Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a former American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $20 million dollars. Born as Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., in New York City in 1947, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar converted to Islam while he was playing under John Wooden at UCLA during the 1960s. During college, Abdul-Jabbar was a two-time Player of the Year and three-time first-team All-American who won three national championships. He won the inaugural Naismith College Player of the Year award in 1969. He was on the court for the "Game of the Century" when the Houston Cougars ended the Bruins' 47-game winning streak on January 20, 1968. Abdul-Jabbar was drafted first overall by the Milwaukee Bucks during the 1969 NBA Draft. He played with the Bucks until 1975, winning one championship and three MVP awards, before joining the Los Angeles Lakers. With the Lakers, he won five NBA championships and three more MVP Awards. He is a 19-time All-Star and ten-time first-team All-NBA player. Abdul-Jabbar was named Rookie of the Year in 1970 and is a two-time scoring champion. His number, 33, was retired by the Bucks, Lakers and the Bruins. After his retirement, he went on to coach with the Lakers, where he was part of two more championship teams in the late 2000s. Abdul-Jabbar also has several acting credits to his name, with appearances in "Game of Death", "Airplane!", "Zero Hour!", "Full House", "Everybody Loves Raymond", and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". He is the best-selling author of several books, including "Giant Steps", "Brothers In Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion, WWII's Forgotten Heroes", and "What Color Is My World? The Lost History of African American Inventors". In early 2012, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed him to the position of U.S. cultural ambassador. He married his wife, Habiba Abdul-Jabbar, after they met at a Lakers game while he was in college. They had three children together and divorced in 1978. Abdul-Jabbar has one other child from a separate relationship. He battled leukemia in 2008, and several years later, announced his cancer is in remission.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Kareem Abdul-Jabbar against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Apr 16, 1947 (69 years old)
Basketball player, Actor, Author, Basketball Coach, Screenwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
7 ft 1 in (2.18 m)
225 lbs (102 kg)
Trinidadian and Tobagonian American
Lew Alcindor, Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Lew, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, Lewis Ferdinand Alcindor, The Big 'A', Lewis Alcindor
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Drake's 'Views From The 6' Went Gold In One Day!on May 4, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
Prince's Alleged Love Child May Stand to Inherit His Entire Fortuneon May 5, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Earnings
Click to Expand
- Los Angeles Lakers (1988-89)$3,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1987-88)$2,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1985-86)$2,030,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Dirk Nowitzki Is Giving Up A Lot Of Money To Stay With The MavericksJust how much money did Dirk Nowitzki leave on the table by opting out of his current contract?
- Dana White Making An Expensive Mistake By Not Putting Conor McGregor Back on UFC 200 Fight Card?As much as fans may love the UFC, in the end it is another business. For the business that is the UFC to generate the most revenue it can, it needs its best fighters in action
- Conor McGregor Offered $2-3 Million To Fight For Rival PromotionsAfter losing his standoff with Dana White, Conor McGregor is a fighter without a fight or a paycheck. However, if he wants either there are promotions other than the UFC willing to pay him millions to fight.
- Mariah Carey's Voice, Legs Insured For $70 MillionIf you've ever thought that tickets to one of Mariah's concerts cost an arm and a leg, maybe this is the reason why!