Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a former American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $20 million dollars. Born as Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., in New York City in 1947, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar converted to Islam while he was playing under John Wooden at UCLA during the 1960s. During college, Abdul-Jabbar was a two-time Player of the Year and three-time first-team All-American who won three national championships. He won the inaugural Naismith College Player of the Year award in 1969. He was on the court for the "Game of the Century" when the Houston Cougars ended the Bruins' 47-game winning streak on January 20, 1968. Abdul-Jabbar was drafted first overall by the Milwaukee Bucks during the 1969 NBA Draft. He played with the Bucks until 1975, winning one championship and three MVP awards, before joining the Los Angeles Lakers. With the Lakers, he won five NBA championships and three more MVP Awards. He is a 19-time All-Star and ten-time first-team All-NBA player. Abdul-Jabbar was named Rookie of the Year in 1970 and is a two-time scoring champion. His number, 33, was retired by the Bucks, Lakers and the Bruins. After his retirement, he went on to coach with the Lakers, where he was part of two more championship teams in the late 2000s. Abdul-Jabbar also has several acting credits to his name, with appearances in "Game of Death", "Airplane!", "Zero Hour!", "Full House", "Everybody Loves Raymond", and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". He is the best-selling author of several books, including "Giant Steps", "Brothers In Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion, WWII's Forgotten Heroes", and "What Color Is My World? The Lost History of African American Inventors". In early 2012, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed him to the position of U.S. cultural ambassador. He married his wife, Habiba Abdul-Jabbar, after they met at a Lakers game while he was in college. They had three children together and divorced in 1978. Abdul-Jabbar has one other child from a separate relationship. He battled leukemia in 2008, and several years later, announced his cancer is in remission.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Kareem Abdul-Jabbar against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Apr 16, 1947 (68 years old)
Basketball player, Actor, Author, Basketball Coach, Screenwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
7 ft 1 in (2.18 m)
225 lbs (102 kg)
Trinidadian and Tobagonian American
Lew Alcindor, Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Lew, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, Lewis Ferdinand Alcindor, The Big 'A', Lewis Alcindor
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Golden State Warriors Sign Extremely Lucrative Arena Naming Rights Dealon Feb 7, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 Millionon Feb 6, 2016
Who Will Be The First $100 Million Earner In Tennis - Novak Djokovic Or Roger Federer?on Feb 7, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Earnings
Click to Expand
- Los Angeles Lakers (1988-89)$3,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1987-88)$2,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1985-86)$2,030,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL SalaryRunning back Marshawn Lynch is known for a lot of things: his Skittles touchdown celebrations, giving short, repetitive answers to the media, and being a bruising, powerful running back. Let's add financially wise to that list.
- Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.Back when he was a young hotshot in the league, Spencer Haywood was given a choice by Nike. His decision ultimately cost him a HUGE amount of money.
- The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone ElseThe richest 62 people in the world would all fit onto a bus. Those 62 people have as much cold, hard cash (and assets) as half of the population of the world. And thank God they do, so that we have things to write about at Celebrity Net Worth!
- Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas MansionMike Tyson has made and blown a fortune during his lifetime, but apparently things are on the up and up now. They must be, for him to be able to afford buying a 10,000 square foot home in Las Vegas.