Jamal Mashburn Net Worth: Jamal Mashburn is an American retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $45 million. Jamal Mashburn was born November 29, 1972 in New York City, New York. As a small forward, Mashburn was a high scorer in his 12 seasons in the league, with a career scoring average of 19.1 points per game. The former college and NBA All Star spent a total of over 20 years with the Kentucky Wildcats, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat and New Orleans Hornets. Before his basketball career, Mashburn used his natural knack for teambuilding in the business world and assembled a team of savvy professionals specializing in administration, finance, project management, insurance and advertising. This team quickly developed an ownership model that resulted in an impressive business portfolio. To date, Mashburn the entrepreneur has ownership interest in numerous restaurant franchises (38 Outback Steakhouse restaurants, 32 Papa John's pizza restaurants and three Dunkin Donuts stores), car dealerships (owner of Kentucky's Toyota on Nicholasville and Lexus Store of Lexington), holdings in real estate and stakes in the thoroughbred horse racing industry. In his spare time. Mashburn even served as an ESPN on-air NBA analyst (2006-2010). In 1993, before he ever signed his first professional basketball contract, he donated $500,000 to establish and endow the Mashburn Scholarship Fund at the University of Kentucky. The scholarship identifies ninth grade students in the Lexington, Kentucky area, tracks them through high school then awards them a full scholarship to attend the University of Kentucky or Bluegrass Community and Technical College if they achieve their academic and personal goals. He is also a founding member, officer and director of The MAP Foundation and Mashburn Family Foundation—both nonprofits. Mashburn currently sits on the Board of Directors for the National Forest Foundation and has served on the Advisory Board for Central Bank & Trust Company in Lexington, KY from 2005-2008. Mashburn has taken full advantage of the opportunities afforded to him and now encourages and inspires others to embrace his team-first attitude.
Jamal Mashburn Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 29, 1972
United States of America
6 ft 7 in (2.03 m)
240 lbs (109 kg)
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
Real Estate Tycoon Leaves $20 Million To Daughters, But There's A Catch! Actually Several Catches...on Jul 31, 2015
NBA Rookie Makes Big Gamble On Himself... Ends Up With Huge Paydayon Jul 31, 2015
Top 10 Most Expensive Stadiums In The Worldon Jul 31, 2015
The Incredible Story Of How Young Jeezy Ended Up Bringing $2 Million In Cash To A Photoshooton Jul 29, 2015
Forget Winning A Tour Of A Chocolate Factory. This $1500 Golden Ticket Could Eventually Be Worth BILLIONS...on Jul 30, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini Aventadoron Jul 31, 2015
Seattle Seahawks Sign Russell Wilson To A Massive 4-Year $87.6 Million Revolutionary Dealon Jul 31, 2015
Fly The Friendly And Luxurious Skies Around The World In The Four Seasons' New Private Jeton Jul 31, 2015
Miracle On Ice Goalie Selling Memorabilia From Iconic Game For $5.7 Millionon Jul 31, 2015
Jamal Mashburn Earnings
Click to Expand
- Philadelphia 76ers (2005-06)$10,075,000
- New Orleans Pelicans (2004-05)$9,300,000
- New Orleans Pelicans (2003-04)$8,525,000
- New Orleans Pelicans (2002-03)$7,750,000
- Charlotte Hornets (2001-02)$6,975,000
- Charlotte Hornets (2000-01)$6,200,000
- Miami Heat (1999-00)$5,600,000
- Miami Heat (1998-99)$5,033,000
- Miami Heat (1997-98)$4,433,334
- Dallas Mavericks (1996-97)$3,833,000
- Dallas Mavericks (1995-96)$3,233,000
- Dallas Mavericks (1994-95)$2,633,300
- Dallas Mavericks (1993-94)$2,033,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- In 1987, Junk Bond King Michael Milken Earned $550 Million. Two Years Later He Was In Jail. This Is His Crazy Life Story...Before Martha Stewart and Jordan Belfort made headlines, there was "junk bond king" Michael Milken. This is his insane story...
- DraftKings Just Raised $300 Million. Here's How It Will Change The Way You Watch SportsDraftKings helped the daily fantasy sports concept become a multibillion-dollar industry. Two recent moves will take daily fantasy sports to an even higher level.
- 10 Billionaires And Millionaires Who Became PoliticiansThe 10 billionaires and millionaires on this list had business success and financial success, yet they still wanted more. They wanted to influence their country. Many want – or wanted – to run their country.
- What Is New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Still Fighting For?NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decided to uphold Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his role in the whole Deflate-Gate mess. So what does it all mean and what happens next...