Richard Petty Net Worth and career earnings: Richard Petty is an American former NASCAR driver who raced in the Strictly Stock/Grand National Era and the NASCAR Winston Cup Series and who has a net worth of $65 million dollars. Richard Petty was born July 2, 1937 in Level Cross, North Carolina and began his NASCAR career on July 18, 1958, 16 days after his 21st birthday. He is most well-known for winning the NASCAR Championship seven times, winning a record 200 races during his career, winning the Daytona 500 a record seven times, and winning a record 27 races (ten of them consecutively) in the 1967 season alone. Statistically he is the most accomplished driver in the history of the sport and is one of the most respected figures in motorsports as a whole. He also collected a record number of poles (127) and over 700 top-ten finishes in his 1,184 starts, including 513 consecutive starts from 1971–1989. Petty was the only driver to ever win in his 500th race start, until Matt Kenseth joined him in 2013. On October 1, 1991, Petty announced he would retire after the 1992 season. Petty is a member of the inaugural class of the NASCAR Hall of Fame. He was inducted into the Hall in 2010.
Richard Petty Net Worth
Race car driver
Date of Birth
Jul 2, 1937 (78 years old)
Race car driver, Voice Actor, Restaurateur
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Richard Lee Petty, The King
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net Worthon May 2, 2016
The Top 10 College Majors Of Billionaireson May 2, 2016
The Billionaire Developer Who Changed The Way Southern Californians Shopon May 2, 2016
Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!on May 1, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
Richard Petty Earnings
Click to Expand
- 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup$327,620
- 1991 NASCAR Winston Cup$256,035
- 1990 NASCAR Winston Cup$158,715
- 1989 NASCAR Winston Cup$117,300
- 1988 NASCAR Winston Cup$187,055
- 1987 NASCAR Winston Cup$363,850
- 1986 NASCAR Winston Cup$235,405
- 1985 NASCAR Winston Cup$268,585
- 1984 NASCAR Winston Cup$233,150
- 1983 NASCAR Winston Cup$389,060
- 1982 NASCAR Winston Cup$385,870
- 1981 NASCAR Winston Cup$369,505
- 1980 NASCAR Winston Cup$338,365
- 1979 NASCAR Winston Cup$416,650
- 1978 NASCAR Winston Cup$196,960
- 1977 NASCAR Winston Cup$303,425
- 1976 NASCAR Winston Cup$295,074
- 1975 NASCAR Winston Cup$284,980
- 1974 NASCAR Winston Cup$253,175
- 1973 NASCAR Winston Cup$149,155
- 1972 NASCAR Winston Cup$188,015
- 1971 NASCAR Grand National$269,225
- 1970 NASCAR Grand National$138,969
- 1969 NASCAR Grand National$109,180
- 1968 NASCAR Grand National$89,153
- 1967 NASCAR Grand National$130,225
- 1966 NASCAR Grand National$78,840
- 1965 NASCAR Grand National$16,450
- 1964 NASCAR Grand National$98,810
- 1963 NASCAR Grand National$47,765
- 1962 NASCAR Grand National$52,885
- 1961 NASCAR Grand National$22,671
- 1960 NASCAR Grand National$35,180
- 1959 NASCAR Grand National$7,630
- 1958 NASCAR Grand National$760
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last YearSoon-Shiong is the billionaire chief executive of the biotech company NantKwest Inc., for which he reportedly received a pay package potentially valued at nearly $150 million.
- Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?It's rare to see a player spend 20 seasons with the same team. But Kobe Bryant did it, and he made a lot of money along the way.
- The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer EnyaWould you be surprised to learn that Enya has more money than Adele and has sold more records than One Direction? Would it shock you to find out she lives in a castle full of cats and her neighbor is Bono? This is the weird world in which the Irish singer Enya lives.
- Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism AccusationsLegendary rock band Led Zeppelin lost its latest bid to prevent a trial over allegations it plagiarized its iconic Stairway to Heaven song. A judge recently ruled that there was enough evidence to bring the lawsuit to trial.