Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a former American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $20 million dollars. Born as Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., in New York City in 1947, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar converted to Islam while he was playing under John Wooden at UCLA during the 1960s. During college, Abdul-Jabbar was a two-time Player of the Year and three-time first-team All-American who won three national championships. He won the inaugural Naismith College Player of the Year award in 1969. He was on the court for the "Game of the Century" when the Houston Cougars ended the Bruins' 47-game winning streak on January 20, 1968. Abdul-Jabbar was drafted first overall by the Milwaukee Bucks during the 1969 NBA Draft. He played with the Bucks until 1975, winning one championship and three MVP awards, before joining the Los Angeles Lakers. With the Lakers, he won five NBA championships and three more MVP Awards. He is a 19-time All-Star and ten-time first-team All-NBA player. Abdul-Jabbar was named Rookie of the Year in 1970 and is a two-time scoring champion. His number, 33, was retired by the Bucks, Lakers and the Bruins. After his retirement, he went on to coach with the Lakers, where he was part of two more championship teams in the late 2000s. Abdul-Jabbar also has several acting credits to his name, with appearances in "Game of Death", "Airplane!", "Zero Hour!", "Full House", "Everybody Loves Raymond", and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". He is the best-selling author of several books, including "Giant Steps", "Brothers In Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion, WWII's Forgotten Heroes", and "What Color Is My World? The Lost History of African American Inventors". In early 2012, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed him to the position of U.S. cultural ambassador. He married his wife, Habiba Abdul-Jabbar, after they met at a Lakers game while he was in college. They had three children together and divorced in 1978. Abdul-Jabbar has one other child from a separate relationship. He battled leukemia in 2008, and several years later, announced his cancer is in remission.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Kareem Abdul-Jabbar against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Apr 16, 1947 (69 years old)
Basketball player, Actor, Author, Basketball Coach, Screenwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
7 ft 1 in (2.18 m)
225 lbs (102 kg)
Trinidadian and Tobagonian American
Lew Alcindor, Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Lew, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, Lewis Ferdinand Alcindor, The Big 'A', Lewis Alcindor
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?on Jun 28, 2016
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Earnings
Click to Expand
- Los Angeles Lakers (1988-89)$3,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1987-88)$2,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1985-86)$2,030,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive ListingThe San Francisco real estate market just got a little bit bigger, with the most expensive property in the city recently joining the league of luxury estates for sale – and it can be yours for $28.5 million.
- LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The CavsLeBron James has put his legacy on the city of Cleveland, and the basketball world as a whole. Every team is going to try and get him, and about two-thirds of the league can pay more than the Cavs are able to.
- Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting ConditionIn the latest story of an athlete leaving a rental home in less than stellar shape, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant is being sued for wreaking havoc on a property he lived in for less than two years.
- Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15If July 15th rolls around and the Broncos haven't offered Miller enough cash, they will likely lose their superstar linebacker forever.