Hakeem Olajuwon net worth: Hakeem Olajuwon is a retired Nigerian-American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $200 million. Hakeem Olajuwon earned his net worth from years of playing pro basketball for the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors and as an entrepreneur. He played basketball professionally for 18 years. Born Hakeem Abdul "The Dream" Olajuwon on January, 21, 1963, in Lagos, Nigeria, he rose to international stardom playing the center position for NBA teams, the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors. Even though he was introduced with the sport at the age of 15, standing 6 ft 9 in. (206 cm) tall helped him land the center position for the Nigerian national team. From 1981 to 1984, he attended the University of Houston, where he led his team, three times in a row, to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Final Four (national tournament semifinals). After he was drafted by the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association, Olajuwon and the even taller Ralph Sampson created the duo aka Twin Towers offense. This had an impact on creating an image for himself as a dominant big man in the NBA. After he was traded to the Warriors in 1988, he joined the team of the Rockets' where he established himself as an undisputed leader. By the time he became an American citizen in 1993, Hakeem became the only player in NBA history to win the NBA MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, as well as Finals MVP awards in the same season, i.e., 1993-94 season. In 1996, he joined the gold-medal-winning US national team at the Olympics, and also entered the list of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. What's more, together with Shaquille O'Neal, he was recognized as the NBA's best centers. He signed with the Toronto Raptors in 2001, but a year later Olajuwon retired as league's all-time leader in blocks with 3,830.
Hakeem Olajuwon Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jan 21, 1963 (52 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 9 in (2.08 m)
256 lbs (116 kg)
Akeem Abdul Olajuwon, The Dream, Akeem Olajuwon, Akeem The Dream
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
Some Of The Most Eccentric Billionaires And Millionaireson Oct 7, 2015
These Celebrities Were Rich Even Before They Were Famouson Oct 6, 2015
Some Athletes Go Broke In Retirement. David Robinson Just Luanched His SECOND Private-Equity Fundon Oct 7, 2015
Here Are Jennifer Lawrence's Top 7 Movie Paycheckson Oct 6, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
Buy Ricky Gervais' London Home for $11.7 Million!on Oct 7, 2015
This Billionaire Has Lost 85% Of His Fortune In The Last Few Monthson Oct 6, 2015
How Much Has Sofia Vergara Made From Her Major Film Roles?on Oct 7, 2015
Hakeem Olajuwon Earnings
Click to Expand
- Toronto Raptors (2003-04)$6,326,923
- Toronto Raptors (2002-03)$5,694,231
- Toronto Raptors (2001-02)$5,061,539
- Houston Rockets (2000-01)$16,700,000
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$14,302,001
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$12,943,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$11,156,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$9,655,000
- Houston Rockets (1995-96)$5,305,000
- Houston Rockets (1994-95)$3,169,900
- Houston Rockets (1993-94)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1992-93)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1991-92)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1990-91)$3,175,000
- Houston Rockets (1988-89)$1,677,666
- Houston Rockets (1987-88)$1,452,666
- Houston Rockets (1985-86)$882,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Weekend Box Office Review For October 2nd – October 4thThis weekend, The Martian opened at #1, but how did other movies stack up?
- 10 Highest-Paid Soccer Coaches In The WorldSoccer superstars get a lot of attention for their salaries, but there are some coaches in the game pulling in good money of their own.
- Everything You Need To Know From Week 4 Of The NFLWe're a quarter of the way through the NFL season. How's your favorite team doing?
- Now You Can Buy Donald Trump's Rare Lamborghini DiabloTrump's 1997 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster has been officially put up for sale at an asking price of $299,000.