Darrell Waltrip Net Worth and career earnings: Darrell Waltrip is an American motorsports analyst, author, national television broadcaster, and former race car driver who has a net worth of $25 million dollars. Darrell Waltrip was born in Owensboro, Kentucky on February 5, 1947. Waltrip is a 3-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, (1981, 1982, 1985), a 3-time NASCAR Cup Series runner-up, (1979, 1983, 1986), winner of the 1989 Daytona 500, and the first 5-time winner of the Coca-Cola 600, the Series' longest race (1978, 1979, 1985, 1988, 1989), a first for any driver of all time. He has a modern NASCAR series record of 22 top five finishes in 1983 and 21 top five finishes in 1981 and 1986. Waltrip is the winner of 84 NASCAR Cup Series races, including 12 wins at Bristol Motor Speedway, seven of which were consecutive wins beginning in 1981, a track and Series' record for any driver, all time. Waltrip's 84 wins places him second only to Jeff Gordon for the most wins in the modern era of NASCAR. Waltrip won 59 NASCAR Cup Series pole positions, (second all-time), including 35 on short tracks, and 8 on road courses, (both all-time highs for any driver, all time). He has 271 top-five finishes, and 390 top-ten finishes He raced 237,773 laps, 280,788 miles, led 23,134 laps, and won $19,886,666.00, in posted earnings. He competed in 809 NASCAR Cup series races, spanning 29 years, and four different decades and still holds many NASCAR records, more than a decade after his retirement as an active driver.
Darrell Waltrip Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Race car driver
Jaws, Ol' D.W., D W
Race car driver, Actor, Voice Actor, Announcer, Commentator
Date of Birth
United States of America
6 ft (1.85 m)
The 5 Most Valuable Start Ups In The World Right Nowon Jul 3, 2015
LeBron James Finally Found A Buyer For His Incredible $15 Million Miami Compound...on Jul 2, 2015
Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Pledges Entire $32 Billion Fortune To Charity!on Jul 3, 2015
When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...on Jun 30, 2015
Taylor Swift Just Brought A $730 Billion Company To Its Knees With One Blog Poston Jun 22, 2015
How Much Money Do NBA Draft Picks Make?on Jul 2, 2015
Comparing The Highest Paid Athletes In The World In 1984 To 2014. What A Difference 30 Years Makes!!!on Jul 2, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
From Pumping Gas To A $6 Billion Fashion Fortune: The Rags To Riches Story Of Forever 21's Jin Sook And Do Won Changon Jun 23, 2015
How Fred DeLuca Turned A $1,000 Loan Into A $2.6 Billion Subway Sandwich Fortune (And Why The Company Is Struggling Today)on Jun 23, 2015
Darrell Waltrip Earnings
Click to Expand
- 2000 NASCAR Winston Cup$1,179,281
- 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup$954,133
- 1998 NASCAR Winston Cup$982,320
- 1997 NASCAR Winston Cup$918,490
- 1996 NASCAR Winston Cup$712,185
- 1995 NASCAR Winston Cup$749,995
- 1994 NASCAR Winston Cup$666,675
- 1993 NASCAR Winston Cup$643,285
- 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup$773,920
- 1991 NASCAR Winston Cup$428,330
- 1990 NASCAR Winston Cup$431,732
- 1989 NASCAR Winston Cup$949,535
- 1988 NASCAR Winston Cup$618,435
- 1987 NASCAR Winston Cup$293,770
- 1986 NASCAR Winston Cup$693,845
- 1985 NASCAR Winston Cup$702,298
- 1984 NASCAR Winston Cup$633,923
- 1983 NASCAR Winston Cup$650,030
- 1982 NASCAR Winston Cup$682,085
- 1981 NASCAR Winston Cup$539,050
- 1980 NASCAR Winston Cup$351,065
- 1979 NASCAR Winston Cup$450,870
- 1978 NASCAR Winston Cup$306,470
- 1977 NASCAR Winston Cup$249,243
- 1976 NASCAR Winston Cup$178,385
- 1975 NASCAR Winston Cup$82,170
- 1974 NASCAR Winston Cup$57,690
- 1973 NASCAR Winston Cup$33,466
- 1972 NASCAR Winston Cup$8,615
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The 5 Most Valuable Start Ups In The World Right NowIt wasn't all that long ago that a great valuation for a tech startup was $1 billion. Now there is a small but impressive group of startups with a valuation of $20 billion or more. These are the most valuable startups in the world right now.
- Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Pledges Entire $32 Billion Fortune To Charity!In an unprecedented move, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has pledged his entire $32 billion fortune charity! Find out who gets the cash and when!
- Carmelo Anthony's Contract Is Going To Keep The Knicks From Winning A ChampionshipCarmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks, who have been mired in mediocrity for years. So why throw more money away on him?
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The BMW M6Today's Amazing Car Of The Day is the BMW M6 which is a really nice luxury car that is not too ridiculously priced.