Hakeem Olajuwon net worth: Hakeem Olajuwon is a retired Nigerian-American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $200 million. Hakeem Olajuwon earned his net worth from years of playing pro basketball for the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors and as an entrepreneur. He played basketball professionally for 18 years. Born Hakeem Abdul "The Dream" Olajuwon on January, 21, 1963, in Lagos, Nigeria, he rose to international stardom playing the center position for NBA teams, the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors. Even though he was introduced with the sport at the age of 15, standing 6 ft 9 in. (206 cm) tall helped him land the center position for the Nigerian national team. From 1981 to 1984, he attended the University of Houston, where he led his team, three times in a row, to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Final Four (national tournament semifinals). After he was drafted by the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association, Olajuwon and the even taller Ralph Sampson created the duo aka Twin Towers offense. This had an impact on creating an image for himself as a dominant big man in the NBA. After he was traded to the Warriors in 1988, he joined the team of the Rockets' where he established himself as an undisputed leader. By the time he became an American citizen in 1993, Hakeem became the only player in NBA history to win the NBA MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, as well as Finals MVP awards in the same season, i.e., 1993-94 season. In 1996, he joined the gold-medal-winning US national team at the Olympics, and also entered the list of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. What's more, together with Shaquille O'Neal, he was recognized as the NBA's best centers. He signed with the Toronto Raptors in 2001, but a year later Olajuwon retired as league's all-time leader in blocks with 3,830.
Hakeem Olajuwon Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jan 21, 1963 (53 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 9 in (2.08 m)
256 lbs (116 kg)
Akeem Abdul Olajuwon, The Dream, Akeem Olajuwon, Akeem The Dream
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Kanye West Just Signed A Deal With Adidas That Could Make Him A BILLIONAIREon Jun 30, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
Paul Allen Unveils Stratolaunch, The World's Largest Airplaneon Jun 30, 2016
Drake Is Worth An Estimated $3 Billion To His Hometown Of Torontoon Jun 30, 2016
The World's Third-Youngest Billionaire Is Rich Thanks To Fish Farmingon Jun 30, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
From Broke To A $180M Business: The Story Behind Daniel Wellingtonon Jun 30, 2016
Hakeem Olajuwon Earnings
Click to Expand
- Toronto Raptors (2003-04)$6,326,923
- Toronto Raptors (2002-03)$5,694,231
- Toronto Raptors (2001-02)$5,061,539
- Houston Rockets (2000-01)$16,700,000
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$14,302,001
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$12,943,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$11,156,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$9,655,000
- Houston Rockets (1995-96)$5,305,000
- Houston Rockets (1994-95)$3,169,900
- Houston Rockets (1993-94)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1992-93)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1991-92)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1990-91)$3,175,000
- Houston Rockets (1988-89)$1,677,666
- Houston Rockets (1987-88)$1,452,666
- Houston Rockets (1985-86)$882,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...July 1st is not just the first day of a new month, it's also Bobby Bonilla day! That's the day when the NY Mets direct deposit $1.2 million to the account of a 53-year-old man who has been retired for over a decade...
- Brexit Causes Economic Upheaval: World's Richest People To Lose BillionsBrexit has seriously shaken the world markets... and has caused the world's richest people to lose billions in the process.
- Jose Reyes Is Getting A Ton Of Money Just For Being Released By The RockiesAfter a domestic abuse case was brought against him, the Colorado Rockies tried to trade infielder Jose Reyes. They couldn't find any takers, though, and now they owe him a ton of money.
- 2 Million Pound Wimbledon Prize Now Worth Significantly Less After Brexit VoteThanks to the Brexit vote and the resultant plunge of the British pound, that two million pound top prize for winning Wimbledon ain't what it used to be.