Hakeem Olajuwon net worth: Hakeem Olajuwon is a retired Nigerian-American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $200 million. Hakeem Olajuwon earned his net worth from years of playing pro basketball for the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors and as an entrepreneur. He played basketball professionally for 18 years. Born Hakeem Abdul "The Dream" Olajuwon on January, 21, 1963, in Lagos, Nigeria, he rose to international stardom playing the center position for NBA teams, the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors. Even though he was introduced with the sport at the age of 15, standing 6 ft 9 in. (206 cm) tall helped him land the center position for the Nigerian national team. From 1981 to 1984, he attended the University of Houston, where he led his team, three times in a row, to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Final Four (national tournament semifinals). After he was drafted by the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association, Olajuwon and the even taller Ralph Sampson created the duo aka Twin Towers offense. This had an impact on creating an image for himself as a dominant big man in the NBA. After he was traded to the Warriors in 1988, he joined the team of the Rockets' where he established himself as an undisputed leader. By the time he became an American citizen in 1993, Hakeem became the only player in NBA history to win the NBA MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, as well as Finals MVP awards in the same season, i.e., 1993-94 season. In 1996, he joined the gold-medal-winning US national team at the Olympics, and also entered the list of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. What's more, together with Shaquille O'Neal, he was recognized as the NBA's best centers. He signed with the Toronto Raptors in 2001, but a year later Olajuwon retired as league's all-time leader in blocks with 3,830.
Hakeem Olajuwon Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jan 21, 1963 (53 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 9 in (2.08 m)
256 lbs (116 kg)
Akeem Abdul Olajuwon, The Dream, Akeem Olajuwon, Akeem The Dream
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!on Feb 11, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few Monthson Feb 11, 2016
Website Reveals Interesting Trends Among The World's Billionaireson Feb 11, 2016
Hakeem Olajuwon Earnings
Click to Expand
- Toronto Raptors (2003-04)$6,326,923
- Toronto Raptors (2002-03)$5,694,231
- Toronto Raptors (2001-02)$5,061,539
- Houston Rockets (2000-01)$16,700,000
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$14,302,001
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$12,943,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$11,156,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$9,655,000
- Houston Rockets (1995-96)$5,305,000
- Houston Rockets (1994-95)$3,169,900
- Houston Rockets (1993-94)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1992-93)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1991-92)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1990-91)$3,175,000
- Houston Rockets (1988-89)$1,677,666
- Houston Rockets (1987-88)$1,452,666
- Houston Rockets (1985-86)$882,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism LawsuitSurviving members of Led Zeppelin were recently deposed as part of a copyright infringement case for the song Stairway to Heaven, often recognized as one of the greatest rock songs of all time.
- Jackie Chan Drops $20 Million On A Gorgeous New Private JetJackie Chan is no stranger to owning private jets, but this time he has dropped $20 million on the latest and greatest in air travel.
- Philadelphia Eagles Are Spending A Ton Of Money To Lock Up Free AgentsAfter a disappointing season, the Eagles cut loose head coach Chip Kelly, but must be okay with the roster, since the team has been working hard to lock up its free agents during the last few weeks.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai Got A Stock Package Worth Almost $200 MillionAs part of his transition to CEO, the new head of Google received a package of Google stock valued at nearly $200 million.