Hakeem Olajuwon net worth: Hakeem Olajuwon is a retired Nigerian-American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $200 million. Hakeem Olajuwon earned his net worth from years of playing pro basketball for the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors and as an entrepreneur. He played basketball professionally for 18 years. Born Hakeem Abdul "The Dream" Olajuwon on January, 21, 1963, in Lagos, Nigeria, he rose to international stardom playing the center position for NBA teams, the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors. Even though he was introduced with the sport at the age of 15, standing 6 ft 9 in. (206 cm) tall helped him land the center position for the Nigerian national team. From 1981 to 1984, he attended the University of Houston, where he led his team, three times in a row, to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Final Four (national tournament semifinals). After he was drafted by the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association, Olajuwon and the even taller Ralph Sampson created the duo aka Twin Towers offense. This had an impact on creating an image for himself as a dominant big man in the NBA. After he was traded to the Warriors in 1988, he joined the team of the Rockets' where he established himself as an undisputed leader. By the time he became an American citizen in 1993, Hakeem became the only player in NBA history to win the NBA MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, as well as Finals MVP awards in the same season, i.e., 1993-94 season. In 1996, he joined the gold-medal-winning US national team at the Olympics, and also entered the list of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. What's more, together with Shaquille O'Neal, he was recognized as the NBA's best centers. He signed with the Toronto Raptors in 2001, but a year later Olajuwon retired as league's all-time leader in blocks with 3,830.
Hakeem Olajuwon Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jan 21, 1963
United States of America
6 ft 9 in (2.08 m)
256 lbs (116 kg)
Akeem Abdul Olajuwon, The Dream, Akeem Olajuwon, Akeem The Dream
Eddie Murphy's Top 7 Highest Acting Paycheckson Sep 2, 2015
Kanye West Just Made A Crazy Promise To Everyone Who Votes For Him For President In 2020on Sep 2, 2015
5 Little Known Facts About The Rothschild Familyon Sep 1, 2015
These Super Rich And Successful CEOs Make Only $1 Per Yearon Sep 2, 2015
Tidal Accused Apple Of Doing Something Sinister Over The Weekend...on Sep 2, 2015
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Trick Daddy Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcyon Sep 1, 2015
Does Ronda Rousey Really Make More Than Floyd Mayweather Per Second?on Aug 31, 2015
Bono Did Not Make $1.5 Billion Off Facebook. Let's Clear This Rumor Up Right Now...on Sep 1, 2015
The World's 10 Richest Media Mogulson Sep 2, 2015
Hakeem Olajuwon Earnings
Click to Expand
- Toronto Raptors (2003-04)$6,326,923
- Toronto Raptors (2002-03)$5,694,231
- Toronto Raptors (2001-02)$5,061,539
- Houston Rockets (2000-01)$16,700,000
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$14,302,001
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$12,943,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$11,156,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$9,655,000
- Houston Rockets (1995-96)$5,305,000
- Houston Rockets (1994-95)$3,169,900
- Houston Rockets (1993-94)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1992-93)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1991-92)$3,170,000
- Houston Rockets (1990-91)$3,175,000
- Houston Rockets (1988-89)$1,677,666
- Houston Rockets (1987-88)$1,452,666
- Houston Rockets (1985-86)$882,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Top 5 World's Most Expensive Handbags Of 2015Think your bag was pricey?! Well, check out the most expensive bags in the world! An embarrassment of riches, indeed!
- Remember The O.C.? You Can Buy The Cohen Family's Newport Beach Mansion For $6.5 MillionThe fictitious Cohen family entertained guests from a picturesque, sunny Italian villa with stunning views of park-like adjacent hills.
- Julio Jones Latest Wide Receiver To Sign Big Money DealThe off-season of the wide receiver continued with Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones signing a $71.25 million contract extension, with $47.5 million guaranteed.
- Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer Turns Down $60 million/Year TV Deal – And He's Not Crazy!Steve Ballmer turned the NBA on its head when he bought the Clippers for a record-setting $2 billion. He may be doing so again after turning down a $60 million/season television deal.