Jamal Mashburn Net Worth: Jamal Mashburn is an American retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $45 million. Jamal Mashburn was born November 29, 1972 in New York City, New York. As a small forward, Mashburn was a high scorer in his 12 seasons in the league, with a career scoring average of 19.1 points per game. The former college and NBA All Star spent a total of over 20 years with the Kentucky Wildcats, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat and New Orleans Hornets. Before his basketball career, Mashburn used his natural knack for teambuilding in the business world and assembled a team of savvy professionals specializing in administration, finance, project management, insurance and advertising. This team quickly developed an ownership model that resulted in an impressive business portfolio. To date, Mashburn the entrepreneur has ownership interest in numerous restaurant franchises (38 Outback Steakhouse restaurants, 32 Papa John's pizza restaurants and three Dunkin Donuts stores), car dealerships (owner of Kentucky's Toyota on Nicholasville and Lexus Store of Lexington), holdings in real estate and stakes in the thoroughbred horse racing industry. In his spare time. Mashburn even served as an ESPN on-air NBA analyst (2006-2010). In 1993, before he ever signed his first professional basketball contract, he donated $500,000 to establish and endow the Mashburn Scholarship Fund at the University of Kentucky. The scholarship identifies ninth grade students in the Lexington, Kentucky area, tracks them through high school then awards them a full scholarship to attend the University of Kentucky or Bluegrass Community and Technical College if they achieve their academic and personal goals. He is also a founding member, officer and director of The MAP Foundation and Mashburn Family Foundation—both nonprofits. Mashburn currently sits on the Board of Directors for the National Forest Foundation and has served on the Advisory Board for Central Bank & Trust Company in Lexington, KY from 2005-2008. Mashburn has taken full advantage of the opportunities afforded to him and now encourages and inspires others to embrace his team-first attitude.
Jamal Mashburn Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
United States of America
6 ft 7 in (2.03 m)
240 lbs (109 kg)
When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...on Jun 30, 2015
Taylor Swift Just Brought A $730 Billion Company To Its Knees With One Blog Poston Jun 22, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
What Are Your Chances Of Being A Rags To Riches Story?on Jun 30, 2015
Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Puts In $7-8 Billion Bid For Controlling Interest In Formula 1 Racingon Jun 30, 2015
Meet Wang Sicong: The Breast-Obsessed Controversial Son Of China's Richest Manon Jun 29, 2015
The Fascinating Life Of Jimmy Choo Founder Tamara Mellon And Her $280 Million Stiletto Fortuneon Jun 29, 2015
From Pumping Gas To A $6 Billion Fashion Fortune: The Rags To Riches Story Of Forever 21's Jin Sook And Do Won Changon Jun 23, 2015
Floyd Mayweather Made $100,000 A Month By Simply Parking His Ferrari Enzo In A Garageon Jun 28, 2015
Floyd Mayweather Wants Another Monster Payday – But Is There Another Monster Payday Out There?on Jun 23, 2015
Jamal Mashburn Earnings
Click to Expand
- Philadelphia 76ers (2005-06)$10,075,000
- New Orleans Pelicans (2004-05)$9,300,000
- New Orleans Pelicans (2003-04)$8,525,000
- New Orleans Pelicans (2002-03)$7,750,000
- Charlotte Hornets (2001-02)$6,975,000
- Charlotte Hornets (2000-01)$6,200,000
- Miami Heat (1999-00)$5,600,000
- Miami Heat (1998-99)$5,033,000
- Miami Heat (1997-98)$4,433,334
- Dallas Mavericks (1996-97)$3,833,000
- Dallas Mavericks (1995-96)$3,233,000
- Dallas Mavericks (1994-95)$2,633,300
- Dallas Mavericks (1993-94)$2,033,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...July 1st is not just the first day of a new month, it's also Bobby Bonilla day! That's the day when the NY Mets direct deposit $1.2 million to the account of a 52-year-old man who has been retired for over a decade...
- What Are Your Chances Of Being A Rags To Riches Story?We do love a good rags to riches story here at Celebrity Net Worth. It is inspiring to read about men and women who go from fairly normal beginnings to stratospheric wealth, but how realistic is it for the average Joe or Jane?
- Millions Over Memory? Is the Potential For Brain Injury Worth The Financial Reward And Security?The story is starting to become all too common; former football players struggling because of injuries that occurred during their NFL days. Is it all worth it? Are the millions in financial security they earn playing the game worth the potential for long lasting effects once their days on the gridiron over?
- Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Puts In $7-8 Billion Bid For Controlling Interest In Formula 1 RacingMiami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross may be looking to expand his sports holdings by purchasing a controlling interest in the company that runs Formula One racing.