Plaxico Burress Net Worth: Plaxico Burress is an American professional football player who has a net worth of $6 million dollars. Born in 1977 in Norfolk, Virginia, Plaxico Burress plays wide receiver and is currently a free agent. Burress played at Michigan State University in the Big Ten where he was a two-time member of the All-Big Ten team. Burress was named MVP of two of Michigan State's postseason bowl games. The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Burress with the eighth overall pick during the 2000 NFL Draft. He played for the Steelers until 2004, catching more than 250 passes for 4,164 yards and 22 touchdowns. His rookie season was featured on an episode of MTV's "True Life. In 2005, he signed a new contract with the New York Giants. Burress' most memorable moment with the Giants is his acrobatic game-winning touchdown catch in Super Bowl XLII. The Giants defeated the then-undefeated New England Patriots. After a contract dispute, Burress signed an extension with the Giants before he was released in early 2009 after he accidentally shot himself in a New York City nightclub. Burress reportedly carried the loaded gun into the club and ended up with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the thigh. He turned himself in two days later on criminal possession of a handgun charges. The Giants cut him because of the ongoing legal drama; in the summer of 2009, Burress accepted a plea deal that sent him to prison for two years. He has faced several other legal battles, including allegations of moving violations, a car accident, and charges that he violated a contract with a car dealership. After getting out of prison, Burress earned a one-year deal with the New York Jets. A year later, he re-joined the Steelers, but sat out the 2013 season with a shoulder injury. Burress and his wife, Tiffany Glenn, have been married since 2005. They have two children together.
Plaxico Burress Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
American football player
Date of Birth
Aug 12, 1977 (38 years old)
American football player, Athlete
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
231 lbs (105 kg)
Plaxico Antonio Burress
Here Are Jennifer Lawrence's Top 7 Movie Paycheckson Oct 6, 2015
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
This Billionaire Has Lost 85% Of His Fortune In The Last Few Monthson Oct 6, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
These Celebrities Were Rich Even Before They Were Famouson Oct 6, 2015
Who Are The Highest Paid ESPN Personalities?on Oct 5, 2015
Now You Can Buy Donald Trump's Rare Lamborghini Diabloon Oct 6, 2015
Tom Cruise Reportedly Sells Hidden Hills Scientology Getaway For $11.4 Million!on Oct 4, 2015
The Strange Story Of A Russian Billionaire, A Swiss Art Dealer, Two "Stolen" Picasso Paintings, And Picasso's Step-Daughteron Oct 6, 2015
Plaxico Burress Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Giants (2008-09)$7,850,000
- New York Giants (2007-08)$3,295,000
- New York Giants (2006-07)$5,605,000
- New York Giants (2005-06)$5,600,000
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2004-05)$1,115,400
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2003-04)$580,175
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2002-03)$826,470
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2001-02)$1,918,751
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2000-01)$1,522,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- How Baltimore Ravens Owner Steve Bisciotti Made His $2.6 Billion FortuneIt takes a small fortune to buy into an NFL team nowadays, but if you have one you can afford to part with they are still one heck of an investment. Just ask Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.
- Ten College Majors That Are A Good InvestmentGoing to college is not mandatory and can be considered an investment, which means you want to get the maximum return on your money.
- Retiring Auto Tycoon Will Get $1M For The Rest Of His Life... And That's Actually A Pay-cut!Sidney DeBoer is the founder and former CEO of Lithia Motors, and he just signed off on a lifetime compensation deal for his retirement.
- Russell Crowe's Top 5 Highest Paying Film RolesRussell Crowe has made an impressive amount of cash from his film roles. Find out how much here!