Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a former American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $20 million dollars. Born as Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., in New York City in 1947, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar converted to Islam while he was playing under John Wooden at UCLA during the 1960s. During college, Abdul-Jabbar was a two-time Player of the Year and three-time first-team All-American who won three national championships. He won the inaugural Naismith College Player of the Year award in 1969. He was on the court for the "Game of the Century" when the Houston Cougars ended the Bruins' 47-game winning streak on January 20, 1968. Abdul-Jabbar was drafted first overall by the Milwaukee Bucks during the 1969 NBA Draft. He played with the Bucks until 1975, winning one championship and three MVP awards, before joining the Los Angeles Lakers. With the Lakers, he won five NBA championships and three more MVP Awards. He is a 19-time All-Star and ten-time first-team All-NBA player. Abdul-Jabbar was named Rookie of the Year in 1970 and is a two-time scoring champion. His number, 33, was retired by the Bucks, Lakers and the Bruins. After his retirement, he went on to coach with the Lakers, where he was part of two more championship teams in the late 2000s. Abdul-Jabbar also has several acting credits to his name, with appearances in "Game of Death", "Airplane!", "Zero Hour!", "Full House", "Everybody Loves Raymond", and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". He is the best-selling author of several books, including "Giant Steps", "Brothers In Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion, WWII's Forgotten Heroes", and "What Color Is My World? The Lost History of African American Inventors". In early 2012, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed him to the position of U.S. cultural ambassador. He married his wife, Habiba Abdul-Jabbar, after they met at a Lakers game while he was in college. They had three children together and divorced in 1978. Abdul-Jabbar has one other child from a separate relationship. He battled leukemia in 2008, and several years later, announced his cancer is in remission.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Kareem Abdul-Jabbar against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Apr 16, 1947 (68 years old)
Basketball player, Actor, Author, Basketball Coach, Screenwriter, Film Producer
United States of America
7 ft 1 in (2.18 m)
225 lbs (102 kg)
Trinidadian and Tobagonian American
Lew Alcindor, Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr., Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Lew, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, Lewis Ferdinand Alcindor, The Big 'A', Lewis Alcindor
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over Underwearon Nov 26, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini Huracánon Nov 27, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A Billionaireon Nov 27, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For Stuffingon Nov 26, 2015
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Earnings
Click to Expand
- Los Angeles Lakers (1988-89)$3,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1987-88)$2,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1985-86)$2,030,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?If you ever own a BMW and you feel like showing off your driving skills, please don't follow this guy's example...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.
- Billionaire Mario Gabelli Is Sick Of Paying For CableEven billionaires can get irritated about how much they're paying for cable every month.