Plaxico Burress Net Worth: Plaxico Burress is an American professional football player who has a net worth of $6 million dollars. Born in 1977 in Norfolk, Virginia, Plaxico Burress plays wide receiver and is currently a free agent. Burress played at Michigan State University in the Big Ten where he was a two-time member of the All-Big Ten team. Burress was named MVP of two of Michigan State's postseason bowl games. The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Burress with the eighth overall pick during the 2000 NFL Draft. He played for the Steelers until 2004, catching more than 250 passes for 4,164 yards and 22 touchdowns. His rookie season was featured on an episode of MTV's "True Life. In 2005, he signed a new contract with the New York Giants. Burress' most memorable moment with the Giants is his acrobatic game-winning touchdown catch in Super Bowl XLII. The Giants defeated the then-undefeated New England Patriots. After a contract dispute, Burress signed an extension with the Giants before he was released in early 2009 after he accidentally shot himself in a New York City nightclub. Burress reportedly carried the loaded gun into the club and ended up with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the thigh. He turned himself in two days later on criminal possession of a handgun charges. The Giants cut him because of the ongoing legal drama; in the summer of 2009, Burress accepted a plea deal that sent him to prison for two years. He has faced several other legal battles, including allegations of moving violations, a car accident, and charges that he violated a contract with a car dealership. After getting out of prison, Burress earned a one-year deal with the New York Jets. A year later, he re-joined the Steelers, but sat out the 2013 season with a shoulder injury. Burress and his wife, Tiffany Glenn, have been married since 2005. They have two children together.
Plaxico Burress Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
American football player
Date of Birth
Aug 12, 1977
American football player, Athlete
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
231 lbs (105 kg)
Plaxico Antonio Burress
The Incredible Story Of How Young Jeezy Ended Up Bringing $2 Million In Cash To A Photoshooton Jul 29, 2015
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
In 1987, Junk Bond King Michael Milken Earned $550 Million. Two Years Later He Was In Jail. This Is His Crazy Life Story...on Jul 30, 2015
Forget Winning A Tour Of A Chocolate Factory. This $1500 Golden Ticket Could Eventually Be Worth BILLIONS...on Jul 30, 2015
How New Clippers Forward Josh Smith Just Became The Most Despised Man In The NBAon Jul 28, 2015
Think Your Extended Family Hates You? Well, At Least You Never Cost Them $4.3 Billion...on Jul 28, 2015
Russell Wilson Just Turned Down $21 Million A Year From The Seahawks… Is He Crazy?on Jul 29, 2015
Will Chris Brown Finally Turn His Life Around After A Series Of Recent Troubles?on Jul 29, 2015
What Is New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Still Fighting For?on Jul 30, 2015
Instead Of Earning Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars, The Co-Founder Of Domino's Pizza Made One Huge Mistake...on Jul 29, 2015
Plaxico Burress Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Giants (2008-09)$7,850,000
- New York Giants (2007-08)$3,295,000
- New York Giants (2006-07)$5,605,000
- New York Giants (2005-06)$5,600,000
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2004-05)$1,115,400
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2003-04)$580,175
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2002-03)$826,470
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2001-02)$1,918,751
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2000-01)$1,522,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- DraftKings Just Raised $300 Million. Here's How It Will Change The Way You Watch SportsDraftKings helped the daily fantasy sports concept become a multibillion-dollar industry. Two recent moves will take daily fantasy sports to an even higher level.
- 10 Billionaires And Millionaires Who Became PoliticiansThe 10 billionaires and millionaires on this list had business success and financial success, yet they still wanted more. They wanted to influence their country. Many want – or wanted – to run their country.
- Are NFL Fans Finally Getting Tired Of Paying Too Much To Watch Football?When DirecTV came out with the Sunday Ticket, making it possible for fans to watch their favorite team even if they are in the wrong market, it was heralded as a great thing. Now, it is being called "too expensive."
- Warren Buffett's Son Is Waging A War Against African Poachers. And It's Not A War Of Words.Warren Buffett's son just launched an all out war against endangered African rhino poachers. And this isn't a war of words. The younger Buffett is coming armed with guns, helicopters and a massive war chest at his disposal.