Richard Petty Net Worth and career earnings: Richard Petty is an American former NASCAR driver who raced in the Strictly Stock/Grand National Era and the NASCAR Winston Cup Series and who has a net worth of $65 million dollars. Richard Petty was born July 2, 1937 in Level Cross, North Carolina and began his NASCAR career on July 18, 1958, 16 days after his 21st birthday. He is most well-known for winning the NASCAR Championship seven times, winning a record 200 races during his career, winning the Daytona 500 a record seven times, and winning a record 27 races (ten of them consecutively) in the 1967 season alone. Statistically he is the most accomplished driver in the history of the sport and is one of the most respected figures in motorsports as a whole. He also collected a record number of poles (127) and over 700 top-ten finishes in his 1,184 starts, including 513 consecutive starts from 1971–1989. Petty was the only driver to ever win in his 500th race start, until Matt Kenseth joined him in 2013. On October 1, 1991, Petty announced he would retire after the 1992 season. Petty is a member of the inaugural class of the NASCAR Hall of Fame. He was inducted into the Hall in 2010.
Richard Petty Net Worth
Race car driver
Date of Birth
Jul 2, 1937 (78 years old)
Race car driver, Voice Actor, Restaurateur
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Richard Lee Petty, The King
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism Chargeson Jun 26, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home Countryon Jun 26, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Richard Petty Earnings
Click to Expand
- 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup$327,620
- 1991 NASCAR Winston Cup$256,035
- 1990 NASCAR Winston Cup$158,715
- 1989 NASCAR Winston Cup$117,300
- 1988 NASCAR Winston Cup$187,055
- 1987 NASCAR Winston Cup$363,850
- 1986 NASCAR Winston Cup$235,405
- 1985 NASCAR Winston Cup$268,585
- 1984 NASCAR Winston Cup$233,150
- 1983 NASCAR Winston Cup$389,060
- 1982 NASCAR Winston Cup$385,870
- 1981 NASCAR Winston Cup$369,505
- 1980 NASCAR Winston Cup$338,365
- 1979 NASCAR Winston Cup$416,650
- 1978 NASCAR Winston Cup$196,960
- 1977 NASCAR Winston Cup$303,425
- 1976 NASCAR Winston Cup$295,074
- 1975 NASCAR Winston Cup$284,980
- 1974 NASCAR Winston Cup$253,175
- 1973 NASCAR Winston Cup$149,155
- 1972 NASCAR Winston Cup$188,015
- 1971 NASCAR Grand National$269,225
- 1970 NASCAR Grand National$138,969
- 1969 NASCAR Grand National$109,180
- 1968 NASCAR Grand National$89,153
- 1967 NASCAR Grand National$130,225
- 1966 NASCAR Grand National$78,840
- 1965 NASCAR Grand National$16,450
- 1964 NASCAR Grand National$98,810
- 1963 NASCAR Grand National$47,765
- 1962 NASCAR Grand National$52,885
- 1961 NASCAR Grand National$22,671
- 1960 NASCAR Grand National$35,180
- 1959 NASCAR Grand National$7,630
- 1958 NASCAR Grand National$760
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George SorosAs Brexit sends British stock market into turmoil, billionaire investor Soros is ready to pounce.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned BigSwiss bank Credit Suisse is handling major losses, so how did Sergio Machado earn $14 million?