released his own Charity Wine label in 2008 with all the proceeds going to the David Ortiz Children's Fund. The wine called Vintage Papi proceeded to raise $150,000 for charity.
David Ortiz Net Worth
Date of Birth
Nov 18, 1975 (40 years old)
Baseball player, Actor
6 ft 4 in (1.95 m)
230 lbs (104.33 kg)
David Américo Ortiz Arias, David Americo Ortiz, Big Papi, The Big Cat
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
Fletcher Cox's Huge New Contract Isn't All It's Cracked Up To Beon Jun 24, 2016
Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote Loomson Jun 24, 2016
Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT Communityon Jun 24, 2016
Elon Musk Wants Tesla To Buy SolarCity For $2.8 Billionon Jun 23, 2016
David Ortiz Earnings
Click to Expand
- Boston Red Sox (2013-14)$14,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2012-13)$14,575,000
- Boston Red Sox (2011-12)$12,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2010-11)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2009-10)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2008-09)$13,000,000
- Boston Red Sox (2007-08)$13,250,000
- Boston Red Sox (2006-07)$6,500,000
- Boston Red Sox (2005-06)$5,250,000
- Boston Red Sox (2004-05)$4,587,500
- Boston Red Sox (2003-04)$1,250,000
- Minnesota Twins (2002-03)$950,000
- Minnesota Twins (2001-02)$260,000
- Minnesota Twins (2000-01)$220,000
- Minnesota Twins (1998-99)$170,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Brexit Decision Sets Up Soros For SuccessAs Brexit sends British stock market into turmoil, billionaire investor Soros is ready to pounce.
- Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual CaveatSports Direct and Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, typically shuns the press. This week, however, he's making news for a number of reasons. Reports have surfaced that say Mike and Linda Ashley have been spending more and more time together over the past couple of years, slowly rekindling their long dead romance.
- Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992Listen to what Tupac had to say about Donald Trump and capitalism in a 1992 interview.
- LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million DonationLeBron James has just won the NBA Championship and it is safe to say that's pretty life changing for him. Now, he's changing the lives of 1,100 disadvantaged kids from Akron, Ohio.