Alex Rodriguez Net Worth
Alex Rodriguez net worth and salary: Alex Rodriguez is a professional baseball player who has a net worth of $300 million and annual salary of $33 million. Alex Rodriguez is one of the highest paid athletes of all time who has earned more than $325 million in salary alone during his baseball career. Alex Rodriguez currently plays third base for the New York Yankees but has previously played shortstop for the Texas Rangers and Seattle Mariners. As a boy, Alex's father gave him a plastic bat and rubber ball. Little A-Rod would practice his swing every chance he got. While living in Miami, Alex played baseball with friends every day until he became a part of a youth league baseball team.
Baseball soon became Alex's entire life. He joined the Boys and Girls Club where he led his team to a National title. Alex Rodriguez also played ball for his private school Westminster Christian. The school was known for having one of Florida's top baseball programs. Before Alex even graduated, he was attracting lots of attention from Major League scouts. Rodriguez was drafted by The Mariners and reported to spring training in February of 1994. He made his starting debut as shortstop on July 8th 1994. Alex was just the third 18 year old shortstop in baseball since 1900.
While with the Mariners, Alex Rodriguez broke many records and became the star player before leaving the team in 2000 for the Texas Rangers. Rodriguez's contract with The Rangers was the largest in sports history at the time, worth $252 million over 10 years. Rodriguez played for the rangers from 2001-2003. During this time he set many personal records despite the Rangers finishing last the AL Western division. A-Rod was the league MVP while still playing on a last place team. The Rangers would soon trad Alex to the New York Yankees, where he still plays today.
On August 5th 2013, Alex Rodriguez was suspended by major league baseball for 214 games for allegedly using performance enhancing drugs. The suspension will keep A-Rod out of baseball until the beginning of the 2015 season when he will be 39 years old. Rodriguez plans to fight the suspension tooth and nail and still proclaims his innocence.
Date of Birth
Alex Rodriguez Earnings
- New York Yankees (2013-14)$28,000,000
- New York Yankees (2012-13)$29,000,000
- New York Yankees (2011-12)$32,000,000
- New York Yankees (2010-11)$33,000,000
- New York Yankees (2009-10)$33,000,000
- New York Yankees (2008-09)$28,000,000
- New York Yankees (2007-08)$22,708,525
- New York Yankees (2006-07)$21,680,727
- New York Yankees (2005-06)$26,000,000
- New York Yankees (2004-05)$22,000,000
- Texas Rangers (2003-04)$22,000,000
- Texas Rangers (2002-03)$22,000,000
- Texas Rangers (2001-02)$22,000,000
- Seattle Mariners (2000-01)$4,362,500
- Seattle Mariners (1999-00)$3,112,500
- Seattle Mariners (1998-99)$2,162,500
- Seattle Mariners (1997-98)$1,062,500
- Seattle Mariners (1996-97)$442,334
- Seattle Mariners (1995-96)$442,333
- Seattle Mariners (1994-95)$442,333